All reviewsred lightthe main train stationdrug usersnever felt unsafehotel room isbusiness roomwould stay againnice roomdouble roomconvenient locationchristmas marketfrankfurt airportclarionerostoiletriesromerbergsignal
Reviewed December 21, 2015 via mobile

A group of ten of us stayed and the staff were very accommodating. They let us check in early and put us together as much as possible.
We were very pleased with the standard of the rooms. They were nice and clean with mood lighting which was a nice touch.
Although it is very close to the red light district just a street down there are lovely bars and restaurants.
Reviews said it was quite noisy at night but we slept right through and ear plugs were provided.
There was a lovely continental breakfast which I would advise you to book in advance to save money.
Very close to the train station so great for getting from the airport.
Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: December 2015, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 20, 2015

Our tour director booked this hotel as the result of a large convention taking up most hotels with capacity for 30 travelers. Otherwise, I doubt she would have booked us in this area. Since it is only a few blocks and walking distance from the main train station, the location is convenient for travelers taking the train. However, it is also a few blocks from the red light district and all its affiliated societal problems. As we walked to a restaurant nearby we encountered people exchanging syringes right on the sidewalk. We also saw opened suitcases on the sidewalks, trampled and disgorged of their contents. Little did I know that my suitcase would end up, no doubt, similarly mangled and emptied the next day. While we waited for all tour members to load the tour bus the bus driver neglected to close the baggage compartment, and a local denizen ran off with my suitcase. No fault of the hotel, but this incident illustrates the dodgy nature of the area. The hotel itself is average. Rooms vary from comfortable to tiny, which my husband and I had. It was perhaps 10 x 12 feet (3x4 meters) with a bathroom the size of a closet. But the personnel were courteous and amenable.

Room Tip: Rooms with twin beds are larger than a room with a double bed.
  • Stayed: September 2015, traveled with friends
1  Thank txchic
Reviewed December 17, 2015

I was a bit worried having read some of the reviews but it was fine. The hotel was clean & bright with the staff friendly & helpful. We stayed in room 403 overlooking a side street. Our room was clean & comfortable with a wardrobe/ small dressing area, a spotless bathroom with a shower, shaver point, hairdryer, toiletries & towels. The bed was a little too soft for my but OH found it perfect. We each had large soft pillows & duvets. There was coloured mood lighting around the bed & flatscreen tv with enough sockets & usb ports for charging various devices. Free wi-fi worked well. There is the usual minibar which seemed to work like a vending machine - press the numbered button & the item drops into a drawer at the bottom. There was also tea/coffee making items.

Yes, the hotel is on the edge of the red light district but we never once felt threatened when walking. The area is noisy but the double glazing does an efficient job & the hotel provided ear plugs! Lots of restaurant & cafes in the next street, underground (U-bahn) station a few steps away & train station across the main road. The U-bahn was cheap & 2 stops to the Christmas markets & main shopping areas.

We had the breakfast buffet in the hotel on our final day & it was more than adequate with plenty of fresh fruit, meats, cheeses, breads, cereals, juices & a small hot selection. The treat for me was honey from a real honeycomb - delicious!

We enjoyed our few days in this hotel & would certainly go back.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the hotel tend to suffer more with outside noise.
  • Stayed: December 2015, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 9, 2015 via mobile

The hotel is quite fine. The rooms are great, I was in 302 and it was very good.
The decoration of the dinning room and the stairs doesn't match with the rooms. They could imorove decoration of common areas it would imorive the whole thing. Breakfast was ok

Stayed: December 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 8, 2015

This hotel is very close to the main train station which is great. The road it's on is the red light district and is busy at night with clubs and casinos.
First impression of the hotel is that it is clean and the staff are friendly. The rooms are clean (the carpet is what I would call "durable") and functional complete with a mini-bar which works like a vending machine and plenty of toiletries. The windows are double glazed. There is also a cool lighting system which changes colours.
We were on the first floor the first night and to be honest we may have well tried to sleep outside. The walls offered no sound proofing, which at night time in this location I would say is quite important. I suspect (although I have no proof of factual evidence) that a honk of the car horn is how to grab a prostitutes attention. It was kind of like being in New York again with the constant hooting.... After 4am I did get a little shut-eye until the guy next door started using Skype, I felt like I was in the same room and sharing the cigarette he was smoking.
The following night we were moved to the top floor. This was much better although still not great. The sound level was reduced some-what although if you sleep light like me it is not reduced enough, especially if the Police are called to a building opposite.
To sum up, this hotel is clean and the staff are polite and courteous. The free Wi-Fi is a nice touch. It is the last place I would wish to stay again as I got very little sleep. This may well be a different story for a mid-week break but if you are there for a weekend make sure you take ear plugs unless you are there to cause the noise.

Room Tip: The rooms are noisy - take ear plugs.
  • Stayed: December 2015, traveled with family