“Only if you get a good deal, stylish, but not worth a splurge”
Review of The Pure

The Pure
Ranked #31 of 271 Hotels in Frankfurt
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 15, 2009

The Pure is a small and somewhat chic hotel that harkens back to the days when a design hotel meant everything was all white and sterile. I can see this being really cool a number of years ago. It is still kept it good condition, it's just that the look is somewhat dated. That said, my room, albeit tiny, was cute and had a balcony which was really nice.
The hotel is quite near the city's main train station, but on a street which goes out on either side of the station so you have to sort of guess which side the hotel is on to start out. As it happens, one side is comprised of strip joints and sex shops (the side I happened to pick), and the other side is where the hotel is. I wouldn't want to have had to make that choice at night, let's just say that.
The hotel is very quiet and low key with no guests ever in sight and only staff shuffling around and whispering, sort of like an all-white library. It did not make you want to linger in the lobby.
One nice perk is that the staff will give you a laptop to use in your room, she told me to feel free and take it to your room, I think that meant please don't stay in the lobby, we want to shuffle around and whisper. But it was nice to have one. Another plus was the breakfast. It was delicious and a much more pleasant and energetic atmosphere when people are down there eating, far less off putting. It was also included in the room price. I'll drink to that! English breakfast tea, of course.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo

Reviewed June 8, 2009

I was looking forward to the stay in The Pure... proved to be dissapointing.
MINUS
(- )The size of the room
No room service in house...and dissappointing housekeeping as sheets were not changed throughout a 4 night stay! At EUR 190 single occupancy a hotel should do more its guests!
- + WIFI - not available in all areas
+ the good breakfast and staff

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 19, 2009

I booked this online from the U.S. and was a little nervous after reading some reviews that it might be a dodgy place to walk to from the Hauptbahnhof, but I had nothing to worry about. Follow the signs for Ausgang Nord, then it's a quick left-(past the Police station!)-right-left and you're there in 2 minutes. Felt very safe in the area. Welcome champagne/beer when you check in. I had to leave very early for a train but the staff arranged to give me a 'to go' breakfast box that was ready for me at 5am when I checked out. Clean, very modern design, you expect a Milan fashion show to break out at any moment! Great breakfast buffet (freshly squeezed orange juice and, smoked salmon spicy sausages stood out), free WiFi (ok, not great bandwidth). Thoroughly recommended, it will definitely be on top the list for my next stay in Frankfurt.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank TeflonDub
Reviewed May 19, 2009

I needed to take a quick trip to Frankfurt and since I've had good experiences with Design Hotel group properties before, I decided to stay at the Pure Hotel. Normally, I would avoid staying that close to a major train station, but for the purpose of this trip, it was ideal.

The hotel is literally 5 minutes away from the Hautbanhof station. The hotel, as previously stated, is all tricked out in white furnishings and very mod looking. No one offered me a drink when I checked in, though.

I booked a single room through Hotels.com, which had a better price at the time than the Design Hotels site. The desk clerk put me in a tiny room right off the elevator at first, but I refused that one. She then gave me a double-bedded room on the 4th floor...much better.

I have to say that the bed was fairly uncomfortable and I did not sleep well either night., hence my statement that it's ok for a short stay. It was nice that the windows could be opened, but I was on the side facing the street and it was quite noisy.

The free WiFi in the room was great and breakfast was very nice, beautifully presented and with a nice selection of items. Definitely the best part of my stay.

Like a lot of boutique hotels, this one seemed a bit understaffed (except for the breakfast area). I needed some very basic information and the front desk agent was not terribly helpful. But she was pleasant.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank Juilletdix
Reviewed May 14, 2009

I stayed 3 nights at The Pure. I booked my reservation online at designhotels.com and got a rate better than Expedia or directly from the hotel. The rate included breakfast.

I arrived at the hotel off my flight from the US at around 12 Noon. My single room on the 2nd floor was ready upon my arrival. The hotel is, as described on the website, very chic and very white. I found all this quite calming and relaxing. The room, like in most European hotels, was very small. But everything I needed was there. The bed was very comfortable and all the linens were pure white. The ceilings were high, I'd estimate about 9-10 feet high. The room looked out onto the back garden where the hotel has a lounge. The bathroom was also small, but very adequate. There was only a shower in the bathroom, which is fine because I don't like baths. The orange mood lighting was nice.

There was a minibar which you could store purchases such as drinks if you purchased them at a nearby shop. The TV is a 20" LCD with about 50 or so channels. CNN was available if that's important to you.

Breakfast is served in the lobby each morning and consists of a typical continental breakfast including, fresh breads and rolls, fresh fruit, cereal, yogurt, cured meats, cheeses, eggs, sausages, and pastries. A variety of juices, coffee and tea are available. The breakfast was excellent and fueled me for my days.

All in all, I was delighted with my stay at The Pure and would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank NYTMATTY
Reviewed April 3, 2009

Our stay in Frankfurt was a wonderful experience, our hotel conveniently located around the corner from the main train station made all the difference. The hotels proximity to the main train station was very convenient for taking the train to and from the airport. When we arrived we were given a glass of champagne and check in was extremely efficient, the hotel was high quality, the room was bright, clean and exactly what we needed after our travels.
The design of the hotel is ultra modern, light, and simple. The lobby is similar to a trendy lounge with white leather furniture, a bar, and a glassed-in fireplace… very cool. In the evenings there was a very relaxing ambiance in the bar and in keeping with the ‘white’ theme; very cute white laptops were available if you wanted to check your email! The breakfast buffet was definitely worth getting up for and even better it was included in the price.
I cannot overemphasize the friendliness of the staff, who were at all times kind and attentive. The hotel was within walking distance of many places and where your feet could not carry you the extremely efficient underground system kindly obliged.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank D1881
Reviewed January 21, 2009

We booked The Pure at the last minute after picking up the Wallpaper guide to Frankfurt. On check-in, we were given a chilled glass of Sekt and the staff were very friendly. The rooms are a good size, with very comfortable beds and good bathrooms. The breakfast buffet is excellent. The white-decorated lobby changes colour with different lighting throughout the day and there is a lovely air of calm efficiency and welcoming friendliness. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)