“Good weekend stay at this hotel”

Best Western Premier IB Hotel Friedberger Warte
Ranked #60 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
USA
“Good weekend stay at this hotel”
Reviewed October 19, 2009

My two friends and I stayed at this hotel for the weekend in October, 09. We got a very good weekend rate, breakfast included.

This is primarily a business hotel. I believe they are busier on weekdays than on weekends. We arrived to the hotel at around 11:00 am on Friday morning after our transatlantic flights. Despite the official check in time according to their website is 3:00 pm, the friendly staff was able to check us in right away. We booked three single rooms, but we all got rooms with two twin beds pushed together. The room size was better than I expected. It has an in-room safe. This is one of the few hotels in Germany I have stayed at that has air conditioner in the room, even though we did not need it in October. It would be nice in the hot summer months.

The bath tube has no shower curtain. Despite of being very careful during shower, I still ended up with a very wet floor.

Breakfast was very good as others have quoted. It includes scrambled eggs, bacons, sausage links, sautéed mushrooms, baked beams, hard boiled eggs, grilled tomatoes, cold cuts, cheese, fresh fruits, yogurts, cereals, various fresh breads and croissants.

We had no problem finding a free parking spot on the weekend, but I suspect that might not be the case during weekdays when the hotel is busier.

There is no free internet. Various paid wireless internet plans are available ranging from 5 Euros an hour to 12 or 20 Euros(I forgot which) for 24 hours. The 5 Euors/hour plan only counts the time you are logged on to their system. You can log off and log back on as often as needed until the 60 minutes logged on time is up. Other plans count all the time from the first moment you are logged on to the system.

Our rooms did not have in-room mini bar even the TV stand is made for mini refrigerators. But every night when we returned to the hotel, which was always past mid-night, we asked the bar staff for a glass of ice to take to our room. We gathered together and enjoyed our night caps in one of our rooms.

Further explanation of my ratings:
Location: Average because it is a few kms from downtown. I had a rental car so there was no problem for me.
Cleanliness: I gave it excellent even though the carpet in my room had a few stains.
Room: I would have given it excellent if it had a mini refrigerator for my keep my own beverage.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank CaptnHook

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dammam, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed August 19, 2009

i stayed at this hotel 6 days with my family , we had 2 connected rooms ,the room
is good size clean except for few stains in the carpet, bath very clean and nice,
room service is ok, break fast is the best thing in our stay except for the staff
there never smile also don,t wait for sombody to guid you , you choos your table yourself

location is not far, 4km,to center take bus 30 .ther is supermarket 2mins away
intrnet cost you 12euro a day

the down side is no refigdrator...no coffee maker...no enough free parking

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank mechil
edinburgh
Reviewed August 13, 2009

ok hotel, nothing special but no lows. wireless slow as in all best western hotel.
roomservice had very beautiful ladies. Problem with our stay was that they didn't get that our company has already paid the room. we had to use our CC.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank StCurz
Broseley, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2008

We booked this on ebookers, it worked out at about £35 a night with was a bargain. When we eventually arrived, we were put in a room that stank of smoke, despite requesting a non-smoking room. The lady at the desk however, was more than happy to move us to a non-smoking room which was pleasant. A couple of negatives, firstly the smoking room we moved out of had a bath, whilst the non-smoking one didn't - I assume it is luck of the draw. Secondly, no tea/coffee facilities in the room.

The hotel is a little way out of the centre. When we arrived, we got off the U5 underground line at 'Glessener Strase', there was then a fair walk to the hotel. I advise definitely taking either the number 30 bus to Friedberger Warte from Konstablerwache (a main U-bahn, S-Bahn interchange), or bus 34 to Friedberger Warte from the stop 'Dornbusch' on the U1, U2 or U3 line. These both take you virtually to the door. Do not be deceived by the front entrance having a restaurant name above the double doors, it is the hotel main reception.

The food in the hotel is excellent, breakfast, despite being advertised as continental offered a good selection of hot options. We also had a bar meal in the 'cubes' bar adjacent to reception. The food was excellent in terms of portion, quality and value for money. We did not eat at the hotel restaurant, but the price list looked reasonable. We tried to eat at the restaurant 'Friedberger Warte' (on the roundabout opposite the hotel). Unfortunately, they were full, but it looked fantastic and very authentic!

• Liked — food and helpful staff
  • Disliked — no bath in the room, away from the centre.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank Tom083
Boston
Reviewed October 28, 2008

I really enjoyed my stay at this Hotel. It was a little far out from the center of Frankfurt but with fantastic directions from the desk staff we were able to take the highly efficient bus service into the center.
Breakfast was amazing (all cooked by students of a local culinary school) and the room was spacious and well presented.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — distance from the center
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple