“Good Location”

Ranked #206 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Good Location”
Reviewed March 26, 2012

The location was good as it's near the train stations and within walking distance to many restaurants and shopping mall. The rooms are very small for the price we pay and there's no proper ventilation fans. Had to keep windows open and it's quite noisy as our room faces the main road.The pillows are terrible, I think it's overused. It's the location, otherwise it's not value for money to stay here.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ChrisHong

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Blackburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 11, 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights whilst visiting the Christmas Markets and the location is perfect, only minutes walk from the centre. All I can say is the room was spacious and clean, breakfast was good and the staff where very friendly, spoke good English and accommodated our every need. If I was being super critical it wasn't perfect for us with our 8 month old as the room had no bath (only a shower but a good one) and no kettle to make the bottles but reception where happy to lend us there kettle any time we needed it.
I have never stayed anywhere else that offers better value for the money we paid. Will certainly stay again if we go back to Frankfurt. Perfect for couples and groups.

Wilcock family from Blackburn December 2011

Room Tip: We stayed in 404 it was great
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank David W
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed November 28, 2011

At first I could not believe this was true. I stayed at many budget hotels but never was I confronted with an army of bed bugs! I woke up in the middle of the night itching and covered with bites. This is beyond acceptable in a civilized world. If bed bugs weren't enough, there was a lot noise outside from a brothel conveniently located across the street and also form inside the hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank Elena K

Travelers are raving about these Frankfurt hotels

Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed October 25, 2011

Stayed here 3 nights and were given a large room on the 5th floor. There were 2 of us staying (grandmother and myself) and there was more than enough space (even compared to the luxury hotels we stayed at during the organized portion of our tour of Germany) and it was clean. Wifi worked, breakfast was good, staff were always happy and helpful. The elevator is oddly small, but works fine. Room 502, at least, seemed very nicely renovated, soft beds, working TV, bathroom was good - my grandma commented that the shower was wonderful because she didn't have to step up and over to get in.

As mentioned in other reviews the breakfast room was next door and accessed by going outside but the fresh air was nice in the morning. Breakfast is only served until 10am so be sure not to miss it!

To agree with other reviewers, the neighbourhood is less than inviting - one block off the main area. There are adult shops nearby with groups of men lingering around, often staring and making me feel slightly uncomfortable but I still felt safe. I never am keen to walk outside alone at night anywhere in the world, but beyond staring I was never bothered by anyone. Like I said, it was just 1 block off of the main area and very accessible by bus and train and the various pedestrian streets and sites.

I would definitely stay here again, though if travelling with your grandmother, be sure to keep her eyes ahead and not peeking into the shops nearby!

Room Tip: Ask for room 502 - it was the only one I actually saw, but if I take into account the feedback I hea...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I went to Germany for a few days and was looking around the internet. The website boasts newly remodeled rooms for a cheap price - 40 euro/night. First off, if you are coming by train or air, it's all the way on the OTHER side of the city...about a 10 euro cab ride unless you can figure out the street cars or buses. The minute I stepped out of the cab I wanted to get back in. Behind the hotel is "gentlemen's clubs". After a quick check in (with REAL keys!) and a typical scary European elevator ride, I got into my room, which was small but clean. If you walk a few blocks there is museums and some nice shopping. I returned to my room to find the phone didn't work, nor the television. I went downstairs to complain and after 20 minutes was given new batteries for the remote and told there was nothing he could do about the phone. There is no air conditioning, which wouldn't be an issue, but with windows open you get lots of street noise from the strip clubs - oh and I was told I was on the "quiet side." I hated my time - Frankfurt was a big city and I didn't care to see anything else so I booked a cheap Ryan air flight home. I had another night reserved but they wouldn't let me out of the reservation - be aware - you have to cancel by 6 p.m. the night before! The breakfast is huge and nice to try.

Room Tip: No air conditioning, so inquire about the "quiet side" if you want to sleep...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank jmlucas33
United Kingdom
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Stayed here for one night in August, and yes, you get what you pay for - surly service, dodgy area, and a lot of noise outside. I didn't feel comfortable walking around by myself at night around this place so avoid if you are a lone female traveller.

On the surface, the room itself seemed basic but clean, but this did not prepare me for the aftermath - the next morning I could see my skin was reacting to a few small insect bites, and nearly a week later I am scratching myself stupid with all the big bed bug bites they have turned into - the 'breakfast, lunch and dinner' pattern they have is consistent with these critters. The night I spent here was the only night I have spent elsewhere, so I'm about 99% sure this is where they came from.

I will never spend another night here again, and I do not recommend that you stay here, even if it is cheap. It's not worth the stress of boiling all your favourite clothes and scouring your own home for any bugs you could have transferred from this place.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank sujitsu
Weymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Pros: friendly receptionist on arrival, lovely breakfasts often on our own, free wi-fi, near to city centre.

Cons: "like sleeping on playdough" according to my boyfriend, coffee machine broken in reception, view from our window of the red light area.

You do get what you pay for, and while this hotel was very basic, the distance to the city centre was a huge plus. We had no bed bugs (only read the reviews of this place after we had booked!!) and it wasn't noisy, although I think that was because it was pretty empty to be honest. The breakfast was nice, although you did have to go into another building for it (only 10m walk though). The view of the sex shops/strippers/brothels over the road was a bit of a surprise, although it was quite funny watching the men come and go.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple