“Perfect Italian in Germany”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Trattoria Promis

Trattoria Promis
Ranked #308 of 2,455 Restaurants in Frankfurt
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Istanbul, Turkey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect Italian in Germany”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

We had a tasting experiance in this family running trattoria. As I'm a vegeterian, they formed a new menu for me. Both the meal and the wine were really delicious.

• Visited January 2014

Trinidad and Tobago
“Pretty good cucina a la Mama... Wine a bit expensive, but authentic cooking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

We ended up paying a good 100 Euro for two bottles of wine of nothing overly Special, and 40 Euro per Head for Food.
Food was good, and when you go there, ist not only Food, but the warmth of the owner and the care by the Team and the smallish size that ind of beams you right into a true italian place.

Authentic.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank FOL-1003
Bonn, Germany
“Fine Italian food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

I went to this restaurant for the first time 2 weeks ago and I will come back soon. Small choice but everything I took was tasty. Wines are a dream. Staff very friendly. I did not wait long.
Only negetive thing are prices. A little high but quality costs:)
A nice discovery in Frankfurt!

• Visited February 2014
Frankfurt, Germany
“Molto rumore per nulla”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

For having the reputation of being one of the best Italian Restaurant in town the disappointment was great when I finally ate there months ago.
An excellent selection of wines, also a small but fine selection of dishes offered.
Unfortunately the Truffle pasta I chose to eat was disappointing. Pasta was properly cooked and of good quality. Unfortunately the truffles used were way too - let's say "aged". Their aroma was basically gone. I don't eat truffles too often, so you can imagine how I felt after having heard from the Cameriere how great it was supposed to be.
Yes, waiters is a full chapter about Promis: they tend to push too much in proposing expensive dishes. I have no problem at all in spending for good food. But I dont like to get the feeling I am not a guest at the table, rather a customer to be squeezed... why then?

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank marcob1970
Chicago, Illinois
“A wonderful little place with the feel of family and fabulous food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

This is a tiny little restaurant with very professional service and a terrific kitchen. I ordered a veal dish (they had one with sage which was also excellent) but I think mine was with lemon butter. I've never tasted a more tender and delicious veal filet. It melted in my mouth. With it was the sublime sauteed spinach, not drowning in garlic like so many places, but just irresistible, and potatoes. I ate every drop on my plate, it was all so delicious. I highly recommend this lovely little place. A real find.

Visited January 2013