“What a nice place!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Brokind
“What a nice place!”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Beautiful lobby, the lobby is an art project, and nice rooms. Friendly, efficient staff that give good advice about your sightseeing. A good deliciuos breakfast. Ideal location close to the main railway station.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 4, 2012

When you walk into The Pure, there is a wall piece that says “What the *#$@ is Heimat?”My German speaking husband explained to me that “heimat” means home, but in a much deeper way, think “hearth”. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heimat)
The Pure ended up being our “heimat” for our European trip.
This hotel was originally picked due its Tripadvisor rank, proximity to the train station and the City Center (yes it’s a 15 minute walk, but if you were expecting not to walk/traverse in Europe, I suggest finding another destination).
•Dmitri was awesome in helping my husband check in earlier than my planned arrival (he was on his R&R) and my husband said he was friendly and helpful (and I saw no “attitude” for any of the staff reported by other reviewers with him or other staff)
•Minimalism at max- Quality shower provisions, deluxe bathrobes, safe, superb WI-I access for multiple machines (not the same in France). Those on complaining about TV size, especially on holiday, why are you watching that much TV?)
•Bathroom was awesome, albeit small, my husband and I were actually taking notes on fixtures to redesign our bathroom.
•AC worked for us. We also traveled during a time during a very bad heatwave through Europe and according to a guide; a lot of buildings in Frankfurt, even the financial high-rise towers do not even have AC. Completely understand if there were malfunctions as the AC system was probably overtaxed through the hotel. 40C+ (104 F) one day.
•Breakfast=awesome and we hopefully suspect they got their top quality offerings s from the Kleinmarkthalle. (I apologize if my husband ate all the bretzel bread and chocolate croissants) For Americans wanting eggs in the morning, they had that available, for those expecting a typical European breakfast, they had that and more. A very attentive breakfast staff made sure that coffee/ tea was always filled.
•Staff was very vigilant and sympathetic to us as waited for an USAA overnight package with husband’s credit card.
•Minimalism at it max- Quality shower provisions, deluxe robes, safe, superb Wi-Fi access for multiple machines (not the same in France)/. Those on holiday complaining about TV size, why are you watching that much TV?)
•A side note, there was this busy pizza joint at the end of the street we kept saying we would try after seeing so many people gathering there through various times of the day including late night.
•It was a good base due to how close to the Hauptbahnhof (train station)/ we could take a day trip to Heidelberg, even Munich (3 hrs).
Due to not having the luxury to pre-book trains for the second half of our trip, we were forced to end up in Frankfurt sooner than expected. We decided to rebook at the Pure for the last 2 nights, due to our earlier experience. Dmitri remembered us as soon as we walked in. My husband joked that if he got transferred to Germany next, I should get a job there, I'm okay with that=)

Room Tip: Rooms come with 2 twin/double beds, couples can move them together easily-or separate as needed=)
Hong Kong
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Had a good experience at this hotel...friendly staff, interesting design, and good location. Rooms are comfortable and cool, breakfast very nice...only complaint was the aircon made a screeching noise.
The staff was nice and the front desk person got us a free parking spot right outside their front door.

Room Tip: 2 minutes to train station or 20 minutes drive to the airport
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed August 26, 2012

This is a small hotel situated very close to the Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof, the cerntral train station. Its only two blocks away. We had a double room that was pretty small but clean anmd with goos beds. Free wifi that worked well, air conditioning a bit loud but worked. A safe in the room, flat screen television, ridiculously small screen, with international channels as well. Bathroom had a shower and was clean. Its said to be a design hotel dont know about that. A few items are designed but basically it seems like a refurbished new decorated old hotel. Breakfast buffet served in the lounge on ground floor was good but not as plentiful as you normally get in Germany. The have a small patio on the inner yard where one can sit during the hot season. Staff very friendly and correct. The surrounding area a bit dungy we did feel a bit unsafe when it was late at night. Its fully possible to walk to the downtown the reception can help you with a map. The price 140 Euros for a night was very good value.

1 Thank Swedish_Traveller
london
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Style over substance.... attitude issues with staff, maintenance issues, everything a little bit grubby and a little seedy if you like that kind of thing. Thin walls, I prefer not to hear my neighbours. Breakfast was a joy, the rest pretty unpleasant.

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank chipfork
Reviewed August 19, 2012

This hotel is a great value for a quick stopover in Frankfurt. The location is very close to Frankfurt's main train station which was perfect as our train arrived just after midnight and we didn't want to have to deal with a taxi or any other transportation so late after a long trip. Just a five minute walk and we were there.

For what you pay, this hotel delivers great service, a good clean room, fast reliable wifi and a really good breakfast. There were only two downsides -- one is that the air conditioning is pretty weak and did not really do much to cool down the room... it was easier to leave the window open although that got a bit noisy. The other issue is that the pillows were a bit too soft for our tastes although this is just personal preference.

Overall, I would gladly stay here again if I am in the area. It's close enough to downtown and to public transportation to make it a great base for sightseeing in the city.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Stayed in room 505, €140/ night with terrace, all seemed ok until I got up at 6am to catch my flight. No hot water! Hotel staff grubbing around in my room trying to fix to no avail. Freezing shower. No apology at all, even when I checked out, it wasnt even mentioned. When I asked it was dismissed as if I was being difficult!
I would have expected an apology of some sort, I was charged full price even though the hotel did not full fill their obligations as a one star hotel.
Purely not!

Room Tip: Ask if the room has hot water
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business