KD Day Cruises - CLOSED
Review Highlights
Magnificent view of castle ruins

I took the KD Day cruise as a solo traveler right after my 10 hour flight. I was extremely tired... read more

Reviewed November 23, 2017
CanadaBunny
Canada
Rescue from Rain

It was bucketing down we ran towards boat ticket office and got ticket 4 mins before departure well... read more

Reviewed August 11, 2017
Chailey L
Watford, United Kingdom

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 31, 2016

A short walk from our hotel to catch the 10.10 KD ferry to Ruedesheim. Return ticket 25 euro and 30% reduction for over 60s. 3 hour scenic trip against the current allowed plenty of time to roam through one of the Rhein's most scenic villages.
I can recommend the Seilbahn for a trip to the Niederwald monument, from where you get a fantastic panoramic view of the river. The famous Drosselgasse is well worth a visit for some refreshment, while waiting on your return ferry at 4.15. This is normally the 100 year old paddle steamer Goethe, which arrived back in St Goarshausen two hours later.
All in all, I can thoroughly recommend the trip.

Date of experience: July 2016
4  Thank James101045
Reviewed July 8, 2016

I choose this company as I had travelled with them before in other cities, and their boat was half the size of a competitors. In any event my boat only had about a dozen people on it, and the other boat was rammed full. Just sat back with a glass of beer and let all the world just pass by.

Date of experience: July 2016
2  Thank Burl47
Reviewed June 15, 2016

My friends and I caught the KD ferry at Bacharach and traveled to St. Goar, about a one hour trip. We had read that this part of the Rhein is the prettiest section, if you have limited time. I agree that it is beautiful! The best way to view the castles, steep vineyards, and little towns along the river. The ferry terminals are easy to locate and the ferries are on time. The weather was gorgeous and we sat on top for the best views and the fresh air. I highly recommend this trip!

Date of experience: June 2016
4  Thank Mary Beth G
Reviewed May 31, 2016

Everyone with whom we spoke recommended the Rhein River Cruise. I looked through Rick Steve's book to see what he recommended. His recommendation was the roughly ten mile stretch between Saint Goar's and Bacharach. We took his recommendation and it exceeded our expectation. We wanted to see a castle. We saw several. The town of Saint Goar's is a place to spend some time, schedule at least two hours to tour Rhinefel's castle. We sat on the upper deck of the cruise and enjoyed the sun-filled views of both sides of the river. This stretch took about an hour and the beauty could fill a lifetime.

Date of experience: May 2016
4  Thank ebrandon
Reviewed August 16, 2015

This hour long cruise offered good value for €9. There was a commentary in German and English which was informative but not particularly interesting. I love river cruises so I was content to relax and take in the sights, but there is not really much to see (buildings, banks, more banks, some quaint church towers). There was an inside lower deck and a sun deck, where I sat. There was waiter service for basic drinks (and, I think, snacks). I enjoyed a glass of Prosecco on a hot day, which was a welcome break from the heat of the city. If you keep your expectations low, I recommend this short cruise, which I thought was good value. (I would have rated this as "good" if TA had such a rating.)

Date of experience: July 2015