“Lots for little”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Apfelwein Solzer

Apfelwein Solzer
Ranked #55 of 2,455 Restaurants in Frankfurt
Cuisines: German, Central European, European
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Kronberg im Taunus, Germany
“Lots for little”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

This might not be the most beautiful of Frankfurt's typical Apfelweinkneipen, but you certainly get a lot for your money! A genuine crowd, big screens for soccer games, pretty efficient service and solid food. Try the Schweinshaxen, a BIG portion of pork knuckles, practically without fat but with great crisp skin! DO drink the Apfelwein, after the third glass it tastes great.

• Visited October 2013

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hoschton, Georgia
“Krüstchen and Apfelwein”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

2 years ago I was in this restaurant when I visited with my family in Frankfurt and I absolutely loved it. A few weeks ago I had the opportunity again. Such great food! The Krüstchen with the famous Grüne Sosse (green sauce) is just out of this world. Of course, the Apfelwein (apple wine) is a MUST to go with it. People are extremely nice and the food did take no time at all considering that the restaurant was packed (thankfully we had a reservation). Try a Mispelchen afterwards - you will not regret it!

Warminster, United Kingdom
“Exceedingly busy, but worth the squeeze”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

I visited here with colleagues on my last night in Germany, and despite the fact that the place was heaving (potentially due to the Frankfurt motor show) we managed to find a spot perched at the end of one of their long tables.

Service was good as they had plenty of staff in, and the menu was also available in English. We decided to have a jug of the Apfelwein (very reminiscent of proper Somerset cider) between us, and I had the Schlactplatter - a very meaty dish with mash and sauerkraut which was absolutely delicious - and rather filling.

Would love to come back to try a few more dishes that my German colleague recomended.

Coventry, United Kingdom
“We were guests”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

Fortunately we were guests and were able to just walk up to our table. The place got very busy.
You must try the Apelwein as the name of the place suggests. It's put me back onto cider after a lot of years not drinkling it.

• Visited August 2013
Frankfurt, Germany
“Good luck getting a table!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Yes, it is great. In my opinion, the best of "Frankfurter Essen" meaning they have lots of regional foods cooked just a bit better than the competitors. The best "Grüne Sosse" and Handkäse just a bit different and a bit better. On a weekend - full house! Make a reservation or you just might get lucky finding a place to sit. I guess the rest of Frankfurt knows about the place already.

I highly recommend the Frankfurter Krüstchenschnitzel, basically a breaded lean pork fillet with horseradish, green sauce, and an egg on top. The chocolate pudding comes highly recommended but personally I have never had room to fit dessert after the huge meal.

The prices are reasonable and the service is good.