“Good German food”

Cuisines: German
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Like an old German restaurant, this restaurant offers the traveler a chance to sit down for a full hot meal. The pumpkin soup was very good, but schnitzel was fried and not too tasty. The staff were good and spoke English fairly well for the traveler who doesn't speak German.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

I stayed at the Frankfurt airport Hilton and ate at this restaurant. I recommend trying the Wurst Simphonie....delicious. The service was good and being able to walk from the hotel to the restaurant in the spacious new terminal is amazing.

Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

I had lunch at this restaurant today, the liver dumpling soup was very tasty and the hock I had for main course was delicious, all was washed down with a good Pils and the service was superb!

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Sorry, food is cooked elsewhere in town, brought in and microwaved and just a step above airplane food, Weissbier is good, Helles taste like old Miller Light left over the next day from a kegger. I have been to Paulaner in Munich and Beijing, and even the China location is much better than the Frankfurt Airport location.

Go there if you want a Weissbier and pretzel, maybe a salad. Do not order Bavarian food, you will be greatly disappointed. And I am not being a snob here, really, the Rewe Supermarket cafeteria right below the Paulaner has much better food!

2  Thank DouglasUsa
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Entered the restaurant. Sat down in an indoor table. 10 minutes later I was still sitting there, being ignored by all the waiters. Asked one for a menu. Was told that I'm not supposed to be sitting there as the table is reserved. Not that there was any sign of it.

So went "outside", like the waitress told me - not really outside luckily as it was raining and cold, but just an indoor terrace. Here I was actually to get a waitress and even order food and beer - lovely Bavarian brews and hearty German fare (not for vegetarians - they have a few token salads in the menu but you know - Bavarian food is all about Wurst, pork and the like). The food was great and the beer excellent.

But. There's always a but. The restaurant was hosting some sort of party with around 100 members. So most of the waiters were very busy with that, leaving just one or two to deal with us peasants. In the end it took 25 minutes to get a check from the point I had finished my food and beer and was ready to go. I even left a tip, not because anyone earned it, but because getting the change would've just taken too damn long!

1  Thank BugBBQ