“RED LIGHT DISTRICT”

Ranked #236 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Calgary
“RED LIGHT DISTRICT”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

My husband and I took our teenagers on a tour of Europe in 2007 and this was our first stop. None of the reviews I read at the time, nor the photos on their website, indicate that it is in the RED LIGHT DISTRICT so I'm re-itterating it again.

Our cab driver from the airport seemed surprised when I gave him the address - he motioned to my daughter and said "Red Light District." So, I was not happy when we arrived. I said sarcastically to the young man at the desk that their website should mention it was not for families. He gave us the key and said to go look at the rooms - he guaranteed they were immaculate. If we did not like them we could have our money back. And he was right - the rooms were spotless.

We asked the kids what they thought and if the neighbourhood made them uncomfortable - they said as long as they stayed close to is they were fine and we decided to look at this as an adventure. I was okay with that until half an hour later we left to walk around and find a restaurant. The first crosswalk, where we waited (it felt like forever) had a giant display window for a sex toy store. It was all out in the open and some of it was pretty gross. Luckily the kids thought the best part was my shocked face!

The Lido directly across from the Hotel is a strip club with private rooms upstairs. The constant stream of taxis full of young men shouting and partying was broken up once and awhile by the excitement of the doorman chucking some guy to the curb.

The bar right next to the hotel's front entrance blasts dance music until 4:00am. You could actually feel the base reverb the floor under our feet. Our kids' room faced the back of the hotel and they said they could barely hear it.

All this being said, I must mention that of the 5 countries we visited, this was consistently the best breakfast we had by far. I would not even call it continental! Of course it's Germany so the selection of breads, cheeses, sausages and cold meats was like a deli. There was also boiled eggs, pastries, lovely granola and excellent jams and fruit.

So, my rec is get a room at the back of the hotel and enjoy a great breakfast and you should be okay.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank AlyssaSaturley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Good hotel for the price and for what they offered, very good located close of the main train station (5 min). Clean and peaceful to rest after a long trip.
The breakfast is included and very nice attendance.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
7 Thank Alejandro G
Offenbach
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Wonderful hotel , price worth near to the train station and city . staff very helpful.
i loved to book this hotel again. breakfast was excellent . fair ground is 15 min. walking distance from the hotel.

Room Tip: choose the room on the back side are very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
7 Thank Ashutosh45
Kansas City, Mo
Reviewed November 18, 2012

My credit card was stolen back in 2005 at this very hotel. . It was taken out of my suitcase. Very bad hotel personel at hotel. However, room was nice from what I can remember. There is some type of scam they are running here. Just beware.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank jm73174

Travelers are raving about these Frankfurt hotels

Queens, New York, United States
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I am also a victim of like most of other guests reviews here . Front desk and entire staff has cheated . Looks expatriates running this hotel and family friends and my suitcase with 1500 Euro missing . I checked response was you should take care else it is Germany . Also has charged me 82 Euro per night for 4 nights while they book on 37 Euro for others . arrogant staff , ready to have a war with you all time... will never advise anyone ... saw near streets prostitues take room here for their clients . ..dirty rooms , stinking , no lights , no wardrobe absolute waste ..please stay away from this hotel

Room Tip: I am also a victim of like most of other guests reviews here . Front desk and entire staff has chea...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Sam D
WV
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Somehow I missed the terrible reviews of this hotel, I don't know how, and naively booked it for about 100 Euros for a triple. Our experience wasn't as bad as some of the others except for the incredible noise and the disgusting skanky denizens of this street. The shower was nice, the beds were comfortable enough, and the desk personnel with whom we dealt were fairly pleasant.

However, it's absolutely impossible to sleep between the traffic and the nonstop shouting of the pimps, drunks and hookers all night long. I'm just hoping I won't find out they've stolen our credit card number!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Highland210
Taipei, Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed June 9, 2012

i booked this hotel since this hotel is really close to the station. but i didnt read the review online and it's totally a biggg mistake! this was not just horrible ! it's a nightmare!! when i arrived at the hotel, i just found that there were all sex stores and pubs nearby. and the front door was a an automatic door but it didnt work at that time. i had a huge and heavy luggage but the employee didnt even tried to help me. and when i wanted to check in , he said my name wasnt on the list but i just booked it a few days before i arrived. he then said it's okay and asked me to pay. i gave him 50 euro and then i got to my room. it was so miserable!! the TV and one of the lights didnt work!! and everything was so basic!i couldnt sleep at night! guess i fell asleep till 3 or 4 o'clock. it was totally horrible. and i woke up the next day, i just couldnt wait to get out of there. when i wanted to check out, there was another employee, and he asked me if i wanted to pay by cash or credit card. i told him i already paid! but he said no, he didnt see the record. i was thinking like what the hell!!i did pay and i suddenlt recalled that i paid the guy 50 euro but the price was actually 48!! he didnt even gave me changes! but i didnt care about it anymore cuz i just wanna get out of the place! i argue with the guy cuz i already paid and he kept saying no!!i was so angry and then he said okay! but i need to pay for the breakfast! and i didnt have breakfast!!!!!! i even told the guy i didnt wanna have breakfast there! damn! i was almost going crazy! this was extremely ridiculous!! and i began to argue with the employee about breakfast! first fees for room , now breakfast! i spent so much time arguing w/ him and i was almost late for my boarding time. after the argument, he let me go ! this was totally a nightmare. everyone need to be cautioned!!!

Room Tip: never stay in this hotel ! employees didnt help at all and were rude!! too noisy the environment...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo