“A convenient location for a layover traveler but no wifi in rooms”

NH Frankfurt Niederrad
Ranked #32 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
GreenLeadersBronze level
los angeles
“A convenient location for a layover traveler but no wifi in rooms”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed at the hotel one night towards the end of July. The hotel shuttle was very helpful but not easy to locate due to Frankfurt Airport somewhat inadequate signs. The trip from the airport took around 15 minutes. I was at the hotel around 10 pm and the only dining option was the hotel restaurant. I was glad to get something to eat but the food was below mediocre. I guess it was due to the late hour that the food tasted reheated. It was not good at all. Next time I will eat at the airport before making my way to the hotel; especially if I am there late evening. The hotel is very clean and the staff very helpful. They speak good English so that was great. My room was comfortable, clean and just perfect for one night with one major flaw... there was no wifi. I had to go downstairs to the lobby to be able to use wifi, which was a major inconvenience for me. I cannot imagine my frustration if I had to do any business work up in my room without the internet. I believe there were wires in my room to connect to the internet for a fee but no wireless.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Another one night stay at the NH. Very good pre-paid rate (as usual €50). Free WiFi in the lobby. Check-in is quick and efficient, as a return guest they have my information on file.

The style of the rooms and hotels matches mine: modern, with a Scandinavian minimalist feel. In the middle of a mixed business and industrial area, but I don't mind. It is a 15 min walk to the S-Bahn if you wish. There is a late night market next door, so you can pick up supplies.

The bed is comfortable, the location convenient, and the price more than right.

I wish this chain was in North America; I would stay there more.

Note: I am usually driving when I stay at this hotel. They charge for parking, but there is always ample free parking on the street.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Vantaa, Finland
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Burostadt means really Businessa Area, only some restaurants and open from 11 to 16. Best is walk from Hotel to Niederrad railway-station and from there to downtown. There is shuttle bus from Frankfurt Airport directly to this hotel, every 30 min, free of charge.

Room Tip: try room as high as possible
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Canada
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We stayed at this hotel in late June 2012 for one night.
I paid 21 Euros extra for a premium room and all I got is was a room facing a cemetery.
The room was small with outdated furniture.
Due to the business area were the hotel is located there were no restaurants in the area to eat.
The hotel restaurant is very expensive.
I would only recommend this hotel if you can get deal on the room price and you don't mind to pay high prices to eat.
The hotel offers a free bus shuttle to the airport.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I had to spend one night in Frankfurt and chose NH Frankfurt Niederrad because it was close to the airport, they had good reviews and were offering complementary Internet connection. Once I checked in, thought, the receptionist told me that the free Internet is available only in the lobby and if I want to have a LAN connection in my room I will have to pay. The room itself was clean, but it looked cheap and TV set was probably form the 90s.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Average hotel , but in convenient location close to the airpot and in neighborhood of business office district. Basic, but clean and efficient rooms and bathroom. Worse is lack of free internet connection in rooms. In 21st century free WiFi should be as a bottle of free mineral water in the room, but obviously that has not been understood yet by NH management. There is a free internet in lobby area so don't be surprise by seeing bunch of desperate business people crowded in small location trying to read their mails.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
alphen, netherlands
Reviewed May 18, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights on a business trip. Rooms were clean and were kept clean. Off course, pricewise this is supposed to be a mid-range hotel, so don't expect things like a modern TV. Staff was professional, efficient and courteous. Two issues in one night ruined the stay for me though:

- Internet access in the lobby is free. A lot of times this didn't work though, giving 404 errors on every web page. This particular night there was no internet available at all, and the IT guy was coming the day after. There is no wi-fi internet available in the rooms, only cable. Using the cable internet (which we got for free because of the public wi-fi issues) turned out to be nearly impossible, because it was terribly slow and still gave lots of 404 errors. If I had to pay 15 euros per day for this, I would have felt thoroughly ripped off.

- the hotel restaurant. Breakfast is actually pretty good, expensive though. But don't eat dinner here. I ordered a carpaccio and asparagus. It was the most terrible meal I've ever been served in a restaurant in my life. The carpaccio was covered in whole grans of sea salt and was inedible. I was served a new one, without any salt, and that wasn't any good either. The asparagus didn't look or taste fresh in any way. For these prices, that's just unacceptable.

So in short: don't trust the internet connection at this hotel to get any work done, and don't eat dinner at the restaurant. Go to the pizza place nearby or the indian place between the little gardens.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business