“I would love to stay here again”

Fleming's Hotel Frankfurt-Messe
Ranked #75 of 270 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed December 18, 2013

This was the first hotel we stayed in in our trip to Europe. We actually booked through the tourism website due to the Christmas markets inclusions.
There was some initial confusion at the hotel desk (likely caused by our jetlag) but they were very efficient and helpful in getting us into a room so that we could get some much needed rest.
The room was clean and nice. The bed was very comfortable. My only complaint with this place was that there were a lot of sirens passing by overnight and the soundproofing (while very good) did not block this out completely.
The bathroom was a little odd - there is a glass wall on the side of the shower into the main room so if you are a couple that minds showering in front of each other, I would recommend asking if there are rooms that don't have this. However, it was spacious and pleasant.

The location was excellent - five minutes walk from the Hauptbahnhof (or a very short tram ride), with multiple trams running to major tourist attractions.

Great breakfast was included. They were efficient and helpful at breakfast time. Huge array of cold meats, cheeses, fruit, yoghurt, cereal, bread and multiple options for freshly cooked eggs.

I really enjoyed my stay here and would definitely book here again if I return to Frankfurt.

I did not try out the sauna or the fitness centre but these were available.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
flemingshotels, Manager at Fleming's Hotel Frankfurt-Messe, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dear Ms./Mr. Sunlightandsnow,

Thank you very much for your kind review on this page.

It is a pleasure to us to read your review and to know that
you enjoyed your stay in our Hotel!

We wish you a good start in 2014 and hope to welcome you again!

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I stayed here for two nights while in Frankfurt for work. The hotel is a very short walk from the train station and yes, while the surrounding area isn't that flash, it's a little gem of a place. The room was perfectly big enough for just me, the bed was comfy and yes, ok, there's a few stains on the carpet, but seriously unless you're spending a lot of time on the floor who really cares? Reception staff were lovely, as were the waitstaff at brekky. Breakfast was beautiful! Wonderful array of meats, cheeses, fruits, yoghurts, cereals and breads. Eggs were cooked to order with sides if you wanted. Definitely one of the loveliest, best quality brekkies I've had in Europe! In room wifi was free and very reliable. All in all a lovely little hotel, all that you want for a short trip, I'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
flemingshotels, Manager at Fleming's Hotel Frankfurt-Messe, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Dear Ms./Mr. Pip1979,

Thank you so much for your kind words and really nice description of your stay!
It was a pleasure to read that and my colleagues and me are also very pleased.

We are really looking forward to welcome you again in our Hotel.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

I picked this hotel as it was close (5-10 minutes) walk from the convention centre. Taxi ride from the airport was less than 20 minutes even in rush hour, just over €30 fare. I noticed the following day while walking to the convention centre there there were plenty of local trams and access points to the trains so in hindsight I should have done a little homework. Still, looks to be well connected for local transport.

Not being too familiar with the area I chose to eat in for my two night stay and was more than happy with the food quality, although choice was a little limited. Breakfast choice was good and covered all bases as far as Europeans are concerned. Hot plate options were egg based with only one dish having bacon included.

The street the hotel is located on is full of local Thai restaurants but I didn't venture to investigate, a few bars and a italian restaurants were nestled in along the main road walking toward the convention centre.

So, onto the room. The only complaint I'd have against it was the thickness of the curtains, they didn't stop any light from coming through. As it turned out my window was at the rear of the building which was awash with fluorescent lighting which illuminated my room. Other than that, plenty of space and clean. Hotel room numbers are projected from the ceiling above the door frame.

Room Tip: The room I used at the rear on ground floor (117) had a lot of light coming into it at night, best a...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
flemingshotels, Manager at Fleming's Hotel Frankfurt-Messe, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear Mr. Oowad,

Thank you very much for your review of your stay in our house. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay in our house and the dinner in our restaurant.

We are looking forward to welcome you again!

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I hadn't stayed in Frankfurt for about 30 years and decided to take a day sightseeing before flying back to the states. The location is ok with an area close by that is a little troublesome(I walk through it and was not bothered by anyone). I liked the hotel overall as the staff was very helpful. The rooms are modern and about the right size for a short stay. The restaurant has a wonderful breakfast assortment and I also had dinner as I had arrived late and it was also good. The servers and bartender were not only professional about their work but had great personalities and fun to talk to. There is construction of a new building going on and work started at 7AM and woke me up but you cannot fault the hotel for that. I enjoyed my stay there overall.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not adjacent to the construction site.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
flemingshotels, Manager at Fleming's Hotel Frankfurt-Messe, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Dear Ms./Mr. Afterhours23,

Thank you very much for your review of your stay in our Hotel.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay in our Hotel. It is a pleasure to read that you felt comfortable. I also shared your review with my colleagues and they also were happy to read your nice feedback.

We hope that you will come back soon to visit Frankfurt and that you will stay again in our Hotel.

We wish you a nice time until then.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I arrived after an overnight flight to a non-descript building in a sketchy area near the train station. There were half a dozen stairs up to the lobby (if you can call it that, it's incredibly small). A man was sweeping the stairs, but did not offer to help me with my bags. The reception desk was unmanned and it was a good 5 minutes before a young woman came from the adjacent kitchen to check me in. She was not friendly and did not respond well when I asked for a quiet room--but I did end up with a room which was quiet. The room was very small, even by European standards. There were stains on the carpet and the curtains and the bed was on a low platform and very hard. The bathroom set-up was fine, despite the odd shower open to the room. I had come for a few days before a trade show at the Messe and the room rate was actually reasonable for what you got. Once the fair started, it skyrocketed---from 70 euros to well over 300 euros--I understand completely that the rates rise when there is a big fair, but for what you get in this hotel, it is very overpriced. As mentioned above, there is no lobby to speak of. The bar area is right when you walk in, also small. Breakfast was included and it was fine--there was a selection of fruit, meats, cheese, yogurt and bread. And you could order eggs freshly made. The location, while within a 15 minute walk to the fair, is not good in my opinion. I would rather be a little bit farther away than have to feel unsafe and have drunks sleeping in doorways around the corner and staggering down the street. Will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
flemingshotels, Manager at Fleming's Hotel Frankfurt-Messe, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Dear Denisenyc,

Thank you very much for your review of your stay in our Hotel.

We are very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay in our house. This review is really important for us to know the reasons why you did not enjoy your stay. We assure you that we will take this criticism serious and will work on the modifiable points.

The bank district in Frankfurt is for sure not one of the nicest places in Frankfurt but our hotel is close to all banks and the fair.

It is a pity that you do not want to visit our Hotel one more time and we regret this very much!

Reviewed August 30, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Tom L
flemingshotels, Manager at Fleming's Hotel Frankfurt-Messe, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is very convenient to many things like the train station, lots of Asian restaurants, the tram, the river, the financial district and red light district. We didn't know about that last one until we accidentally drove through it. The train station neighborhood didn't seem very safe. We felt lucky and happy to park within the Fleming's private parking. Slept well there.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Benanza
flemingshotels, Manager at Fleming's Hotel Frankfurt-Messe, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear Ms./Mr. Benanza,

thank you very much for your Feedback. We appreciate your good review of our hotel.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I will forward your compliment “nice staff” to my colleagues. They will be pleased to know.

It is correct that the red light district is close to our hotel and the financial district but due to the security in this district, the district is safer than it seems at first glance.

We are delighted when we can welcome you again
in our hotel and remain until then with

kind regards,