KD Day Cruises - CLOSED
Review Highlights
Magnificent view of castle ruins

I took the KD Day cruise as a solo traveler right after my 10 hour flight. I was extremely tired... read more

Reviewed November 23, 2017
CanadaBunny
Canada
Rescue from Rain

It was bucketing down we ran towards boat ticket office and got ticket 4 mins before departure well... read more

Reviewed August 11, 2017
Chailey L
Watford, United Kingdom

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 24, 2015

The ride was relaxing and comfortable. You have the option of the open deck (in which case take a sweater) or the lower deck, which is nice and cosy. The views along the river are beautiful with ruins of Castles, vineyards and quaint old towns. The person at the Mainz counter was very helpful in recommending a village to visit. We took the cruise from Mainz to St. Goar, which was beautiful and then took the train back. Overall not bad for a day trip to see Rheinland.

Date of experience: July 2015
4  Thank Neshika D
Reviewed July 8, 2015 via mobile

It took around one houre. The butiful things that the city has tow diffrents views each side. One side tall new buildings. The other side is old one. Bothe sides are nice looking.

Date of experience: July 2015
1  Thank Azza G
Reviewed June 3, 2015

We loved the relaxed atmosphere of the cruise. It was so easy to get on and off the cities you wished to visit. We made two stops had something to eat and then returned at a leisurely pace. Our recommendation would be to take the trip up the Rhine on the boat and then take the train back . So easy to do!

Date of experience: May 2015
7  Thank 43murielm
Reviewed May 26, 2015

I took a 100 minutes cruise on Main which was very pleasant, also due to fact that there was a beautiful sunshine and a very mild temperature. I had lunch onboard, quality and price quite reasonable

Date of experience: May 2015
5  Thank annamariadimartino
Reviewed June 26, 2014

We took a day trip on the excellent KD Boats from Rudesheim to Boppard on my Birthday. I mention my birthday because on that day the 'Birthday Boy of Girl' and a companion can travel for half price, providing confirmation of the Birthday is produced. Being over sixty, we both travelled for twenty Euros. The 11.15 MS Boppard to the town of Boppard was much nicer that the MS Stolzenfels on the return leg at 16.00, which being much older looked quite tatty. These times allowed a comfortable two hours to look around the small town. On the run to Boppard we had delicious soup and bread for lunch. My home made chicken soup was delicious. On the return leg my wife had Pork Schnitzel and French Fries and I had a couple of Frankfurters and Potato Salad, although obviously we did 'mix and match'. On both boats the restaurant and toilets were clean and the staff friendly and chatty. This is a good way to spend a day when the weather is at best 'iffy'.

Date of experience: June 2014