“Frankfurt trip”

Ranked #48 of 268 Hotels in Frankfurt
Burlington, Canada
“Frankfurt trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

I found the staff to be excellent. They went out of their way to make sure I enjoyed my stay. The location is excellent with most places I wanted to see close by. I plan on being back next year and will stay at the Lindner again

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Brian1025

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

Traveling to Europe with my husband and 2 young children, not only did we need one room all together, I also personally require a hotel up to American standards of hygiene and service. Although it is not a huge chain, the Lindner Main Plaza lived up to my high standards at a very reasonable price. We stayed at the Lindner twice on our trip - at the very beginning for 2 nights and at the very end for 1 night.

As it is a residence and hotel, it has the security of requiring a room card in order to take the elevator to any floor. When we first arrived, we were pleasantly surprised with a 7th floor room, the view of the river was spectacular. The room itself was more like a suite than a typical hotel room - the main bed was in an alcove room of sorts with a double door closure and an additional tv. There was a cot already made up for my older child and a pack and play ready for my toddler. We noticed at around 1 or 2 pm each day the external shutters automatically went down on the window. Personally, I was impressed by wood floors. The room was impeccably clean, spotless. The bathroom was large and comfortable. The tub is set a bit high so difficult for small children and anyone with bad knees/back/elderly but otherwise I have not one bad thing to say about our room. The hotel itself is on the opposite side of the river from the center of Frankfurt, but that's perfect for a family - it's very quiet and residential right near the hotel. The tram is one block away. The nearest bridge is steps away. It is near the old town and all of the apfelwein restaurants. There is also a pool - I mistakenly took the underground maze of tunnels to find it the first time, possibly a good idea in the winter, but in August the best idea is just to take the most direct route out the front entrance to the spa building. The pool is cozy and very private feeling even though there are floor to ceiling windows on the plaza. It's open until 10pm each night and has an inviting blue light glow in the evening.

On out way home, we stayed one final night at the Lindner nearly 2 1/2 weeks after the first time. It truly felt like going to a familiar place and I was so happy to return there. Our second room was on a much higher floor - just 2 floors below the beginning of the private residences. It seemed larger and it was more interesting, in certain ways I wished we'd had this room the first two nights also. It felt even more like a 1 bedroom apartment suite than the first room - you entered into a hallway and there was a toilet room with small sink right next to the shower/main bathroom sink. There was a sliding glass door to separate the rooms. Also, this time the bedroom was much bigger and had a door that entered directly into the sink/shower room. Effectively, there were two entrances into the bathroom and this set up allowed for more convenience and quiet with young children going to bed early and adults who stayed up later using the bathroom. As before, the cot and crib were ready for us when we arrived. I used room service for breakfast on this leg of the stay and naturally, it was on time and extremely professional.

The only negatives or things to get used to are the need for a card to turn on the electricity and the out of place clunky soap and shower gel/shampoo dispensers. For such a classy bathroom experience, they really could have packaged the dispensers better. Also, in the second room there were no directions for how to call reception so I was at a loss when I had a question. But other than that, I wholeheartedly endorse staying at this hotel. The staff was extremely helpful, kind and polite. Without hesitation I'd stay here again - and hope I have reason to one day.

Room Tip: The rooms on the higher floors are larger.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed here twice on our trip. The first room on the 4th floor was very large, 3 room suite with refrigerator. Air condition was very poor and it was very hot while we were there. The second time we had a room on the 11th floor with sweeping panaramic view of the city. There were fireworks on the river and our room afforded a great view of them. This room did not have a seperate bedroom or pull out sofa. We had a rollaway for one daughter and the other slept on the couch. It did have a large kitchenette and small dinette. Staff was very helpful and English was fluent at reception and restaurant. Paying for internet did seem absurd and even the front desk had problems as we asked to have our boarding passes printed(which they were happy to do) but the email didn't go through til the next morning. We did enjoy the pool and sauna/steam area. It was very well kept.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Basel, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

Very nice hotel, a bit pricy. Rooms are extraordinary, especially design and architecture give this hotel a different touch. Most rooms have a small kitchen. Service is friendly. Reception and lobby area are a bit small. Breakfast good standard. Location is a bit away from the city centre, no good connection to trams or underground, which is a bit annoying.

Room Tip: Take a room with view to the river and city.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

We were only there one night. We didn't worry about paying for the Internet as we weren't staying long, but every hotel we stayed in, whilst in Europe,provided free wifi access in the room or in a foyer, so paying for it is not really acceptable in 2013.The room was huge, with a little sitting area. The staff were friendly & their English was good. The location was ideal. We had been to Frankfurt before, so we knew where we wanted to be. We were within walking distance to the main city square & there were plenty of restaurants & cafes nearby. We were leaving early the next day & don't eat a big breakfast, so for a very small cost, the kitchen provided us with fresh milk for our coffee & croissants & rolls. The hotel was quiet, but we weren't on a low floor. The only criticism we would have would be the cost of having a sauna & spa at the wellness centre attached to the hotel which was ridiculously expensive, so we didn't bother.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dublin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed in many hotels around the world, on business and for pleasure, so firstly, I know the average standard and secondly, you learn to accept a certain level of incompetence. After all, it's hard to run a hotel and cater for 100s of people with very varied standards. The Lindner in Main Plaza Frankfurt, which I am still staying in at whilst writing this review, is a pretty poor hotel. 4 star hotels gain that rating by having a certain minimum of facilities, and the Lindner has the very minimum. But I get really annoyed about things like having to pay €9.95 per day for Internet, per device!! So €9.95 for my iPhone and then another €9.95 for my iPad. I paid via credit card and there's no way to transfer the purchase, or at least no obvious way. This is not normal in most hotels. €22 per day for parking. I was on the 11th floor, twice I got to the room and the key card didn't work, meaning a trio back down to reception. Tried on 2 separate days to book a massage, nobody there, nobody to take a booking. The air con in the room works but it might as well not. 38 degrees C outside and all we could do was open the windows and let in half the insect population of Frankfurt. Do you get that I'm a little kranky? I just had to pay another €9.95 to continue writing this review. I had to put my credit card info in twice...I better not have been charged twice. Oh and the Internet itself is pathetically slow and kicks off the device every so often as the signal comes and goes. 2 tiny lefts for 180 rooms on 17 floors. They take EONS to arrive and then sometimes, you can't get in as thy are already full. 2 English TV channels. Really? In 2013?

Positives - rooms are ok. Pretty clean, nice little kitchenette.

Lets just say I won't be rushing back.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RickySpeed
Bonn, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

We just had a three-night stay at this wonderfully located hotel and were thoroughly impressed with how friendly and helpful the staff were. Without fail, every staff person we encountered seemed to be very happy to do whatever they could for us. We were also pleasantly surprised at how spacious our room was. As we stayed here in the midst of a move from one home to another, it was crucial for us to have space for all our bags and to feel comfortable. I hadn't thought this would be possible at a hotel in the city, but it was at the Lindner. I would absolutely recommend this hotel, and I hope to have the opportunity to stay there again myself.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family