Review Highlights
Skyline Deluxe

Now we’re talking skyline view big time! 22 stores up and a mind blowing view almost 360 degrees... read more

Reviewed October 23, 2022
mixconsulting
Taby, Sweden
via mobile
beside view not much to praise this time

I already was in this bar in October 2019 and now visited the bar again after my positive... read more

Reviewed January 5, 2020
Sightsee15353960822

Recommended experiences in and around Frankfurt
from $21.01
from $120.52
from $24.32
from $19.90
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 18, 2016

A nice way to spend a late evening with a good cocktail, nice service and an amazing view! Deffenently worth a visit!

Date of experience: May 2016
Reviewed April 17, 2016

Of course, being on top of a sky scraper, the view from this bar is incredible. However, there was only one waiter serving drinks and the place was very busy. We therefore had to wait 10 minutes to get a menu then another 20 minutes waiting on drinks, most of which being coffees (hardly takes a long time to make). We were then surprised to see the extortionate prices of the drinks- cocktails starting from €13 and a coffee €5.50. However apart from this, our trip here was pleasant, but there is definitely room for improvement.

Date of experience: April 2016
Reviewed April 1, 2016

If you are making some rounds in Frankfurt, this is a nice place to visit. Small lounge with a pretty decent view, a good selection of spirits and wine - and the night we went a pretty charming piano player. Service is a little slow, but still worth it. Ideal of you are on a romantic night out.

Reviewed March 29, 2016 via mobile

Very disappointed, on a bank holiday monday at 10:30pm. When it was quiet everywhere in the city. We decided to go to the 22nd lounge bar.
The security guys at the bottom of the building, spoke to us in german when we came through the entrance. Their faces of upset when we couldn't reply in German. Then the smiles on their faces when they said, "sorry you cant go up its too busy"..... Unbelievable. We went to flemings rooftop bar instead. Funnily enough just like everywhere else in the city it was very, very quiet!

Reviewed March 25, 2016

So, for anyone going to any city lucky enough to have a skyline, one of the most essential things we all think is 'Hey, where can I get a drink and check out the views?'. I approached it knowing that it is supposed to be quite a small place so my expectations were managed by that fact. But regardless of that, I was and always judge when going to these types of bars by questions such as: Are they happy to have tourists coming in for just a drink or two to see the views? Is there a lot of space up there? Are the views 360? Is there adequate places to take photos and do I feel comfortable doing so?

The bar felt very much like the hotel bar it is as opposed to a stand-alone attraction for tourists, this at first made me feel a little bit uncomfortable when trying to enter the hotel. That and also the 30+ minute wait on a Thursday evening for a seat. Though, when I did get into the bar the amount of free seats would have made me believe we could have been let up a lot earlier. The main reason for me feeling uncomfortable was that the receptionist was a man who seemed fed up with the fact that many people would come in and ask to go to the bar to which he seemingly has to reject people far too frequently. I don't mind being made to wait but when it feels like you are a problem or getting in his way - that's not good.

Once in the bar it was really, really nice. There was a huge drinks list and some great cocktails and choices. The service wasn't the quickest but it was very good and efficient when they did see to you. Great Old Fashioned and some nice beers too. As for the view, there isn't the most space to go and have a look out from but everybody is happy for you to go to the window and take a look - it's a really nice atmosphere in the bar and very comfortable. It isn't a 360 view which would be perfect but not every bar has this capacity, if it did or could make the bar area bigger i'm sure they would make a killing. Overall we stayed for a few drinks, had some good service, enjoyed the views at night down the Main and looking at the other high-rises and left happy.

Like the title says, if you know you are entering a small bar and that it isn't a 360 view you'll have a great time. Just don't be disappointed if you have to wait a little or can't see the whole city from up there - you can certainly see enough and other than Main Tower this is the best view of its kind in the city.