“a little more than an hostel.. and they sell 2 times your room”

Willy Hotel Frankfurt
Ranked #25 of 37 Frankfurt B&B and Inns
Bergamo, Italy
“a little more than an hostel.. and they sell 2 times your room”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

exactly ! you book 2 rooms for 5 nights with booking and.. surprise.. at a certain point yuo have only 1 room because they sold the other one (even if you have to pay for it as the booking was not cancellable !)
rooms: a little more than a good hostel but with a 5 stars hotel pricing!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank il_sonz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed December 4, 2013

My family and I stayed at Hotel Willy to go to the Christmas Market. It is perhaps not the best idea for a family, but for a couple wanting to go out and enjoy the nightlife it wouldn't be bad. It is right next to the U-bahn stop for Willy Platz. There is a sign but you might not notice it at first. We checked in at night so we buzzed the door and headed to the second floor reception. Jerry got us checked in as quickly as possible and gave us a spacious room on the 5th floor. The wifi is not perfect, but it worked. We were walking distance to the Christmas Market which was really nice. We were able to go back and forth to warm up. The breakfast is in a small room on the 2nd floor near reception. It is traditional breakfast so don't expect donuts or pancakes. It is bread, cheese, meats, pickles, boiled eggs -- that kind of thing. There is also cereal and yogurt. We stayed two nights and the weeknight was fine, but the weekend night was noisier. There are casino - nightclubs downstairs and the music was loud even on the 5th floor.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank amyegm
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Yes this accommodation (not an hotel) is in the centre of Frankfurt situated between the two doors of a casino. It has a very heavy metal door that is difficult to open before getting to the lift. The reception area is basic to say the least just the desk and no chairs for sitting on in this area. I had been there 5 minutes when a Chinese guy suddenly appeared. Whatever room he had been going to give me was changed to the one opposite the reception desk when he saw me. The room I was shown to was very echoey, cold, no minibar and did not look too clean. Electrics were a bit suspect, I tried charging my iPad and within 10 minutes the plug was overheating. Do not count on breakfast being available, when I asked I was told that the cook was sick so no breakfast. I am convinced that breakfast was never going to be available. I tried to go down the stairs rather than use the lift but turned back after four flights of stairs in very poor light and a feeling that the stairs were unsafe. After 30 minutes I decided to leave and find other accommodation as I felt incredibly unsafe. The worst Travelodge in the UK is better than this!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Amy B

Travelers are raving about these Frankfurt hotels

Thessaloniki, Greece
Reviewed September 15, 2013

My advice is as simple as that. STAY AWAY! This is for sure not a hotel. I do not know where to begin with. The “hotel” is downtown in Frankfurt in the 2nd – 4th floor of a block of flats. In the 2nd floor there is the reception with a Chinese guy that does not speak English. I was given a room in the 4th floor that from outside was sealed from police. The only way to get inside my room was through the next room that was given to my colleague. Can you imagine that? The single room I booked had 4 single beds, one bathroom with empty bottle of soap in the washbasin, TV that was not programmed, TV furniture with a broken glass that was fastened with tape, old and dirty chairs and sofas and an empty refrigerator without even a bottle of water. The highlight of course was the hotel check out. After waiting for 10 minutes for someone to appear in the reception, we finally found a note instead that said “If there is nobody, please put the key on the table. Thank you very much!!!”. We waited for a little further in order for another Chinese guy to appear searching for 5 minutes the invoice book in order to gives us the invoice we asked for. At this point I would like to comment that I had the misfortune of having a business meeting in our lawyers’ office in Frankfurt in the same days with the well known auto fair. So, it was very difficult to find a hotel and when I did, I go ahead and booked it. For this “hotel” my company paid 269 EUR/night. Fortunately it was only one night! Oh, I should not forget that in case you wanted breakfast you should pay additionally 9EUR/day! I believe that after this experience I can survive at any hotel !!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business