“very original” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 275 Hotels in Frankfurt
Turin, Italy
“very original”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Nice and cozy place close to the center of Frankfurt. Their strongest point is the cure for details, the furnitures, the style of each room, the common areas. A lot of funny and nice ideas in the hotel settings, in the room documentation, even the elevator: a lot of Style with many original ideas. The price is correct and the quality of the food very good. The people working at the reception are very kind.

Room Tip: not all the rooms have air conditioned, so make sure to ask a "M+" category room (whateve...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Nova Scotia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Our room had purple shag carpet on the floor and the walls. We even had a picture of Grey Owl! How fitting since we were Canadian. But the room was a bit small for two people and felt a bit overwhelming. Still, I would stay there again for the staff. When I arrived the lift was out of service and my room was on the 6th floor. The poor guy working the desk carried my luggage up the 6 flights for me. My back ached and I wouldn't have been able to do it on my own.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Amazing staff who go right out of their way to help you. Very comfortable rooms with interesting decor and surroundings. Every detail of this hotel has been considered. The location, on the opposite end of the grime of the train station area is perfect. Tram into town #11 is perfect. Free use of hotel mini coopers convertible to tour the wine regions around Frankfurt....what more can we say! Thanks Goldman Hotel....keep up the great work!

Room Tip: Spend a bit more and get an M+ room, air conditioning and a fan make all the difference for 10€ a ni...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Trento, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Location is on a main road with heavy traffic and close to the underground train. Well connected with the centre. Not to quiet though.
All rooms are differently furnished. Every floor has a dominating color. The rooms are not very spacious though, and the designers have not thought of storing more than just a couple of days of clothing. Every floor also has an electric perfume dispenser which is set too high so that the perfume is overwhelming. For german standards the breakfast is very expensive (16 € per person) but across the road there is a nice bakery where you can have a complete breakfast for around 5 - 6 €.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Loveland, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

The 25hours Hotel is one of the most interesting I have ever visited. It is kitchy and thoughtfully planned, but it takes a bit of getting used to. The halls are filled with pictures and prints, many humorous, mostly of a contemporary nature. Each room is named for some figure of modern (most twentieth century) culture or politics, such as Rosa Parks, Harvey Milk, Raoul Wallenberg, and Henry David Thoreau. We had the Marcel Marceau room, which featured a big picture of him performing over the bed. The decor is contemporary and I would say a bit daring. Our room was fairly large and was done in shades of purple and violet with the carpets at least partially climbing the walls. The dark colors were soothing in a sense, but it was hard to get the room bright. Everything was very fresh and new, and the place was quite clean.

I liked the overall effect, but also had some complaints. The reception area was very small and the desk staff was too busy to care for guests properly. There is a little street noise. And the hotel appears to be in what we in the United States would call a "gentrifing area" of former warehouses that are being converted into metrosexual housing. I would have liked it better had it been in walking distrance of the river or some of the historical sights of the city. On balance, though, this is an experience I'm glad I had.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank plainsrefugee
25hours_Hotels, Sales & Marketing Manager at 25hours Hotel The Goldman, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear guest,

thank you very much for your Review here on Tripadvisor. We are happy to hear that your Overall stay with us was to your satisfaction. Further, thank you for your detailed Feedback on our design - hopefully an interesting experience is always a memorable experience.

I am sorry to hear, that you felt our staff was too busy to care for our guests properly. Although there might be a few peek times, where it may be a bit more bustling, our guests shall always be felt well taken care of! Please note, that we will take your feedback to improve our service here!

I hope we can welcome you again in one of our 25hours hotels - there is so much more to explore...

Best regards,

Laura
Lima, Peru
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

The hotel is good. Its design is interesting and quite different from another hotels that I have visited. Its localization is a little far from a metro station but you can take the tram. The staff needs more training to avoid mistakes. For example, when I wanted to pick up my baggages to go the airport, the lady demanded me a ticket. I do not know what she was talking about because she did not give me any ticket when I left my baggage to be care. After ten minutes of discution she let me take out my baggage (memory problems, I guess). I would have liked that they would have changed the blankets everyday.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Cuernavaca, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I stayed here couple weeks back. We heard it was super cool and were excited at staying at a design hotel. The building is OK, but it feels crowded and old. The hall walls were not inviting and our room really smelled like tobacco, we knew it was a smoking room but the smell made us not to smoke. Te room felt small and the bathroom too. The amenities didn't do it for us, and the deco looked not quite right.
The girl at the front desk was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple