Hotel Adler
$114
$96
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewsthe red light districtthe main train stationcold cutsturn left and walkbad neighborhoodtriple roomshared bathroomstay there againlate at nightdecent breakfasthotel entranceeuropean hotelssmall hotelshort staycomfortable bedshauptbahnhofniddastrasse
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Clean, neat rooms in good condition. Free WiFi, something that more expensive hotels rarely provide. Nice continental breakfasts with a good choice and pretty good coffee. Couple of minutes walk from the main railway station. Frankfurt's seedy area is a block away but can be easily avoided if you have kids. Very helpful and polite staff. Overall, I'm happy to recommend this place.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stayed at Hotel Adler for three nights in August. I was after a decent hotel at a reasonable price within walking distance from the station -- and that's what I got. Very pleased with my choice.

I had a room without bathroom but these were nearby on the same floor. They were always clean and I never had to wait. The one thing I missed, however, was a basin and mirror in the room for shaving and freshening up.

As others have pointed out the area is somewhat dodgy but it didn't worry me. Setting out one morning I found a young man sitting in the gutter shooting up. I went to a nearby laundrette (there's no guest laundry) and got propositioned twice on the way back through the street of sleazy bars and strip joints. Those pimps are really in your face. Oh well -- every city has those areas.

Breakfast was included -- typical continental selection and plenty of it. Wifi was available in my room and the signal was strong and speed good.

I didn't fancy any of the nearby restaurants for meals given the nature of the area but the hauptbahnhof was a short walk away so I ate there -- reasonable selection of places and OK prices. Not fine dining of course.

I checked out early but had an early evening flight. I was able to leave my luggage in safe storage for day, which I greatly appreciated.

All in all a lovely hotel and I would stay there again -- and recommended it to family and friends.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 10, 2012

A friendly welcome and gleaming appearance really impressed us. Follow the directions given & it's easy to find. Dodgy area some way away, down towards the river, but plenty of security visible at all hours and no one interfered with us. The staff were so helpful with advice on sight seeing and travel directions. We got the impression that nothing was too much trouble. The hotel looked new and bright.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jaxand
Reviewed May 10, 2012

We arrived the hotel about 10-11 am and receptionist allowed us to check in and let us have an available room right away. It's only 5 min. walk from Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof. You walk out of the station from North Exit, cross Poststrasse, and turn right. Walk straight and cross Dusseldorfer Strasse, turn left and walk straight for only 20 m. There is small alley on the right, walk through that and you'll see hotel on your right.

Room is clean, with small TV at the corner. Bathroom and toilet is also clean. It's quite quiet at night that makes you sleep well. Breakfast is plenty with fruit juice, bread, boiled egg, ham, fruits etc.

I will definitely stay here again if I have a chance to come back to Frankfurt. It's a great value considering room rate at only 59EUR/night for Double room with en-suite!

Room Tip: Some rooms have balcony, but they were not ready when we were there at that time.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank agsman
Reviewed August 31, 2011

one of the best hotels I've ever stayed with such a good customercare.fontdesk is so flexible and ready help all the time. A good hotel & value for money. and very close to DB Bahn and many others. I would definetly go again if I happen to be there. I want to write a cooment to encourage their services as that helps many other customers to be treated by the hotel
Bandu