“Good Food”

Lahore Kebab House
Ranked #1,195 of 2,549 Restaurants in Frankfurt
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed October 27, 2013

The food was good but then the person on payment counter seems like cheat.... Just be little cautious...

Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Nice lunch
Lamb curry plus nan and rice
Vegi samosa. Soft drink and large
Cup of heavy black tea
Only for 15. Euros
The food medium spicey.
Its nice.

2  Thank bnghanem
Reviewed August 10, 2013

This is one of the few restaurants around the Clarion Hotel in Frankfurt offering a nice meal at a reasonable price.

Unlike Madrid, Paris or even Vienna, where most restaurants offer a set menu for lunch, in Frankfurt it is all the opposite and most restaurants only work "à la carte", which I seldom accept for health reasons... Every time that I do it, my wallet gets sick for several days and screams so loud that it breaks my heart.

Lahore is no exception, and they only work "à la carte", like almost everybody else.

But this is a hybrid place, between a restaurant and what we call in France a "traiteur". This means that their different dishes are exposed as in a buffet, and you can either eat in at one of their several tables, or take your food out and eat it at home.

This explains maybe that their prices are very reasonable. For example, a vegetable Samosa is only 1 € and you also pay 1 € for a plain Nan. The Chicken Tikka (excellent) is 8.50 with salad and rice. Since I am not much of a rice eater, I asked if I could have some Dal (lentils) or potatoes instead of rice and I got both, plus the salad that comes with the Tikka. There were five big pieces of excellent chicken and I got a piece of lemon upon request.

For dessert, I had a "Rasmalai" for which I paid 3 € and the total came to under 15 Euros without drinks.

The only problem is that they are not licensed to sell wine or beer, which is very sad. However, if it gives you trauma to have a nice meal with a soda, you can always take it away and eat it in your room with whatever wine or beer you want, which are very easy to buy in that area from several stores. That’s what I did myself and, besides wine and French bread, I could add a good goat cheese that I purchased at a grocery around the corner.

These people seem to have another location at 114 Mainzer Landstrasse, which is a long avenue on the west side of the main train station.

Naturally, we are very far here from the 8 € that I paid in Vienna last month to have an excellent three course lunch with a beer at the "India Delights", for which I posted a review in Trip Advisor in 2012, after my first visit.

But considering the high prices of most restaurants in Frankfurt, this Lahore Indian restaurant is an excellent place to buy good Indian food at a reasonable price.

1  Thank Efrin_Knight
Reviewed August 3, 2013

the place is a bit small but neat and clean. there was a big display of the entire food in the warmer. dependign on the quantiry the price is done. parathas are freshly made on order. but all the ffod are fresh , decently spiced and good taste. price is as per the normal german restaurant. but not that expensive like the restaurants. a good place for indian / pakistani / arabic people.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I tried the curry chicken with Basmati rice. It comes in a very big portion.As far i can say, It is delicious but Nothing special about it. It cost me EUR10 for the meal with a class of Cola.