Tripadvisor
Frankfurt
All reviews great location two nights paulaner station train bedroom
Selected filters
Reviewed December 17, 2019

You need no car, bus, nor subway to get any where. You can walk to the Plarz full of different Restuarants. The breakfast of the hotel along with great coffee is another wonderful comfort.
The rooms are okay, the view towards the front would be the Church, with every hour bell ringing.
It is near the Christmas, the Platz has the mart, blue wine, and lots of socializing.

Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed August 22, 2018

The location is perfect, very closed to the cathedral and the downtown. Even if the room was small, it was well equiped and clean, with a big bathroom.
The owner is very friendly and helpfull. A very nice place to stay

Date of stay: October 2017
Reviewed September 24, 2017

Very clean, nice hotel. Great restaurant right next door. Close to the old city, perfect location at any time, parking is very east to find. You can walk everywhere, close to public transportation. Lovely spot, with very nice staff. Have enjoyed every time we have stated (3).

Room tip: rooms with balconies, only a few at top are very nice.
Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed December 20, 2016

Location was very near the romerberg christmas market..
Room was well equiped.
Breakfast spread is acceptable. Maybe can add-in a few more hot/cooked items (ie. sausages / bacon / fried eggs)..
Very friendly and helpful hotel personals...

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2015

Location is good but rest all get compromised. Even the location has its negatives. Since there is no aircondition in the hotel and it was a hot day so I left a window open at night. Very early in the morning somebody kept playing music with very high volume and that woke me up. The place is, in general, quite noisy - mostly due to tourists.

The other negatives are quite a few -
When I checked in the rate at which my travel agency had booked and the rate they had for the same booking was quite different - they had $22 more per night. I showed him the email and he said either the email was wrong, the agency was wrong, I was at the wrong place or something. After 1/2 a day of road trip to get here it was 10 PM and I was tired so I had to just take it.

Then he charged two nights on my credit card. I mentioned to him that hotels where I have stayed before charge at the end of the stay. He said they had bad experiences with people. I asked him if they would refund me if I checkout early and he said no. He asked me to contact the hotel owners/management.

Overall very poor customer service.

Not iron in the room and they did not have any at the hotel.

WiFi is provided but it slow.

Furniture is very old, rooms and hallway are dark - need to turn on the light in the hallway each time you go there.

Comforter on the bed is very small - half the size of a twin comforter on a twin bed.

An old shabby looking non-working radio in the room. No clock and no alarm-clock in the room. I could use my phone for alarm but a clock would have been useful in the room.

I asked the hotel manager if they have a safe where I can leave some valuables since there is no safe in the room. He said "this is Germany sir, that does not happen here. In our history of 20 some years of this hotel there was not a single incidence of stealing". I chuckled inside, thinking if it is so good in Germany then I must have actually died.

Breakfast was fine to good - not bad.

Date of stay: August 2015