“You get what you paid for, nice and quiet rooms, but watch out which streets you take when walking in the area”

Comfort Hotel Frankfurt City Center
Ranked #219 of 268 Hotels in Frankfurt
Europe
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

I traveled with my friend and our aim was to find a central located hotel with good price/quality ratio. Comfort hotel seemed to be a perfect choice and initially, yes, it filled the requirements. However, the room, which was clean and had a nice bathroom with window, was extremely small. Basically there was the bed and that's pretty much about it. Luckily, the bathroom was more spacious and somewhat nicer than the room.

The service at the front desk was kind of odd, I guess you can call it service that you get your room key. I must admit that the person serving was friendly. We did not had a breakfast there, so no information related to that. There is Rossman or DM, typical German store right next to it and also a bakery, so I advise to get your morning start from these sources.

Short distance to both Central Station and Zeil are a big plus. So no need to drag miles your luggage if you tkae the convenient train from airport. But the neighbourhood here is shady, you would not imagine it to be redligh district / drug user hangaround, but it really is, despite of fancy sky scrapers...
So stay on the main streets and watch where you turn to on the corners. However, nothing even slightest thereating happened to us, so I think it is not that bad and just an idea of being in the district kind of bothers, but overall Frankfurt is very very safe place.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank FleurtheGirl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Tokyo, Japan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

- It's located one block away from the red light district. Although it's less than a 5 minute walk from the main station in Frankfurt, I strongly advise you not to walk around in the area at night, especially if you're a woman. It didn't feel like a safe place to me although nothing bad happened to me
- Breakfast at the Chinese restaurant was pretty bad. It's like they just bought the cheapest ham and cheese at the supermarket. It's eatable but you are not missing anything even if you skip it

- There isn't really customer service, so don't expect that they will bring everything you ask for

- Room was probably the best aspect of my stay at this hotel. It was an ok sized room and clean. For the price I paid, I can't complain

Room Tip: Left side of the hall way (when you get off the elevator)
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Maisreviews

Travelers are raving about these Frankfurt hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

Was not very clean.
We asked when making our reservation for a room to sleep 2adults and 2children and when we arrived we got one room with one double bed, we questioned this only to be told thats all thats available,we were tired after a ling flight so asked for extra towls, blankets snd pillows which they could not supply for us. You would think a hotel no matter how many stars would have a good supply of these things.
I would not stay at the comfort hotel again and i know my family feels the same way.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Candy1412
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

The hotel is very centrally located-a 5 minute walk from Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof. Despite some parts of the neighborhood, the hotel is quite quiet. The rooms are clean and quite well put together for a comfort hotel.

A special thanks to Alfonso for going above and beyond the call of duty to make sure I got the room I needed. He gets what hospitality is all about.

Except for the check out on July 21 around 8:30am, wherein the female receptionist offered no thank you, no goodbye for stating 13 nights, everything was fine. I guess not everyone can understand common courtesies in the hotel environment.

• Stayed July 2012
Tauranga, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

For the very reasonable price we paid for this centrally located hotel I wasn't expecting it to be so nice but was really pleasantly suprised by the light airy room we had on the 4th floor looking our over the streets. (really nice photos from window) The bed was super comfy although it was a little odd that we had a double bed with two seperate single duvets. Big enough area in the room itself and even more in the spacious bathroom. Great breakfast in the morning and was open for 30mins longer than other places we visited. Would go back happily.

Room Tip: Try and get street view it is lovely
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank L and S M
Silverhill, Alabama, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

If you are a picky person that points out every crack, creak, stain, etc. then this hotel is not for you. We had a room with a "balcony" (small ledge) and the floor by the door was stained and I think missing a board. There were other things that I noted in my head (but forget what they were) that I knew some of the pickiest travelers would not like. I would not accept this in a 4-5 star place but I knew what I paid for.

The other reviewers are correct to point out the proximity to the Red Light District. It mostly consist of shops and bars that did not leak out into the road during daylight, we did not have any issues or concerns for our safety (2 women) during the day and did not venture out at night. We went to bed early due to extreme jet lag and I was woken one time in the night due to loud noises from that area. I got up to investigate but my exhaustion would not let my eyes focus and I quickly went back to sleep. This was a Sunday night and if you are a light sleeper may cause a problem.

The biggest issue we had was the parking situation. I drove around and around for 1/2 hour looking for some place to park. The pay lots were closed and finally I just parked on the street down the road and prayed we were parking legally.

For some reason we had to pay for breakfast. The eggs were runny and I was worried that was how the Germans served them but was relieved later in the trip.

On the plus side is the location to the train station and the river was a short walk away.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Gothenburg, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

Was staying at this hotel for 4 days with my friend and both she and I are very satisfied with their service. Personals are very friendly and cheap value of their hotels. Close to everything no need to pay for transportation because everything is on your nearby already!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends