“Worth the money”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt
Ranked #21 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 26, 2013

One of these places you can book and be not disappointed - if you know other hotels of the same kind. A typical business hotel which offers special rates over the weekends. The result is a mix of travelers who might normally choose other (cheaper) hotels. Not really negative but...

Room Tip: Recommend rooms NOT facing the street, the view is better although not overwhelming.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
RD_Frankfurt, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear klear11,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt here on Trip Advisor.

I hope you enjoyed our 4 star+ services and had the chance to benefit from all our offered amenities.
You are right, during the weekends we have more and more private travelers and guests who discover Frankfurt and its surroundings. Nevertheless, I hope you found yourself well in this mix of travelers and had a good time here in Frankfurt.

Hopefully you will be choosing Radisson Blu again in the future!

Andreas Stoeckli

Write a ReviewReviews (2,050)

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Only 10 minutes walk from the ff fair. My room was perfectly clean, bathroom as well. The only minus was a small wardrobe and the hotel bar close to the lobby was not big enough for such a big hotel.
Breakfast excellent, as well as personnel kindness.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear MatteoZN,

“Perfect location for the fair” – thank you for this great description. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope you will be our guest again soon.

I am sorry that you found the wunderBAR LOUNGE too crowded to enjoy your evening there. This is of course not a standard but might occur during the busy seasons.

Thank you again for being our guests and for taking the time to review your stay with us here on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

First of all very close to airport. Only 25 euros). Very polite and professional people on reception. Rooms are not luxury but quite ok. The price 170 euro for such room is expensive. Nice fitness with 2 running roads and small sweemingpool , sauna , hamam. Also not far from center - 12 euros. Good breakfast, omlet and porridge you should order.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear VladimirSCA

Thank you so much for your 5 star review of the Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt.

We are indeed located conveniently close to the airport and due to the easy motorway access it only is a few minutes ride to our hotel.
I am happy to read that you are a fan of our breakfast. Thank you for your recommendation.

VladimirSCA, I am looking forward to have you here again as our guest.

Andreas Stoeckli,

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights
The trip was for visitinh ISH. The hotel is at a walking distance from the fair
The rooms are spacious bur in my room there was a verry small cupboard and no drawers so all shirts had to remain in the suit case
At evening there was no place to sit in the bar area because the hotel was fully bboked
Breakfast was verry good
In such cases of aglomeration places for guest to sit in the evening should be provided

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear DK5179,

Thank you very much for reviewing your stay with us here on Trip Advisor.
Apparently, our hotel just has the perfect location for your needs, which is great. Thank you for your kind words.
Unfortunately you found the provided storage space in our rooms not sufficient. I am sorry to hear that.
Besides the cupboard space there is also the board for the suitcase and some hangers at the wall. However, I understand your position here but hope you did enjoy your room anyway.
During fairs the city and our hotel are very busy and this is also shown in our outlets. I am sorry, that you did not have the chance to find a place to sit and relax during the evenings. If you’ll ever be in Frankfurt again, be our guest and enjoy the Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt when there is no fair taking place. It is definitely worth it to discover all offered amenities.
Thank you again for taking the time to review your stay! We appreciate your comments.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

This very modern looking hotel with complete glass facade is located a little away from central Frankfurt but within 10 minutes taxi ride. We had a room on the 16th floor with fabulous view of the entire Frankfurt skyline. The complete glass facade offered an unrestricted view. Excellent pool/spa relaxation facilities and room service

Reception area is congested and very small considering the number of guests the hotel handles. Service is slow and often have long queues

Room Tip: Request for a room on the upper floors which offers excellent views of Frankfurt skyline
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sreedevi_palit
RD_Frankfurt, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Dear sreedevi_palit,

Our floor to ceiling windows truly offer a "Majestic view", thank you for that lovely comment and for sharing your opinion here on Trip Advisor.

Great that you enjoyed our wellness area on the 18th floor, the views from the pool area are pretty exclusive, too.

Nevertheless, I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the check-in procedure and service at the reception. During busy times, there are certainly queues at the reception but they usually resolve pretty fast. Still, I will evaluate the situation with the respective department to make sure we steadily improve our services and procedures.

Thank you again, for your great feedback. I hope you will be staying with us again in the future.

Andreas Stöckli

Reviewed February 24, 2013

After my previous experience in some boring hotels in Frankfurt, I wish I checked in earlier than 10 pm as it was very comfortable. It's a bit further away from where I sometimes need to be in Frankfurt, but the rooms are clean, big, and a comfortable bed. Next time I try to book this one again. There is a tram nearby and otherwise to the centre of Frankfurt is about 12 euros with a taxi. The price was very reasonabe (133 through travel agency) for when I compare it to what they charge in other hotels of the same standard.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
RD_Frankfurt, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear TravCdeWurld,

Thank you so much for your kind review and for sharing your experience here on Trip Advisor.

Indeed, we are definitely not a boring hotel and truly exceptional here in Frankfurt.
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt and that you will be staying with us again.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

On approach this is a funny looking, modern hotel.
I was greeted immediately on arrival and dealt with promptly, I lady who checked me in also helped me with details on the surrounding area.
The rooms of an adequate size, big windows with nice black out curtains, good size bathroom and a comfy double bed.

The breakfast was nice, except for the over crowding, ways to many business people basically holding meetings during breakfast, therefore blocking tables for extended periods of time, making it tough to get a seat.

Room service was quick, and the food was hot and what expected.

I found the location to be poor, unless you're at the hotel for the offices nearby, there is a tram stop nearby, and this is what you need to take if you wish to get to the city.

It cost me about 25 euros in a cab from the airport.

Overall, not a bad hotel, I had a nice stay and would use it again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank GBSDO

Dear GBSD 0,

„A funny looking, modern hotel“, that is a new description of the Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt. I am glad you liked it.

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and for sharing your experiences here on Trip Advisor.

I am sorry, that you found the breakfast area to be too crowded. I understand that it is not convenient to have breakfast while the restaurant is full; nevertheless I hope you did enjoy your breakfast in the end.

Regarding our location, it is correct that our guests either need to use the public transport to get to town or go by taxi. However, a Tram ride only takes about 10 minutes.

Great that you will be staying with us again, we are looking forward to welcome you here soon.