“Terrible, terrible hotel”

Ranked #250 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Zug
“Terrible, terrible hotel”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

It was close to the train station.
I would not recommend this to anyone. All documents and fire escape manuals were in Chinese. There were many bibles in the room and "Jesus will save us"-leaflets. Very creepy. Shower was very dirty, no bathroom supplies available. Overall, very poor.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Astrid B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Tamworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I was booked into here at the last minute and given the low price during exhbition time I wasn't expecting much. The hotel is actually next door to a clean needle clinic and right in the middle of the Red Light District.

When I pitched up to the hotel about 6.30pm there were people lying on the street outside the hotel injecting themselves and more were queuing up at the centre next door. There was a police operation/raid on a building a couple of doors down and it was quite literally in one of the worst locations I've ever seen a hotel be in.

The bed was ridiculously hard and they don't give you any shower gel etc in the bathroom. However, it was clean(ish) so I can't class it as completely terrible.

You're probably better off giving breakfast a miss.

The staff are rude to the point where it's actually quite funny. Looking back, it was actually so bad it was hilarious.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Tom H

Travelers are raving about these Frankfurt hotels

Sweden
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have just returned from a book fair in Frankfurt where I happened to book this hotel - mainly for its price and location as hotels are hideously expensive in Frankfurt during fair times. The area must be the worst in Frankfurt, no doubt, door to door with a methadone center with junkies all over the place and with very loud music during weekends as I found out. I didn't mind the hotel facilities that much - I got a big and decent room, quite clean so no complains there apart from the hardest mattress I've ever slept on. The breakfast has a (meager) selection of European and Chinese dishes - oh yes, this is a Chinese hotel, with all signs in Chinese and generally known as such by taxi drivers. Coffee was undrinkable so choosing a breakfast complement is probably not a good idea - you'll do much better at any cafe around the corner, once you've passed the junkies. Anyway, I didn't have high expectations so the disappointment wasn't huge, but I will definitely choose a different place to stay next time, mainly for the neighborhood as arriving late at night at the hotel is the experience I didn't much enjoy.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank nattash
Panajachel, Guatemala
Reviewed July 13, 2013

i had the same experience as Katrina Walton is explaining. A horrible experience as heroin is right outside. I had a business appointment that day and was suppose to prepare some papers. No WiFi in the room and no WiFi in the lobby either. I could not take off my shoes in the room as of the carpet. There is nothing done with love and there is absolutly nothing that i can recommend that hotel to anyone, just a horrible experience, don't go there!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank CasaCakchiquel
Vilseck, Germany
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This was the worst place I have ever visited. I seriously cried the one night I had to stay there.
My friend and I booked this hotel via booking.com and did a terrible mistake of not overviewing the guests comments. The pictures looked nice.They showed large rooms, nicely furnished, free Internet, public parking.....very cheap and that was exactly what we wanted. What a surprise it was when we arrived and the hotel was right inside of the red light district and in a drug area....On our 2 minute walk to the hotel we say 8 people using drugs, sleeping on the ground, throwing up, we were asked twice if we are prostitutes. I was disgusted before we even check in. The reception staff did not even greet us. The manager was also there and she was rude on the first sight. We got our keys and went up to the room which was located RIGHT ACROSS of the elevator. It was insanely small, stinky, dirty, no soap, rusty toilett, it was just a NIGHTMARE. We went down with our reservation to show the room and possibly move. At first, the man lied to me saying it is not the hotel and they do not have such pictures, however, I already saw the room from a different guest so I know they have them, they were just booked out. He was arguing with me until I asked to call the manager. The manager refused to speak with me and told the receptionist we are free to move out but we have to pay for cleaning. I got really furious about this and the receptionist just replied .... what do you expect for 45€? Who in the world talks to the customers like this?
No service what so ever....not even when I asked them to print a document for me.
Please, pay extra 4 or 5 € and stay elsewhere. This hotel is disgusting, stinky with rude management and staff. Not to mention it is a very dangerous area. Do not even consider parking there or walk alone! Most men come to this hotel with prostitutes.
Some man even asked for one hour with the both of us while we were arguing at the reception.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank KandPtraveling
Ottawa, Ont
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Price indicates the service you will be getting. Owned by Chinese people that aren't very knowledgable or friendly. I'd recommend doing online research about the area before asking the front desk.
Location of the hotel was very good. Within walking distance to alot of main tourist attractions but also close to a heroine injection site for homeless people which are all over the street.
Rooms were decent at best.
I'd spend a bit more money next time after staying here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank NBC87
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We were visiting tradeshow at the messe. Me plus three colleagues shared room 402, with four beds. Approx 70€ /person/night. Owned by the Chinese and in the borders of the red light district, it was more comfortable than expected.
The music they play during breakfast was horrible and very loud. It made the mornings really bad. Wifi was ok. Beds were hard but ok. Warm water was ok. Location is central, walking distance to both the messe and railway station. We didn't have to stay there other than to sleep so it was ok. I was offered 'services' outside on the street maybe 3-5 times during two days.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business