“Overhyped, small rooms”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt
Ranked #20 of 270 Hotels in Frankfurt
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We stayed here on our honeymoon. The hotel website very much praises the round, largely glass-based design of the hotel. It looks ok, but I would not write home about it.

As a frequent Radisson guest, I normally receive a nice upgrade at their properties - mostly a business-class room or a suite. Add to this that they knew it was our honeymoon and told me at check-in that we had "one of the best rooms in this hotel", and I expected much better than we got - a very average and extremely small room without any special amenities.

When I asked for bathrobes, we were told after some 15 minutes that they ran out of them. We did get them the next morning though.

For the area where it is located, the price for parking is too high as well.

The swimming pool is very small with just 6 deck chairs around it, 2 of which were taken by an elderly couple that brought their picnic with them - not very appropriate, yet staff did nothing to remedy this (even though the regulations clearly do not allow for this.

The sauna was nice though.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
RD_Frankfurt, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Dear Koalyboy,

First of all, congratulations on your wedding!
Then I would like to thank you for taking the time and reviewing your stay with us.
I am sorry to hear, you did not appreciate the special design of our hotel, however, this is a matter of taste and there is no accounting for that! Unfortunately we did not meet your taste here.

Regarding the room upgrade, I am sorry that you were not satisfied with your room, but I can assure you, that my colleagues do their best to fit all your needs, especially if you are a frequent Radisson guest and on your honeymoon. We certainly understand that this is a special time for you; still, due to the booking situation we did not have any upgrades available. Please excuse that.

I will inform our Heaven Spa about your remarks! Clearly, the guests should not eat in the pool area! Nevertheless, the pool is rather small, but is equipped with a stream-system so you can enjoy a proper work out whilst enjoying a fantastic view over the city’s Skyline!

I hope you will chose to stay with us again, should you be in Frankfurt next time.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon!

Andreas Stoeckli

Write a ReviewReviews (1,988)

Reviewed November 30, 2012

The Radisson Blu Frankfurt is a very modern, large hotel. The rooms are comfortable and have everything you need. Particularly noticed is the kindness of the staff, especially the waiters and bartenders (The bar is really nice!!) This is not very common in Germany. Because of the height of the building there is a beautiful view of the city. Ask for higher rooms. Great is also the sauna, which I can only recommend. And of course the good food. So you do not have to go outside to have a good time.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
RD_Frankfurt, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Dear CMS00,

Thank you for your great review and for sharing your experience at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt here on Trip Advisor.

I am glad you did enjoy your stay. It is a little shame, that you find it uncommon to have a kind service here in Germany; however, it is great to know that you found it here!

I hope you will be staying with us again in the future. We are sure looking forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

this hotel got nice welcome service..well firstly when you check-in in hotel this hotel is very express so we dont need wait too long..and then when you enter the room,the beds is very comfortable and they willing us to choose which pillow you want,clean bathroom,and they got nice view when you enter the pool..i just a little disappointed with the location,because there's no shopping mall near from there.beside that everythings good!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
RD_Frankfurt, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Dear welly_tj,

Thank you for your great feedback, your comments are much appreciated and I will sure share them with my colleagues.

You are right, there is no shopping center close to our hotel; however you can reach the city center in just a few minutes by tram. I hope you will have the chance to get back here to Frankfurt to check out the amazing "Zeil" one of the most famous shopping streets in Germany.

The Radisson Blu-Team is looking forward to welcoming you back again!

Reviewed November 28, 2012

The hotel is very nice in a lot of senses. Work wise, it has wireless internet in almost every place of the hotel. You have several options to sit and work and most of the outlets have good products to enjoy. I particularly like the bar next to the reception. Its very cozy.

The rooms are small but very well design. The bathroom is very nice and I don't know why the sound from the TV is very loud there. But I love it. Yes, is very common to get 2 small beds and the duvets are usually small.

I love the breakfast. The choices are plenty and good quality. You can't complaint about that. The only thing I see about the Radisson is that they seem usually understaff and that most of the people that work every day are trainee's. But still are friendly and willing to learn.

Been there almost 10 times in a year and still very convenient for me. Close to the airport and the city. Good choice.

Room Tip: Room with view to the park have more privacy. The other side you just simply have the view of the of...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear RMartinSDXB,

Thank you for your positive review. It was a pleasure for me to read it, and I am glad you did enjoy your stay with us.

I am looking forward to have you here again soon!

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Positive:
Size & Design of the room,services,express check-in check-out,sauna ,Gym and the pool where located on the top of the hotel ( floor 18th) where you can see Frankfurt while you are in the sauna (amazing).
Negative:
location.

Room Tip: room 1317 was nice and amazing view
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
RD_Frankfurt, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear Osamakaal,

Thank you for your positive review. It is great to know that you had a good stay with us and especially enjoyed our exclusive Heaven Spa.

We are indeed not located in the city center, however our hotel is easy to access from the motorway, airport or by public transport. So I hope our location does not keep you from visiting us again. We are looking forward to welcoming you anytime.

Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

The wifi in the rooms (mine 707) was either non existent, or so slow it made working online impossible.
When mentioned to reception i got the reply "well at least its free".

Just not good enough for an otherwise excellent hotel.

For a hotel guesting mainly business travellers it needs sorting out.

I am in need of 30 rooms for 5 nights next year in Frankfurt (150 nights total!). And the wifi issue is actually making me consider the Marriott or Maritim instead.

BTW. The gym is ok - Technogym equipment.

• Stayed: November 2012
RD_Frankfurt, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2012

Hello again,

And thank you again for your comment!

I am sorry to hear that you could not use the full speed of our WIFI, however this should be an exception, as we usually have high-speed WIFI available in the whole hotel. So the slow connection was not due to your room.

As a guest you enjoy a free WIFI connection in all Radisson Blu Hotels in the world, and Radisson Blu is the first brand to offer this in all hotels as a standard. Other hotels still charge a WIFI-fee.
Nevertheless, the reply you got at the reception was not very professional and is not what we would like to deliver.

Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

(writing whilst in residence)

Rooms:
Stayed on 7th floor. Very roomy double rooms. Great bathroom w shower in bath.

Gym:
Good Technogym equipment - leg press, shldr press, chest press. Some free dbells, tmills and xtrainers. Ok for a hotel but no floor space.

Food:
Breakfast at E25 is a complete ripoff. Good choice but takes the michael at the price.

Location:
Walkable to Messe. Well served with tram and cabs. Ideal really.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank englaender

Dear englaender,

Thank you very much for your 4 star review. It is great to read that you enjoyed your stay and especially found pleasure in our rooms, spa and location.

For your next stay, you could consider to book a rate with breakfast included, which often makes a much better deal for you.

I hope you will be staying with us again soon!
Best regards from Frankfurt,