“Just perfect”

DORMERO Hotel Frankfurt
Ranked #69 of 270 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

Near the messe, clean and new with friendly staff. The right price/offer balance.

Not being a very big hotel , plays very nice and makes it feel warmer.

With free wifi, mini bar refill and free movie and sky sport channels really gets it to the top of my prefered hotels in terms of rooms.

Really pleases with my choice!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank nmiguelrf

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Very close to the Messe, well parts of it anyway, not as large as other hotels in the area and still very new. I expect this hotel will fill up quickly when the Messe is busy. As others have said, incredibly well equipped rooms with TWO flat screen TV's, an ipod/iphone dock, free internet, free Wifi and free movies. Admittedly the left hand screen - the computer one - in my room didn't work, but with the top quality Wifi and my laptop and smartphones all able to connect I wasn't really bothered by that, besides I don't think I would have coped well with the German language keyboard. If it had been an issue I am sure that the friendly and efficient staff would have found me another room very quickly as they did for my colleague who had a minor issue with a poor window seal letting in noise. The TV worked fine with a good picture on every one of the many channels.

The bar is very well stocked, but might close early if things are a bit quiet. The 'emergency' complementary beer from the 'free mini bar' came in very handy! The breakfast buffet is extensive enough (posted price at around €18 per head but possibly cheaper when bought up front with your booking) which is just as well because I have no idea where else you would find any breakfast nearby! It is about a 15min walk to get into town. A taxi to the airport cost us €30.60 on a Monday morning at about 09:30hrs, the traffic wasn't heavy.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the hotel are quieter as the hotel is in a cul de sac and away from the railwa...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 2, 2012

This is an ultra modern hotel with spacius and bright rooms. It is most well equiped with all that you might need. Free wifi (exeptional signal, streaming capability, skype no problem) free mini bar gym and sauna. Very very good breakfast boufet. Located right next to the exibishion center of the city and 3 minutes from the s bahn (metro) station making it ideal for the bussines traveler such as myself. Overall I left with the best impressions, I will defenately use it again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We wanted to see Frankfurt after spending a couple of weeks traveling through Germany and we needed a place to stay before we returned home that was near the airport. Remember when looking at some of these sites that the distance given to say an airport is "As the crow flies". We thought this hotel was closer to the airport than it was. It took us about 15 or 20 mins to get to FRA from there. We checked in early on Saturday and I think we cought them off gaurd. They did their best to accomodate us although we had to move three times before they got it right. Dmitri was very professional in correcting the issues that arose. We were happy with the room once we were settled in. This was not an easy place to find. To be fair we were very unfamiliar with the area. It's on a new very small one way street and there is a lot of construction around, also we were counting on a GPS to get us there. We walked to the S-bahn very easily from there so you can get around pretty well. An all day pass for up to 5 people was 9 Euros. It is a very modern hotel, seemed pretty clean except for the first room they gave us and as I said they moved quickly to take care of any issues. The breakfast was good and was 12 Euros per person. There was a good selection of items from what I could tell the typical German fair and pretty much what any American would want. From what I've read Frankfurt is the 10th most expensive city in the world. It's worth the cost though. It seems, there was a lot going on there to keep you busy. Many people speak English very well there also if that's an issue. It's located right next to the S-bahn tracks but I thought the rooms were well insulated from the train noise, it didn't bother me. Also there is a small parking lot there but it is not included in the room rate. I noticed that some were parking in the loading zone over night to eliminate the charge.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the fact that there was a large screen TV with a large screened media center right next t...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2012

This hotel, like many in Europe has small rooms with 2 single beds which are always a challenge when you are used to North American size hotels but everything else is great.

Breakfast is well worth the 15euro, congress center is 5 minutes walking distance and you can enjoy the bar for a drink at night when you get back from the Messe.

I would stay there again even if price is a little high at least there's no need to flag a Taxi twice a day.

Room Tip: Get to breakfast before 8 am. The place gets crowded after 8 am.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Overview: Stylish sleek new hotel situated in the heart of Frankfurt a short taxi from the old town.

Location: This hotel is in a perfect location to walk to the Messe Frankfurt (Hall 4 closest).
Rooms: Beautiful rooms, very high quality furnishings, big floor length windows, free mini bar and movies, lovely rain water shower. Perfect place to stay if you need a little r&r after a long day.
Service: Reception desk very helpful except when you need an iron (I asked 3 times and never received one) The bar staff were very polished and professional as well as friendly. The breakfast staff were great too.
Food: I only ate here for breakfast, and it was lovely. Good choice of continental meats cheeses, bread/toast, croissants as well as bacon and eggs.

Great stay and great service.

Room Tip: Floor six has great views and is near to the fitness centre.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Holland_Loves_Travel
A TripAdvisor Member
Limassol, Cyprus
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Everything was fantastic . The hotel was clean ,nice room , good price and very good stuff very friendly . Free Internet , free mini bar . Everything was nice and my son didn't wont to go we come home and he want to go back to the room

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with trip.ru