“Thee Hotel for any Frankfurt stay.”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt
Ranked #33 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
GreenLeadersSilver level
UK
“Thee Hotel for any Frankfurt stay.”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

This hotel is simply superb. From entering to leaving I have never been in a hotel which offers so much - it is simply unparalleled.

Having come here for a 3 day visit, then moving on to Berlin, we booked the business class room for myself and my two parents. We booked a business class room - and trust me - the rate increase compared to that of the normal rooms is 100% worth it for the extra's you attain.

Having checked in without any difficulty. We went to our room - the room had a Business Class plaque upon the door - which some what added to the experience. Upon entering we noticed how HUGE the room and bathroom was. It was not only huge but also spotless.

Out of the corner of my eye - and much to our surprise there was an a-joining room, which was ALSO HUGE - and had it's own bathroom and amenities also. We first of all thought the room was accidentally left open - but contacted reception and it was in fact our room. We therefore had two rooms for the price of one. The Business Class upgrade was therefore really really really worth it. It was awesome.

The bedroom(s)- Huge, spacious, clean, Nespresso Machine (which malfunctioned - but gained free coffee/tea from Room Service anytime during our stay - safe (which has a built in travel adopter) - mini-bar - and all the normal fanciful fixtures and fittings.) Also slippers and dressing gown.

The bathroom(s)- Beautiful toiletries - much to our love HEATED FLOOR/TILES - speaker to listen to TV while in shower - walk in shower and separate bath (in one bedroom).

Breakfast - the best ever. Huge range of foods - hot and cold. If your fussy there will be something there of excellent quality for you to eat. The freshest fruits ever are also available everyday.

Staff - lovely - can change from speaking German to English in an instant and are always quick and efficient.

Check out - painless.

Everything you would expect for the price - and more.

Simply superb.

Room Tip: Business Class - Definitely worth the premium - 100%.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
RD_Frankfurt, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear adam62,

It was a pleasure for me to read your review! Wow, thank you!
I also want to thank you for sharing your great experience here on Trip Advisor with all the other travellers.
Such a lovely comment is the best reward for our work! I will make sure the whole Radisson team will get the chance to read your feedback!
I hope you will be staying with us again soon!

Best regards,
Andreas Stöckli

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Great atmosphere, nice rooms, no bad surprises, breakfast excellent! Extras costly.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank travellover122
RD_Frankfurt, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Dear travellover122,

perfect is just good enough for us :) Thank you for your great feedback and for taking the time to review your stay!

It is a pleasure having you here and I hope you will be staying with us soon again.

Kinf regards,
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I can't rave about this hotel, but I can't fault them on much either. Don't expect a luxury hotel. I am American and had always been informed that Radisson in Europe is generally a much nicer brand than it is in the States. This was my first visit to a Radisson in Europe and I thought it was on par with its American cousins. The bed is more comfortable than uncomfortable (my opinion), the room is clean but very small, and the restaurant offered some very tasty options, however the breakfast buffet is overpriced at EUR 28 or 29. Not worth it. The downside to this hotel for a visitor is that it is not terribly convenient to the city. There is a tram about 3 blocks away that will zip you down toward the convention center and river. The discouraging part of the tram is that there is absolutely no instruction in language other than German, and most stations only take exact coins. Obviously this would not normally reflect on the Radisson, except that neither of two people at the front desk could tell me exactly what the tram fare would be, nor did they forewarn me to have exact change ready. I was staying at this hotel for a convention and my room was paid for by another company, so I don't know what the price was. But I would be happy to pay around EUR 90 - 125 for this hotel. Anything higher than that should have a better location.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

thank you for your feedback!
It is true, we are different to the Radissons in America, however I am glad if you like both hotels, the Americans and the European ones.
The location of our hotel is more convenient for guests who are visiting the convention and exhibition centre in Frankfurt. However, after a 10 minutes Tram ride, you reach the Frankfurt central station, from where you can reach the city centre and Main River by foot or underground easily.
I am sorry to hear, that you did not receive the full information about tickets and fares at the reception and it is indeed a shame that there are no instructions in English at the Tram station. There surely is room for improvement on our side as well.
I hope you did enjoy your stay and Frankfurt anyway and I am looking forward to welcome you here again or in any other Radisson Blu Hotel in Europe.

Best regards,
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Part of a large group on a business meeting. First morning brekkies was a bit of a shambles, but after that the hotel was flawless. Everyone got a correct bill, which is not as common as you might expect. Had a "business class" room so no complaints about size or storage.

Getting into town, is not too bad. About 15 Euros by taxi or ther is a tram stop 200 metres away.
Not bad for the airport either, being on that side of town.

Room Tip: Outside rooms on the 'edge' of the disc eem to be the best.
Wantage, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Good for business with everything being new, clean, good service, excellent breakfast.

My only issue was the checkin/checkout process which was very slow with 15 minute wait.

Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

Bad wireless, bad iron, good location for convention centre as you can walk, good restaurant

• Stayed May 2012
RD_Frankfurt, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Dear Kjmjs,

thank you for your feedback.
I am sorry to hear that you had trouble connection to our free wireless internet. Normally you can connect and use our wireless internet without problems. However, if the hotel is fully booked, problems with the internet connection might occur.
Regarding the reception with your mobile, it is true that some mobile service provider do not provide a strong signal in our hotel. Further the local building issues may limit the signal level in some locations. We are already working on finding a solution for that problem. I would like to appologize for any inconvenience.

Nevertheless, I hope you could enjoy your time here anyway and I would love to welcome you here again in the future.

Thank you again for your constructive feedback!
Warm regards,
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Awesome Hotel! Beautiful structure, near the city as well as the airport, close to everything! If in business or pleasure the Radisson Blu is the place to stay! If attending a Conference or Convention at the Messe in Frankfurt, this is a great Hotel to stay and walk to the Messe! My preferred room is the "Corner Fresh" room!! Awesome views of Frankfurt!! Extremely pleasant staff!! The outdoor area is simply a most relaxing oasis!! The RoofTop pool simply too sexy!!

Room Tip: Ask for the Fresh Room is a corner room with great views, very charming!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
RD_Frankfurt, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Dear Mr. Ferreras,

thank you very much for your positive feedback. I am glad to hear that we could convince you with our round hotel and our service delivery.
Apparently you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope you will stay with us again soon.

Warm regards,