“A very good hotel”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt
Ranked #27 of 271 Hotels in Frankfurt
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Stayed one night and a day in the hotel. And I found it very nice. The staff was helpful and it was no problem to check out later than 12 o clock. The rooms are spacious and very clean.

The breakfast was extremely good with a lot of options.

The lunch buffet was not very entertaining and overpriced.

Room Tip: Any room is a good room.
2  Thank AndersKarlskrona
There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for three nights for a conference that was held in the hotel. The hotel is in very good condition, but it seems to me that it is probably under staffed.

As an example the breakfast was really good, but even though the staff was continuously on the move to refill they where always lagging behind, so every now and then you would have to wait for whatever you where looking for (among things I had to wait for I could list tea water, orange juice, scrambled egg, mushrooms, bacon, croissants, and more). They did not have enough time to clean up tables either, so finding an available seat also took some time. It was a similar experience at the conference dinner btw).

Even though the hotel is a bit far from city center it is relatively easy to get there either by the nearby tram (2 minute walk), the slightly further away s-bahn (10 minute walk to Frankfurt West) or the always available taxis.

1  Thank Jan B
RD_Frankfurt, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear Jan,

First of all, thank you for taking the time and reviewing your stay with us.
We will take your remark regarding the staffing during breakfast seriously and will consider to increase the number of staff during busy mornings. Of course we do not want to keep our guests waiting for a free table or the refill of the buffet.
Dear Jan, thank you again for your review and I hope you will be staying with us again in the future.

DotCom Manager

Reviewed June 11, 2013

The hotel is strategically located a mere 15 minutes' drive from the airport. And the tram is only a 5-minute walk away. Its delightfully designed rooms are modern and comfortable. There is a pillow menu, which is a wonderful touch. The shower pressure is by far one of the strongest I have ever encountered. Though there were some intermittent change of temperature between hot and cold water every now and then.

Wifi signal in the room and hotel was immediate and easily accessible. On a nice day, the alfresco terrace can be a lovely place to hang out. Breakfast spread was adequate; but without any variation, extended stays become a tad predictable. The same can be said about the channel offerings on TV.

Which is why this hotel rates highly as a business stay. It checks pretty much all of the boxes one needs in a business hotel. But as it is also away from the main city area, it will not appeal to those looking to experience true Bavarian sights, sounds and taste. While there a handful of delis and restaurants about 5-10 minutes' walk away, the hotel is probably the only place for any sort of activity.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Arrived 8.30pm,but room wasn't available yet.
They asked to wait, and gave a 20€voucher for around 30€dinner in their restaurant. Restaurant service and food was excellent.
Room got ready at 10pm.
Internet wasn't working in the room since the first night, so the day after they gave me another room.
Air conditioning couldn't be turned off completely, even at zero was blowing cold, so night time got sick, and got to doctor.
They say there was nothing could be done, even the minimum aircon was too cold.
Internet wasn't working even in the other room, or working poorly.
Breakfast is excellent, even if expensive.
Overall hotel is good, as long as the rate is below 75€/night, including breakfast.

Room Tip: if you need internet connection, then the hotel is not good a choice. if a quality breakfast is a p...
1  Thank GIAMA69
RD_Frankfurt, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear GIAMA69,

First of all thank you for reviewing your stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt.
I am sorry, that you were only able to check in late in the evening. Our standard check in time is 3 pm, however during busy times, the check in time can shift. Again, I am sorry for any inconvenienced caused and I hope you enjoyed the dinner in our Restaurant Gaía.
Also related to our occupancy is the strength of the wireless internet connection. Wi-Fi is included and available for our guests in the entire hotel. I apologize that you were not able to use this service.
I will definitely forward your remarks regarding the air condition. I am so sorry, that you caught a cold here but I can assure you that this was an exception and a technical issue we will take care of.

Thank you again for being our guest.

DotCom Manager

Reviewed June 10, 2013

This hotel really stands out as you approach it. We were upgraded to a business suite which had amazing views of the city from the floor to ceiling curved windows. The room was cozy,comfortable and very spacious. Free Wifi was also very useful.
The pool in the evening is beautiful. Situated at the top of the hotel with views across the whole city it was a great way to unwind after a day on our feet.
The staff were great, they gave us a map of the city and suggested where to go for the best Christmas markets and attractions. On check out they even gave us a chocolate Santa each which was a nice personal touch.
On the downside this hotel is smack bang in the middle of no where. Its about a 20 minute journey to the city center, about 20 Euros per trip. There is no connect on the S or U-bahn, only trams which were very infrequent.
We also thought the breakfast was very pricey compared to other hotels we had stayed at in Germany so ate in the city center instead.

Room Tip: try and snag a business suite, the views are lovely
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I find it very challenging to rate this hotel. On one hand, it has an unusual design that appealed to me. It felt modern and extraordinary - the views from upper floors are splendid (definitely ask to be placed there!). Also swimming pool at the top floor has a 'wow' factor. There is a nice restaurant with a bar and terrace, bar was lively even at night which was good,

On the other hand though, I experienced few substantial drawbacks:
1) It is set a little bit aside from the center, with no connection via U-Bahn, S-Bahn (trams only).
2) Breakfast - although very rich in options, at 7.30 am these options seems to mostly run away, as plates were empty and staff could not keep up with filling them. I have to admit though that it was busy (not sure if I was unlucky or it's every day like this), but I feel that staff could have done more to facilitate (help guests find free space - and there were not that many!), be a liitle more attentive (you have to ask for coffee, tables were not cleared for a while). Overall, instead of pleasant, elegant start of the day I got a hectic and slightly nervous one (due to the crowds).
3) Service - generally I feel that hotel was slightly understaffed. I needed 4 times something from reception, and 4 times I was queuing for 5-10 mins to get things done (another "-" is that my 'quick service' option in room phone was not working, so I had to walk to reception with everything).

To sum up, I acknowledge the fact that in few cases my bad experiences could result from coincidence and simply being unlucky with timing. However this makes for the average rating of this stay. Probably if I had business in the same part of the city next time, I would give Radisson another chance (for the sake of views mostly!).

Room Tip: Definitely ask for upper floor room!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
RD_Frankfurt, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear Tomasz,

Thank you very much for taking the time and reviewing your stay with us. Great, that you enjoyed your stay and especially the views from our top floors.
We will certainly take your comment concerning our service seriously. Your feedback is of great value for us and we are steadily trying to improve our work and processes. However, I can assure you, that the restaurant is not that busy on every morning, but of course we are trying to keep up our good and appreciated service quality on busy mornings as well.
I am so sorry that the “quick service” option did not work on your telephone. I am sure there was some technical defect responsible for that. I apologize for any inconvenience caused.

We are looking forward to welcome you again at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt.

Svenja Rehbein
DotCom Manager, responsible for reputation management

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Nice staff at check in. The hotel has a great outdoor space to relax and enjoy a pint. The room was very well laid out, internet got a little slow in the evening. The breakfast was great with lots of hot and cold selections The hotel is a 10 minute taxi trip from the downtown core.