See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 12, 2017 via mobile

I was booked in the hotel by th RAC after breaking down in Germany so was a bit apprehensive. But should have not been worried, yes it is Korean biased but don't let that put you off. The room I was in was clean, spacious and bed was comfortable what else do you need. The continental breakfast selection was good. The staff were friendly and helpful especially with me not speaking German and being in an area I knew nothing about. Special thanks to the chap on reception (sorry I didn't take your name) for helping me out with the phone charger.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

This hotel is not really one of those 5 star fancy hotels that offer a lot of things that you dont really need and yet you know youvwill have to pay for them

This hotel offers exactly what I need. I need decent bed, I need free of charge meals, I need friedly staffs, I need laundry service and I do not want to be overcharged. That is why I love this hotel when I am alone to Frankfurt for business purpose only.

They serve both western style and korean style food which is perfect for me. Also they give you some kind of cupon that you can spend at the bending machine in their lobby area to buy chocolate, snack, drinks etc

I can recommend this hotel to anyone especially who is on hectic business trip or who has tight scheduled travel program etc.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank SJ_Taz
Reviewed November 11, 2016

The rooms are very old, even stylish, but clean. I think I have not been in such a hotel for 20 years. The staff is friendly. Sleeping is a different issue. It is like sleeping with many people in one room, because you hear everything from the kitchen and other rooms next, above and below your room. Generally, I don't think this hotel is an option without thorough renovation.

Room tip: If you go, take the highest floor to avoid one level of noise (above you)
Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Benno S
Reviewed June 4, 2016 via mobile

Our room was big with kitchen and living area. Bed was comfy. It's not completely up to date, but it was perfect for us. The restaurant was very good, more expensive than we thought. It's about 15 mins from the airport. Parking is along the side of the building for free. The staff was great and helpful. Breakfast was good and we had to pay because we got a low room rate.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 14, 2015

The Parkside-Hotel is in an old, but charming building. The owner is apparently Korean, and the hotel restaurant is staffed solely by Korean people, and for dinner serves only Korean fair.

As far as using it as a business hotel, the room has great lighting and plenty of power outlets for all your devices, and the restaurant is excellent. The internet connection, however, is rather slow at only 1Mbps downlink.

The breakfast buffet had a great selection, and the staff will make a killer latte for you. I had dinner at the restaurant on two occasions, and both times the restaurant staff always gave me strange looks like I didn't belong there. I was actually asked if I know how to use chopsticks. I'm pretty sure I've been using chopsticks longer than most of the staff have, by the mere fact that I'm much older than them. Do Europeans not know how to use chopsticks or something?

The hotel is near two industrial complexes and business districts, which is why I was asked to use this hotel by my customer. Other than that, however, there isn't much around. You'll need to walk ten minutes to catch a train into the city, or take a rental car.

I had a single room, which meant a tiny little bed. The mattress was comfortable, the pillow was absolutely excellent, but even though the duvet was comfortable enough, it was only barely wide enough to cover the bed, as opposed to being wide enough to drape down the side of the mattress like most duvets or comforters would. So for a front/side sleeper like myself, I would pull on the duvet in one direction, only to expose the other side of my body to the cold air. It was starting to get chilly overnight when I was in Frankfurt, so don't forget to turn on the radiator and close the window in your room; the cleaning staff will turn the heat off and open the window every time they clean.

The bathroom was comfortable with a nice, clean standing shower. The water pressure in the shower was fantastic; it was so strong I didn't even turn it up to full strength. (This was only the second time I've ever experienced such strong water pressure).

I'm sure I will be back to this hotel, because I will have to visit my customer in Frankfurt again, but if your business is not in the area, I wouldn't recommend going out of your way to stay here.

Date of stay: October 2015