“Exactly what we expected for a business trip”

Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt-Messe
Ranked #58 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Exactly what we expected for a business trip”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Good location for Messe with free connection buses. Clean rooms with good Wifi connection. Friendly staff and nice little bar in the hotel. Not much else around the hotel but what more do you need when on a business trip.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Dave W
FRAGT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt-Messe, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Dave

Thank you for your good rating.

We are happy that we met your expectations.

You can find some nice international restaurants in walking distance to the hotel, just ask the reception team and they will be happy to assist you with direction.

Hope to see soon again at our hotel.

Mostafa Maschkur
Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

While traveling on business in Frankfurt I stopped at this holiday inn express late one night. The staff was extremely friendly the room was very clean water pressure was great in the shower and the water was hot.

I have allergies for wheat and I was able to find plenty to eat at the breakfast that they provided free with the room.

I slept like a rock on the comfortable bed. They offered both soft and firm pillows.

Parking is extra and Internet is extra.

Good lodging and close to data center. I would certainly stay again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank E46ci
FRAGT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt-Messe, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear guest

Many thanks for giving us a great feedback.
We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and our service met your expectation.

We will be happy to accommodate you soon again at the Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt Messe.

Warm regards from sunny Frankurt

Mostafa Maschkur
Operations Manager
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Stayed 3 nights in the hotel. Can't fault the location, easy access to the city with public transport or if you have energy to do so, you can walk to the city and it took about an hour. Access to the airport is quick too via the main highway nearby. The hotel itself is quite clean, modern, staff friendly and helpful, buffet breakfast has plenty of choices. An added gem is that there is a quite secluded beach café (basically a riverbank café) near the hotel, Orange Beach where you can go and have a coffee and watch the boats passed by.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Naiza A
FRAGT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt-Messe, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Dear guest,

Many thanks for your great review! We are delighted to see that you enjoyed staying with us and liked the hotel being nice and clean and the staff being helpful. That's what we want to offer and you to enjoy.

Thank you for mentioning Orange Beach - indeed a gem, quiet easily reachable. It actually burnt down beginning of January 2014 having being set on fire by some stupid guys. However, the owner wants to have it ready by Spring again - and they already do business again in January, just without their hut.

Hope to be able to welcome you back to Holiday Inn Express!

United Kingdom
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I stayed in December 2013 with my other half, when visiting Frankfurt to explore the city and visit the Christmas markets.

Check in was quick and painless, with a friendly male on the reception processing the paperwork within a few minutes.

Our room on the top floor overlooking the main road was clean and on par with other Holiday Inn hotels I've stayed in. In other HI hotels I've stayed in, I've been able to source forgotten amenities at reception (shampoo, toothbrush and similar items) but this was not the case at Messe so make sure not to forget to bring anything with you.

One general gripe about the hotel was that specific reception staff (one dark haired and one blonde haired female) would make you wait at the desk while they worked on the computer in the office behind reception, although clearly they knew you were there waiting. This happened a few times during our stay. However the gentlemen on reception were always quick to help. Perhaps something for the management to look at.

Breakfast was basic, with cereal, meats and a VERY slow 2 slice toaster. Having stayed in a number of HI hotels, this was not up to expectation.

The hotel itself seems to be in an industrial area about a 10 min / 10 euro taxi ride from the city centre. If I went back to Frankfurt, I'd stay closer to the city centre and save a lot of money in taxis.

Overall the hotel was fine as a base, however certain areas were not up to HI standards.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EuroTravxx
FRAGT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt-Messe, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Dear guest,

Many thanks for your review! We are happy to see that enjoyed staying with us.

Thank you also for your insights during your stay, in particular on staff, which we will have a special look on.

Actually Holiday Inn Express hotels offer shower gel and shampoo in the room and other items such as toothbrush and razor free of charge at reception. Could you not find them well?

Looking forward to welcoming you again to Holiday Inn Express!

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed December 30, 2013

After a few years away from this hotel, I spent three nights during the Christmas Holidays. It has not changed much, still friendly staff, comfortable rooms, flat screen TV with many more channels than my last visit, clean bathroom, no amenities in the bathroom except soap, so be sure to bring your own. Great buffet breakfast included. Wifi is free in the lobby, but if you want it in your room you will have to pay for it, and it is LAN. Hotel is located about 15/20 minute walk from the Hauptbahnhof. Bus 37 which departs from in front of the train station will take you almost to the front door in less than 8 minutes.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank yvr1
FRAGT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt-Messe, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Dear guest,

Great to have you seen coming back to our hotel in Frankfurt!
We are delighted to see that you still enjoyed good service and a nice product - which was obviously the reason for coming back.

Indeed we have much more TV channels than in previous years with new TV sets installed in late Summer 2013.

Hope to be able to welcome you again to Frankfurt!

London
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I stayed over night in a twin room as myself and my daughter were visiting the Christmas markets.
The ladies in reception were very helpful and check in was quick and easy. They furnished us with lots of good advice about buses etc - which is why this has got an average rating rather than poor.
Our room was on the 5th floor and was labelled as IHG members - I have Platinum status, so have used the hotels quite extensively. The room was small and dirty, there were large stains on the carpet - my daughter joked that it looked as if someone had been murdered there!
The bedding whilst clean had seen better days - my daughter's duvet cover actually had three large holes in it. If we hadn't just been staying over night I would have asked to be moved - but by the time we had got back to the hotel having visited the markets it was very late and we just wanted to sleep.
On to the bathroom, so a soap dispenser with no soap - Luckily we had our own toiletries, towels that should have been white but were grey, shower and toliet were clean - thank goodness.
Breakfast was basic, but woudl have been fine had they bothered to replenish the food. We went downstairs an hour before service ended and there was empty baskets - I assume they had croissants or something of that nature in them. What was left was cereal, cheese and meats - we waited but they were never refilled and so we made do with a bread roll and coffee.
All in all I was very disappointed with this hotel and will not be returning - I understand that it is a Holiday Express and so expect it to be basic. But basic can be done well, but it wasn't at this hotel.

Room Tip: I would not recommend this hotel, I am sure you can find better
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Shireen43
Dear guest,

Many thanks for your extensive and honest feedback.
We are happy to see that you liked the front desk service.

Thank you also for your valuable feedback on the room and breakfast.
This is something we need to get back to instantly to improve our service.

Looking forward to welcoming you again to hotels of the IHG family.

Long Crendon, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Stayed at this hotel as part of a voucher deal and came to visit the Christmas Markets.

Disappointed that the hotel was so far away but there is a regular bus service and once you find your way it's easy enough. One night the guy on reception poined us to some local restuarants where he said there were a lot on the waterfront (we wanted local food). We walked for about an hour and only found a couple of restuarants, one was American food and there was Indian and Chinese, nothing local!

Breakfast was OK. It wasn't anything special but it did was it said it would, although our room was right by the lift and was very noisy and we were woken by outside noise. We had booked a double room and were given a twin but we arrived late so decided just to stay with it. The room was small but it was comfortable.

The bar wasn't very well stocked and was a shame when we wanted to come back for a drink after a long day out although the staff on the bar were friendly and generous with measures.

The staff were generally helpful, they booked us a taxi on our last day and provided maps for the area. The market was beautiful but I would definitely stay closer if I went again.

I left in a hurry on the last day and left a watch and a very precious bracelet that my daughter had bought for me in the room. I know it was there because I had left it by the sink, I called the hotel and the cleaners hadn't seen it, they had obviously stolen it. I think that is the measure of a real hotel and that has meant that I would never stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank melaniespholland
FRAGT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt-Messe, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at the hotel. I feel sorry that we had to find out in this review that you were unsatisfied with your stay, especially as you deem our cleaners to have stolen something out of your guest room after departure.

There is not much about location I can say or do, but as you stated, it's quiet easy to go downtown with the bus connecion provided just in front of the hotel.

I am pretty much concerned about the accusation that the cleaners had stolen jewellery from your room which has been left by you. Firstly, I would suggest to have gotten into personal contact with the hotel (management) to further investigate, secondly, there is always the option of contacting the police in case one deems someone to have stolen items from his or her guest rooms.

The hotel has procedures that all cleaners need to deliver all lost and found items in guest rooms to their supervisor to get this logged and stored securely for a period of 6 months. Be it an almost empty bottle of shower gel or wallet, passport or jewellery. All precious items are alerted to the front desk immediately, too, as they are the ones most likely to be chased by the guests. This procedure is controlled regularly by placing valuables in rooms which have been vacated by the guests already, to see if the cleaners deliver them to their supervisor. We have a 100% match on this. Furthermore, the maids having cleaned your room are working with us more several years. However, this should not be an excuse, rather an explanation of our procedures, although I doubt the maids jeopardise their jobs.

For security of valuables, the hotel has safety boxes available at the front desk, which can be rented free of charge during the stay. According to German law, there is no liability for valuables left in guest rooms, public spaces etc.

Please feel free to get in contact with the hotel by sending an email express.frankfurtmesse@whgeu.com for the attention of Mostafa.