KD Day Cruises - CLOSED
Review Highlights
Magnificent view of castle ruins

I took the KD Day cruise as a solo traveler right after my 10 hour flight. I was extremely tired... read more

Reviewed November 23, 2017
CanadaBunny
Canada
Rescue from Rain

It was bucketing down we ran towards boat ticket office and got ticket 4 mins before departure well... read more

Reviewed August 11, 2017
Chailey L
Watford, United Kingdom

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 13, 2016

Its a good value for money. The trip takes you around the Am Main river and a chance to see the Frankfurt skyline with its amzing towers. The trip lasts about an hour with a good commentary in english.

Date of experience: August 2016
4  Thank Jo A
Reviewed September 13, 2016 via mobile

A friend told me about a boat from Mainz that went north, downstream on the Rhine River. I found the name Koln Dusseldorf ( KD ) but first time we arrived we had missed the boat. Found a schedule and came back the next day. Great discount if you have Eurail pass. It was Beautiful! We brought wine and cheese and sat on the sun drenched deck. It's like a neighborhood of castles, one after another after another. We got off in Boppard to try some local wine and grabbed another boat to Koblenz a couple of hours later. I'm headed back to Germany with my gold and going to take them. Hope the weather is as nice!

Date of experience: May 2016
3  Thank Lynda V
Reviewed September 6, 2016 via mobile

One hour cruise.

Not too much to see, but it was an amazing hour spend on board, having an Ice Coffee Frappe (reasonable prices, only cash, no card machine) and listening the audio guide (German and English only).

Price: 9.20€/ adult, 6€ children

Hours of cruise: 10.30, 12.00, 13.30, 15.00, 16.30, 18:00

What you will see: Romer, Dom, EZB/Grossmarkthalle, Osthafen Frankfurt, Main Plaza, Stadel Museum, Skyline, Westhafen Tower.

All panorama cruises will operate for 10 or more paying guests.

They offer as well Theme Cruises. For more information enter on their website.

I will not do it again, as you have seen everything if you have done it once. More than enough.

Date of experience: August 2016
3  Thank Maria V
Reviewed July 31, 2016

A short walk from our hotel to catch the 10.10 KD ferry to Ruedesheim. Return ticket 25 euro and 30% reduction for over 60s. 3 hour scenic trip against the current allowed plenty of time to roam through one of the Rhein's most scenic villages.
I can recommend the Seilbahn for a trip to the Niederwald monument, from where you get a fantastic panoramic view of the river. The famous Drosselgasse is well worth a visit for some refreshment, while waiting on your return ferry at 4.15. This is normally the 100 year old paddle steamer Goethe, which arrived back in St Goarshausen two hours later.
All in all, I can thoroughly recommend the trip.

Date of experience: July 2016
4  Thank James101045
Reviewed July 8, 2016

I choose this company as I had travelled with them before in other cities, and their boat was half the size of a competitors. In any event my boat only had about a dozen people on it, and the other boat was rammed full. Just sat back with a glass of beer and let all the world just pass by.

Date of experience: July 2016