“Great stay for a great price!”
Review of Apadana Hotel

Apadana Hotel
Ranked #251 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
New Westminster, Canada
“Great stay for a great price!”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Great for a short stay as most people commented. Courteous staff was a big plus! If you are looking for more amenities (gym, fancy lounge/bar, etc.) then this hotel is not for you. But if you are in budget and looking for an extra plus (complimentary Wi-Fi compared to other higher priced hotels who charges for internet access) I would recommend this hotel without any hesitation.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank chubbypoulet

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 24, 2013

An okay option near the train station. A slightly confusing walk to get there, so print off a map. You can stay here quite cheaply, but breakfast is not free. The small room was ensuite, but had an unusual layout. A sliding door opens part of the room into a long closet-like chamber that has a toilet, sink, and shower. The bed was okay, neither comfortable or uncomfortable. At least the room was warm. The hotel has wifi, but I was disappointed because the connection was quite unreliable. The reception staff were reasonably friendly. I give it three stars because of what you get for its low cost.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank yrussell
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed here for a single night after the long flight over from Australia. The hotel was well priced. The room was adequate but nothing special. The beds were ok but I was so tired at that point any bed would have done. We were on the second floor and there was no noise during the night.
The bathroom was reasonable.
The location was good, close to the HBF station. The area around the hotel was fine and we were able to walk up to the main square in around 20 mins.
The staff were not particularly friendly with us and we did not eat breakfast at the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed December 9, 2011

Well ,,
I believe i'm a good trip planner so I search and collect information from everywhere on the web..
I searched "www.hotels.de" to find a suitable hotel for my stay in frankfurt. I was there for tourism and my budget was limited so I looked for "sufficient" level of stay..
I limited the search on the hotels near the "Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof" I found this hotel and started to e-mail them for a reservation.. and I reserved a sinlge room for 8 nights, room no. 101

Let's categorize the review as follows :
- Location : Excellent; only 5 minutes on foot to reach the Hauptbahnhof where you can find
shops, restaurants, Cafes, Bars,...... etc
- Staff : Reception people were 3 (alternating) people.. 2 of them could speak fine English and they provided me a good support about where to go and what transportation to use. One of them called me in the morning to catch the breakfast time, Moreover he extended the breakfast time only for me I asked for more juice and he provided it for me indeed :)
- Internet : Wireless LAN is free of charge within the room by code tickets. was fast and good
- Breakfast : Was sufficient, Cheese, Meat, Bread, Milk, Juice, Tea and coffee facility
- Room : Room itself ,yes, was narrow. It was in the ground floor and I was much disturbed by the cars and people in the street. Bed back was broken. Bellows were thin, Bathroom was clean but the soap and shower gel were a few. Minibar was sufficient and of good price, However it was not of a good quality (ice and it's door was broken)

To sum up, the hotel is a sufficient and economic place to sleep and to get a breakfast near the main train station

Good luck everybody

Room Tip: Never book a room in the ground floor if you would like to sleep
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Eng-AlaaFahmy
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed October 27, 2011

I stayed there a week in October 2011 for work.
There was a big exhibition in Frankfurt and unfortunately booked my hotel a bit late. Most hotel were fully booked I needed something centrally located not far from the office or the station and the travel agency proposed this one. I accepted in a rush and yeah...wrong answer...

Price: Due to that big event I had to pay 186,5 EUR/night for a 2*Hotel, never happened before. Merely ridiculous.

Room: it's a 2 star hotel so I am not to sure what's ok or not, internet is free with an access available from reception, so twin beds a tv and a mini bar. There are sliding glass doors to seperate the bathroom but it didnt bother me, the most disturbing (not to say annoying) was that one carpet which was constantly diffusing a wet dog scent. I didnt even mind the broken bed table linked to the bed or the Mary sculpture lamp staring at me at that point. The street also is nearby and if a too loud car passes by, you will hear it.

Hotel itself is near the main station, which is very good if you need to catch a train early in the morning.
Staff is helpful and friendly

Breakfast: breakfast room and reception are one. there are cereals, fruit yoghurt (0% fat but too much sugar) boiled eggs, only the fattiest delicatessen which are loved in the area, tomatoes and cucumbers, supermarket warmed up selection of breads.

All in all, if you are used to 3* and above dont go there, or maybe a night before catching a train and everything else is booked.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank einmal75

Travelers are raving about these Frankfurt hotels

Gdansk, Poland
Reviewed March 18, 2011

I've stayed in this hotel just for one night fortunately. Hotel is located 5 minutes walk from central railway station. Easy to find it because of big light neon on the wall.

Reception in the same place where you have breakfast. Reception works 24h/d and man behind desk speaks english. If you ask you will get a code to free wireless internet.

Room at the first floor (209) was small and had windowsk on the street, but the worst thing was large glass door separeting room and bathroom. I was there in double room with my co-worker so it was quite embarrassing.

Breakfast was quite good, some sausages, eggs, meats, cheese, bread etc.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Pescara, Italy
Reviewed January 12, 2011

Of course your expectation drive your satisfaction. I am a frequent traveler and i have made late my reservation for an hotel in Frankfurt and there was an important fair. All the hotels I am used to go were sold out. I was not willing to pay a fortune for one night. In this case I use to make serch on Venere.com or similar web sites and I sort by guest rate. I found this hotel that from venere was rated 8 out of 10. For one night they were asking 168 €. The everage cost of superior hotel a use to stay was a lot higher, about 300-400 € per night. I had no time to read also trip advisor rates (3,5) however I have booked for it.
From outside the neon is not working properly, and the Hall of the hotel don't exist, it is the same place where you have breackfast. The consierge probabily speeks german, but he doesn't speak english. I was assigned to room 101. Ground floor, with the windows on the street, behind the breackfast room. The room was very small and particularly dirty especially the bathroom. The towels were very consumed. The mattress was thin and flaccid. I was unable to sleep confortably. Brackfast is very poor,and based on the level of cleanest of the bedroom i decided to get simply a yougurt.

That's it. However the position of the hotel good if you need to wake up early in the morning and get a train, but this was not my case.

I really trust tripadvisor.com, but I have to observe that the level of the rate assigned to an hotel from users debends by users expectations and travel habits.
More in general pay 168 € or 42 € per night in this hotel is a froud.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business