“Was great for the price”

Leonardo Hotel Frankfurt-Airport
Ranked #150 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
“Was great for the price”
Reviewed September 25, 2011

23/09/2011

Booked this place from my mobile phone, 10 O'Clock at the side of the motorway on the way to Frankfurt.

Didn't expect much, but the room was clean, the staff were very helpful. There is scaffolding on the front of the Hotel but no noise from builders or anything.

Food wasn't available at the time but the Staff rang a local Pizza place for us. She also printed out our tickets for the Motorshow.

Breakfast in the morning was also good, fresh stuff, bread, meats, bacon, eggs etc. Pretty standard for Germany.

If your driving don't bother paying for the parking, its free on the street outside and is safe enough, save yourself 13 euros.

Room Tip: Get a room on the back of the hotel away from the scaffolding.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Rowlett, Texas
Reviewed July 23, 2011

I stayed here on my last night in Germany since I had a mid morning flight the next morning. The hotel is very modern with very clean rooms and adequate accomodations. It was quite warm on that July evening, so the air conditioned room was beneficial. It is in a residential area which was good because it was quiet. The down side, I did not have a car, and a 2-3 block radius walk did not provide any restaurants. Lucky for me, I had eaten on the train but was in search of one final German bier. I finally settled for a beer at the hotel. The hotel does have free internet in the lobby, but there is a charge for use in your room. Breakfast the next morning was a feast. I could not believe all of the choices that were offered. My single room was 64 Euros, and I consider this hotel a great Value. They offer an airport shuttle for 2.50 euros and it took less than 10 minutes to get there. I would definitely stay there if you are looking for an airport hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank shackman61
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed February 20, 2011

This hotel is located in the suburbs of Frankfurt, far away from down town and the airport. 15 min. walk to public transport. No free parking in front of hotel as parking on the streets is for residents only. hotel car park 13 Euro/night.
Hotel must be built in the 70s. Ugly concrete block. The worst was the smell in the room. I was told this was a non-smoking room, but the stale smell of smoke was almost unbearable. They had no other room. If it hadn't been so late, i would have left the hotel despite having already paid for it.
Otherwise interior design of hotel is dated. bed with split mattress. Very small TV. I could not connect to free wifi in lobby. Otherwise internet is 17 Euro per day.
Breakfast was 15 Euro/day (not tested).
Staff was friendly.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Frankfurt hotels

mellieha
Reviewed February 18, 2011

The staff where all excellent, very helpful. Found the restaurant food and staff excellent as well, very welcoming. The hotel was having some work done to it so I'm sure it will look better when thats finished. My only complaint was that I had a suite on the top floor and the lift doesn't go all the way to the top, you have to climb the last floor which isn't that much but the lights are on a timer so if you don't know where the switch is its very dark! They also had a shutter to the airport at a really cheap price which was great.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed December 31, 2010

Decent budget hotel. Free internet at Lobby. Close by small shops.

Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed October 14, 2010

We had a 12 hour overnight layover for our flight at the Frankfurt Airport. So we booked a room at Leonardo Hotel a few weeks in advanced. Their website clearly states that the airport shuttle is a courtesy and as such is only available during certain times and only by making a reservation for it. Many of the hotels charge for shuttle service, so I was more than happy to find this hotel had a free shuttle and was understanding of it’s limited bases.
I emailed the hotel letting them know that we would be arriving late in the night, and would need the shuttle to the airport in the morning. Within minutes I received a reply email confirming not only our hotel reservation, but our shuttle reservation as well.
The hotel is in a quiet residential neighborhood and as such is not too close to shopping and restaurants, but I would much rather have the quiet, than the noise of a nearby shopping/dining area. When we approached the front desk to check-in, they had our paperwork already printed and waiting. It was the fastest check-in I have ever experienced. We told them our name, and it was as if they knew who we were before we even said anything. They were literally waiting for us.
They, for reasons unknown to us (but we wont complain!), upgraded our room to a two room suite with a balcony! The room was nicely furnished and decorated. There was a surprising array of toiletries offered in the bathroom: toothbrush/paste kit, sewing kit, shaving kit, beauty kit, soaps, shampoos, etc.. The soap dispensers at the sink and in the shower were difficult to figure out, in fact we never did figure out how to get the liquid soap out of them.
The bathroom was exceptionally clean (I even looked at the caulking around the toilet base and it was super white), that said, there was some disconcerting things: the carpets are woefully stained; there are holes in the walls the size of a penny which makes it look like cords were fed through the holes at one time and in the oddest of places (at eye level for example); the sheets, pillows, and blanket while appeared washed, had several hairs on them (I’m not talking one or two, but several), and unfortunately one blanket had a booger with black hair on it. I couldn’t believe it was a booger, so I asked my hubby to check it out, and sure enough, it was a booger. Ick!
The mini bar had the most reasonable prices I had ever seen, so we had a beer (much needed after a long day of air travel!). The walls were a bit thin (as is most hotels), but thankfully, our neighbors were very quiet, so it was quiet for sleeping. The air conditioner worked very well. The rooms, including the bathroom, were large, and had a wonderful closet will lots of shelves. Checkout was smooth and simple. The shuttle service was on time, and also very smooth.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank JaneAustenFan
Charleston, SC
Reviewed September 26, 2010

Like most hotels near the Frankfurt airport, the Leonardo Airport hotel is somewhat off the beaten track, and there's certainly not much to see and do in the surrounding area. However, the hotel is clean and well-maintained, the staff very helpful, and the breakfast ample and good. There's a fitness room that's more than adequate, a free (as of this writing) shuttle to the airport, and a streetcar stop a short walk away. Note, however, that this mainly residential area has few opportunities for eating out unless you have a car or don't mind walking, so if it's dinner or drinks you're after, you'll need to make some arrangements. Overall good value for the money.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo