Hotel Zeil
Victoria Hotel(Frankfurt)
$125
$117
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe main shopping streetroom was cleangreat locationfirst floorsingle roomstreet noises bahnkonstablerwachetrainfridgestation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 21, 2014

nice place with clean beds and friendly staff. gave maps and directions and were easy to book from hrs app and good prices. we booked from hrs about half an hour before turning up and everything was ready which was great.

yeah its not amazing upmarket hotel but its perfect if you want to travel on a budget and after all frankfurt is expensive city anyway.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We spent two nights. Location is great but that's all about this hotel: not attractive room, basic furniture but functional and clean. Breakfast was decent. Not great. Cost-effective. Free internet and free parking were great.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ron Y
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed here for three nights. Location is great, also is price, it's not expensive, but do not expect too much. If you are looking for a modest hotel this one is OK. Room was clean, heating was good while outside was cold, bed a bit uncomfortable or to soft for me but everything else was OK for that price.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Milana79
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I was staying in this hotel because of the convenient location close to the train station and shopping. I liked this hotel because of the low cost and complimentary breakfast. I stayed at this hotel 2 times before and was satisfied with everything. However this year I had completely different experience. Hotel becomes very run down. Staff is either extremely nice or very rude, depending on the shift. Cleanliness of the room does not worth the money you pay. I would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Julia A
Reviewed January 22, 2013

This hotel is at the quieter end of Zeil with lots of ethnic restaurants and cheap shops around the area. It’s not a very attractive area but it is a short walking distance from the old centre as well as the nicer side of Zeil- the side with all the good stores.
As I mentioned earlier the reason we chose hotel Ziel was because it wasn't expensive, had parking and was really close to the places we wanted to see. To be honest taking these three things into account the hotel is only good enough just for a short stay (eg.2 or 3 days). I do not advise a longer stay.
We stayed in double room (Doppelzimmer). It was just big enough for two people. Our beds were comfortable.
I didn’t see a A/C outlet (only little fan that was standing on the desk) so I assume there is no air-conditioner in this hotel. I can’t imagine hot summer nights (and even days) in this room. There was however a heating system. We could also open the window and have fresh air. Our room overlooked the street but it wasn’t noisy at all. Maybe because of the double glazed windows?
Our bathroom wasn’t very clean. We found some blood on the wall tiles around the basin and the shower cabin was very mouldy. The shower cabin was very small and it was hard to move around in it once you were inside. The sliding doors also did not open wide enough for you to get inside the cabin comfortably. I suppose one has to be of a very slim build to get inside. The fixtures inside were loose so there was a problem where to keep the soap without it all crashing down etc. We also experienced some problems with the hot water. The toilet needed some repair too as it was unstable and wobbly.
The elevator was very small and claustrophobic and not working as it should. The receptionist went up to get it down for us. My husband took the risk and went up with our luggage. I stayed away from it.
The breakfast was included in the room price. It wasn’t high quality or anything like we were used to in the other German hotels. It was nothing special and sort of bland with just the basics, but it was enough. It was served in very clean environment.
Hotel Ziel advertises free parking. But do keep it in your mind when you arrive with a car that this is a very small area where maybe no more than 6 cars could possibly park at a time. I advise to book the carpark while you are making a room reservation. The parking spots are behind the hotel building.
They offer free WiFi in Ziel which was great and in our room’s mini fridge we found free bottles of German beer and mineral water. Score!
Anyway, to summarize I must say that we didn’t expect a lot from this hotel as we never do from the low cost hotels. However if we ever decide to go to Frankfurt again we may think about some different places to stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple