“Excellent!”

Ranked #50 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Excellent!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Small, clean and the staff rocks! They let me pass the time in the lobby from arrival until my room was ready. Decent food and you can use the shuttle van to go to the aiport in order to take the trains. I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Remember: your room key turns on the room's power in Europe!
1 Thank Doc M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed June 26, 2013

My daughter and I stayed in this hotel on our way back from a 3 week trip through Europe and I must say the Hotel was comfortable, well priced and the staff were super. There is a free shuttle from the airport and one pays only EUR3 for the shuttle to take you back to the airport. Their buffet breakfasts are great with a large variety. Will defiantly stay at this hotel again :)

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tanja J
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We just spent a night in Frankfurt waiting for our transatlantic flight home. Meininger is located a 5 minute drive from the airport and is very well priced. The rooms are small and somewhat spartan but quite modern. We would certainly stay here again if we have to overnight in Frankfurt.
They do have a free shuttle pick up at the airport but we had some difficulty finding it. First of all we were in terminal 1 and the shuttle is at terminal 2. It was a long walk to the terminal and then we had to find the correct exit for the shuttle. We did see one sign for shuttle buses but then had to guess where to go from there. We were looking for exit 8 but mistakenly started looking at numbers on the pillars outside the exit. Eventually a security guy who directed us to the right place. Interestingly the shuttle back to the airport casts 3 euros and goes every half hour but you have to book it ahead. We did not know this and had to take a shuttle earlier than necessary because the shuttle was fully booked when we needed it. Just be sure to book that shuttle early.

4 Thank stanbr
windhoek namibia
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I guess this is a typical uberfunctional international airport hotel (I am not a great frequenter of these). I had to overnight in Frankfurt, and reserved a room in this hotel (I first mistyped 'hole' - a Freudian slip?) - a twin room - I was single but it would have been a problem fitting 2 people into it. There was a heatwave - over 35 degrees C - and the air cooler was completely non-functional. It was one of the hottest nights in my life. The staff, almost Neanderthal in their surliness, told me they were not 'technical' staff. Only bar food is available in the evening - I ordered spaghetti with pesto and a beer - even the beer took 30 minutes to arrive! Only one lift was working - I wanted to go up in the other one, and when I pressed the button in the lift, the whole control panel fell onto the floor! I was blamed by the receptionist for the accident. Will not be visiting again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank bill1942
Bangalore
Reviewed June 17, 2013

If you are looking for a budget acco near Frankfurt airport, this has to be the place! Very convenient with shuttles every half an hour - its just brilliant! Nothing fancy about the rooms but it has everything you need for an overnight stay! Would stay there every time I am in the region!

Room Tip: Use Internet Explorer to start the Wifi Connection. It does not work on Firefox!
1 Thank shivakumar_r
Burlington, North Carolina
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

I came to Germany on my first trip and stayed here. I arrived entirely too early to check in on a very busy week for the hotel, as there was some convention in the area, and the hotel was solidly booked. They not only honored my reservation, butallowed me to check in early and permitted me to wait, severely jet-lagged, in the lobby and restaurant area until my room was ready. The desk even had housekeeping--"Das Clean Team"--expedite my room's preparation. Wonderful day staff. In the evening, they had food and drink specials. All in all, there have been no complaints. I only stayed one whole day. If you were expecting luxury, you would not have booked this hotel; if you're looking for free handouts and someone to give you something for nothing, you should move on to the next one. The room is large enough for one traveler--and not small, especially compared to Tokyo. The staff were mature and professional. It's a bargain, near the travel center, and i couldn't expect more. Bargain hotels usually suck; this one did not.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank DocMacNab
Cuernavaca, Mexico
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I'm currently staying at the Meininger Frankfurt, and had to write a review. The hotel is cool, near the airport and the service is good. The rooms are clean and very comfortable so glad we could find a room in short notice, not to mention the price which is better than all the nearby hotels.
There is a cool outside seating area and lots of people dinning and hanging out.
Great if you need to stay a night at the airport.