“Convenient, but food tasteless”
Review of Zeil Kitchen

Zeil Kitchen
Ranked #398 of 2,473 Restaurants in Frankfurt
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Innenstadt
Barcelona, Spain
“Convenient, but food tasteless”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

This is one of several restaurants along the Zeil shopping strip, that are intended for light meals or snacks while shopping.

Food is reasonably-priced by European standards, but they make up with the drinks. The food itself (I had a noodle soup with duck, and the portion was large), while substantial, was pretty bland, especially considering the restaurant's name and presumed culinary aspirations. My soup and a Coke came to less than 12 euro.

Some effort went into the interior decor, with a slightly exotic ambience to match the food. The seats were comfortable enough for a quick meal, but clearly had been chosen to discourage lengthy stays.

Keeping in mind the price and the nature of the location, I think this is a good choice if you are in the area.

• Visited November 2013

• Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kuwait City, Kuwait
“Good Hot Chocolate”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I had a break during my shopping in Zeil. I ordered Hot Chocolate & Chocolate cake. The Hot chocolate was good but the cake I didn't like it!

• Visited October 2013
Frankfurt, Germany
“Nice food but rude and lazy staff: Expect to wait”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I couldn't fault the food but the staff here really need a good course in customer service and basic manners. If you go there expect to wait for ages before some one comes to serve you and also to get the bill. I waited and waited to get my bill and eventually went and asked the waiter for it. He directed me inside to the till. I asked a woman behind the counter and she was very rude and asked where I was sitting etc. Then the waiter who had served us came along and he said that he never told me to go inside. They just have a really lazy, rude and bad attitude. I would normally leave a tip but this time on account of their behaviour and extermely poor service I didn't. When I eventually got to pay the rude waiter just stood there and waited for his tip and when it didn't come, didn't so much as say thank you or any indeed make any acknowledgement when we left. Unbelievably rude.

• Visited August 2013
Ottawa, Canada
“Convenient break during shopping”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

This restaurant is in the middle of a wide pedestrian mall. We stopped in for some cake and tea to break up our afternoon shopping. The decor was quite nice and there was a good view of the surrounding area. We enjoyed our cake and tea but thought the service was somewhat slow.

• Visited April 2013
Detroit, Michigan
“try it”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I thought it was decent food for a reasonable price. Food is basically Thai/oriental. I guess I might just have tried another decent Thai rest. that is close by - but you won't go wrong with this one - nice atmosphere

• Visited January 2013