“Most interesting hotel for a work trip”

25hours Hotel The Goldman
Ranked #20 of 271 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This hotel was recommended by a vendor due to its proximity to their office, so I expected a standard business-hotel. I was, however, very pleasantly surprised. The minute you walk in to the hotel you feel it is like a nice break from the long work-day. Quirky, interesting, novel, unusual - all these words describe the hotel. It was more than that though: really relaxing, friendly & helpful staff, and the restaurant was excellent, so good that we dined there every night! I will stay here for my next trips to Frankfurt. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Des R

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Nice hotel, Works very hard to be a bit different and lots of nice touches like the "do not disturb" signs with 10 different variants. Decor is very much designer lead but that comes with the usual form over function. Why do designers hate light! The room had quite a small window and the lighting was so moody and dark that I could barely see a keyboard to type. Please put in a desk lamp or cater for that "Yes, I love the ambiance, but now I need to find my socks" moment. Sink similarly beautiful to look at but wildly impractical for shaving or anything other than taking pictures of it to post in arcittectural mags. But those are minor things, the staff were great, it made me smile and brightens up a business trip (surely the only reason you would be in Frankfurt!)

Room Tip: Only some rooms have aircon.
1  Thank the5foleys2016
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I pre-booked my stay at this hotel before I left the UK, it was recommended to my by a colleauge who lives nearby in Frankfurt. I stayed for for 3 nights. At check-in I was asked to pay an additional 10 Euros per night if I wanted a room with air-con. I was a bit surprised at this as it is standard in most hotels, it was 75 degrees outside so this was an easy decision. Additionally I was offered a choice of a blue, orange, green or a beige room. I was mightily pleased that I was not left with just the orange room to choose from, that sounds like a headache waiting to happen! I went for blue. The room itself was functional if a little on the small side, it had two sash windows that opened up on to a busy street, there was no requirement to open them as the air-con was working okay The bed was very comfortable. My only complaint would be that the room was very gloomy even with all available lights switched on. Breakfast is included with the room, it is served buffet style with plenty of hot and cold options, The waiting staff could be a bit more attentive, they seemed happy to sit back and let people work out the system for themselves, I was only asked for my room number on one occasion. Overall an enjoyable stay and I will definitely return.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Loved the decor, pillows were a nice first touch then reading the signs to put on the door were interesting and certainly a good laugh, just make sure you use them or expect to have room service walk in on you at 9 am... Free mini hire was a nice touch, will make sure I factor in some free time to use it.
Front desk staff were extremely helpful in telling how to get where I needed to go.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Nice and cozy place close to the center of Frankfurt. Their strongest point is the cure for details, the furnitures, the style of each room, the common areas. A lot of funny and nice ideas in the hotel settings, in the room documentation, even the elevator: a lot of Style with many original ideas. The price is correct and the quality of the food very good. The people working at the reception are very kind.

Room Tip: not all the rooms have air conditioned, so make sure to ask a "M+" category room (whateve...
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Our room had purple shag carpet on the floor and the walls. We even had a picture of Grey Owl! How fitting since we were Canadian. But the room was a bit small for two people and felt a bit overwhelming. Still, I would stay there again for the staff. When I arrived the lift was out of service and my room was on the 6th floor. The poor guy working the desk carried my luggage up the 6 flights for me. My back ached and I wouldn't have been able to do it on my own.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Amazing staff who go right out of their way to help you. Very comfortable rooms with interesting decor and surroundings. Every detail of this hotel has been considered. The location, on the opposite end of the grime of the train station area is perfect. Tram into town #11 is perfect. Free use of hotel mini coopers convertible to tour the wine regions around Frankfurt....what more can we say! Thanks Goldman Hotel....keep up the great work!

Room Tip: Spend a bit more and get an M+ room, air conditioning and a fan make all the difference for 10€ a ni...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple