“Clean & Comfortable”

Frankfurt Hostel
Albany, New York
“Clean & Comfortable”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stayed at this hostel for just one night. It is located just opposite the Frankfurt main station. Considering the fact that the area around the main station is somewhat shady, I felt very safe here.. It has great social vibe, free wifi, free breakfast, clean rooms with bedding, clean bathrooms, locker and of course a very friendly staff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Avanti5

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Location is perfect to explore the city, most of the staff were helpful.
The breakfast was nice and some nice restaurant/bars on the same street to eat out in.

A lot has been mentioned about the not so friendly locals hanging around but this is the same as any city near a train station and no one will approach you.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I found Frankfurt Hostel great!
It is exactly what a hostel should be - it had a very social vibe, beds were comfy, showers were wonderful, breakfast expected, free pasta every night (what a bonus for young travellers on a budget in the freezing winter!) and friendly staff (however the male staff were way more friendly than the female staff).
Free wifi was also a good bonus.
There was a fair bit of noise from other rooms (I stayed in a double and there was a lot of noise travelling through the corridors late at night from party-goers returning to dorms) but it is a hostel - what do you expect?
Perfect location, close to everything, easy to find.
Everything was clean and in good condition. I have nothing negative to say about this hostel.

Room Tip: Double rooms are great, giving fresh towels each day.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 9, 2012

i recently stayed here for 3 nights early december 2012, the place was cheap and the staff were very helpful and friendly.
there was a slight problem with our booking as it was not received from booking.com however we received a discounted rate due to this.
there is a complementary breakfast included in the price and whilst we were there a free dinner if required.
this hostel was in a central location with less than a minute to walk to the train station.
would not recommend however for families with young children due to the surrounding area being the red light district, yet for singles and young people this hotel is perfect.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Mechelen, Belgium
Reviewed November 11, 2012

So we stayed here for 2 nights with 2 couples and it wasn0t a really good experience. I will just sum up the good and bad.

Good:
- All you can eat breakfast
- Clean rooms
- You can't hear the noise from the bar if you go up one floor
- Location is near all the interesting places

Bad:
- Location is also near the red light district
- Breakfast is crowded
- The music in the bar is constant annoying electro stuff
- Guests return at all hours to the sleeping quarters andf are very noisy. My friend had to go to a dorm room at 4 in the morning where there was a party going on to ask them to keep it quiet
- We stayed in a room near the main entrance door for the floor, it is some kind of saftey door that closes by itself and every time someone would enter the door slammed shut on it's own. We heard and felt the door slam shut every time.

So we won't stay here again, too noisy and too crowded.

Room Tip: If you do stay here, ask for a room away from the main entrance of the floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank pabloeskimo
North Toronto
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Me and my husband stayed here for one night. We stayed in the 6 mixed doom room. The rooms were clean and the beds were compfy (what you expect for 20.00 Euro a night). I personally found the staff not so friendly and the noise from the street kept me up most of the night. The common area was packed most of the time, so it was hard to find a seat just to relax.

I wouldn't stay here again, but for 20 Euro a night you can't expect too much.

Room Tip: the hostel is in the red light district, so if your sketchy about sleeping near a place like that...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I stayed in a 10 bedroom mixed dorm.

the room was okay clean, no complaints, BUT the lock system has to be the worst I have ever seen.
I would guess around 1 percent of all guests can open their doors without having other guests explain it to them.

The other experience I had was; that in this 10 bedroom dorm were suddenly 11 people. one person more than beds were available.

So after a complaint, the receptionist would come up to the dorm and read the list of names of the people that were booked into the room.

I was not on the list.
So I told him that I know for sure that I booked until the end of the week.
He just replied "I know you did not, because I work here!"

And while I was hastily looking for the receip in my wallet, he would say "Who did allow you to check out late hmh?"

Needless to say that I could prove with my bill that I was right and not he.

I don't mind the part where 11 people were in a 10 bedroom dorm, things like that happen.
BUT I do mind how he treated me and he was not even man enough to say sorry afterwards.

• Stayed October 2012