“I have stayed here three or four times.”
Review of Hotel Tabitha Elbe

Hotel Tabitha Elbe
Ranked #252 of 270 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I have stayed here three or four times and have found it adequate for my purposes. First of all, I am a mid-50s male. I spend a month or so each year exploring on a Eurail Pass. I am beyond hostels, but not above a one star.

This hotel is on laufhaus row. There is a strip bar with an aggressive tout down on the corner. You might have to step over a junky who is passed out on the sidewalk. So this isn't a place for the faint of heart. And definitely not for families.

But it is run by a Korean Family that is very helpful. They do take your key each time you leave the room, to be sure that the street people do not invade.

I hope that you can tell from my pictures that the rooms are very simple. Just enough room for a small single bed and a small desk. You aren't in the USA anymore. But if you don't want to spend a lot of money on sleeping, this is very inexpensive.

Hotel Tabitha is a very short walk from the train station, so it is easy for an overnight between other excursions (like a trip up the Rhine) or the night before you fly home from Frankfurt.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Kerwin G

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Cup half full is the best approach to take, so positives first. The room was clean and the staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast was also pretty good, but no English tea. The shower was also better than in some high-end hotels. That's where the positives stop. The room smelled of smoke, which as a non-smoker was pretty repellent, the furniture was covered in cigarette burns and the curtains had certainly seen better days. The windows were not sound proofed, so it was as though they were were wide open to the colourful dawn-dusk goings on of the street outside. What topped off my stay was having the room over the bar downstairs that doubles up as a breakfast room: loud music began at about 7pm and continued without stopping until 5 o'clock the next morning. I could hear every word of every song.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room at the back, and be prepared for very basic accommodation.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Reviews for the fair Tabitha are somewhat mixed and as such I thought I might chip in my 2 cents.

The Tabitha is what you would expect from a 2 star European pension. It is super basic but at the same time clean, secure, and staffed by a lovely bunch of people. It does what is says on the tin and as such is great in and of itself.

The principle issue with the Tabitha is its location, however. Situated mere centimetres from Ground Zero of Frankfurt's Red Light district (with its attendant cast of pimps, pushers, prostitutes and junkies) one might not feel as secure as in other, less central parts of Frankfurt. For my part I never felt threatened by the denizens of that frequented the area but then again any fool can see I'm British, and as such not to be trifled with.

Long story short: It's a perfectly adequate hotel which is rather too central for some tastes.

Room Tip: Request a room at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank staggerforth
Reviewed March 18, 2012

If your visit to Frankfurt is supposed to be rather boring, then don't stay here. However, if you wish to observe life in its colours, then this could be your stop-over. On arrival the friendly reception was very helpful in every way and generously offered to store an incredible amount of luggage (we needed it for a stall at the Frankfurt Fair) in their cellar that is usually used for in-house storage. Another lovely experience we had after shopping at a nearby corner store for snacks and some freshly brewed coffee: Having almost reached the hotel again (about 200 metres away from the store) we saw the manager of the corner store run towards us with the suggestion that we might want to go back to his store to enjoy our forgotten but paid-for coffee. The morale of this report is that red light districts and its nearby hotels can show us how wrong we are when stereotype beliefs victimise our opinions.

Stayed: March 2012
5  Thank DLasa
Reviewed March 4, 2012

I was here quite some time ago (2003), but at that time this place was horrible. My husband and I stayed there together. While looking through all the cabinets and drawers, we found drug paraphernalia (needles with blood in them, a bent spoon, white powder). There were burn marks ALL OVER the room, especially in the bathroom. The TV and phone didn't work. The bed was gross so it was hard to sleep, not to mention all the drug users shouting outside the window all night (and we were not on the ground floor). I had to shower with my sandals on because the shower was so filthy and I was worried about catching something. When we waited for our cab the next morning, we stayed indoors so we wouldn't have to be uncomfortable around all the drug users outside. Super dirty, creepy, unhealthy, unsafe, uncomfortable place. While things may have changed somewhat since my stay, it's still in the same location, which was bad. I would never stay here again, and I'm not picky (I'm a big fan of Motel 6).

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank karinator82
Reviewed April 10, 2011

I was looking a low budget hotel. simple and clean. the photos were ok but the reality not... the hotel is located in a red light area, very noisy and quite dangerous. not to recommend to. 5 mins from the station.
generally the hotel is not so clean, renovated looong time ago. the room filled with the old furniture, old sheets, bathroom terrible.. I did not feel comfortable. bad smell (probably the person before was smoking in the room - which is normally no smoking). the price is too high for the quality. For this price rooms should be clean, renovated with clean walls and bathrooms simple and modern.
breakfast - in the bar which is is open at night (red light area...), old and not clean. you get european type breakfast (musli, bread, ham, cheese, youghurt, coffee, tea).
stuff friendly.

Room Tip: rooms giving on the street vey noisy,
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank mode7
Reviewed August 31, 2006

great little spot in frankfurt if you want to be away from the centre and enjoy some of the sights associated with a red light district...prostitutes drug addicts and drunks along with cheap reataurants and continuous free entertainment...all harmless fun...i loved it........
nice clean friendly hotel for anyone who is on a budget...

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled solo