“Very poor smell in the hallways”

Tagungshotel Hoechster Hof
Ranked #202 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
“Very poor smell in the hallways”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Could hardly breathe anywhere. Hall was very smelly from carpet. Room had to be aired out all day. The street outside is Very noisy with bar goers all night long on Saturday. Room was not cleaned every day without explanation! Tram 11 to HBF takes 20 minutes. Decor is old. However the breakfast is amazing and the staff wonderful especially at breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Greek first
Delhi
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stayed in this hotel from 10th June 2013 to 12th June 2013. I had originally booked Goethe Hotel, Frankfurt but due to some maintenance in their hotel they shifted me to this Hochster Hof Hotel as it is their partner hotel. Initially I was apprehensive of the hotel as it was situated in an old building (as per other reviewers). Although this is true but the river view is indeed fantanstic.
I am from India and a totally vegetarian. I had brought some raw packaged food with me which I needed to cook. The staff was co-operative enough to cook that for me. I really liked their service quality. I also liked the free breakfast which I would term as excellent.
I would definitely stay again in this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Vikasindia33
St. Louis
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

I'm not sure why the reviews are so low. We did upgrade to a room that would accommodate three with river view.
The room was unusually large for Europe. The bsthroom was large, too.
There were plenty of outlets available. Mini fridge I the room was a bonus!
Not a lot of towels, however, we did not ask for more. We did have some trouble regulating the hot water. It was too hot. Definitely not a deal breaker! I would stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Situated about 5km outside central Frankfurt, this is a suitable base for a budget stay. Rooms were small but adequate. Showers had plenty of hot water.

10 minutes walk to the train station and 3 stops into the central station (10 minutes) very frequent service.

There was no food available in the evening but a couple of bars within easy walking distance. The hotel bar was comfortable for a night cap. Quiet and fairly priced (for a hotel).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Parma, Italy
Reviewed October 30, 2012

The hotel is just 10 min. walking from the local railway station, as well as from Provadis school and the Industrial Park in Frankfurt Ost.
Since the hotel is pretty old, it is very noisy, especially when you are using your bathroom or having a shower! never the less the rooms are comfortable and clean.
The room are pretty big and spacious, with old furniture. The breakfast is included and you can choose a large variety of food. It not a good choice f you want to visit Frankfurt but consider it as a convenient accommodation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank barbara235

Travelers are raving about these Frankfurt hotels

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I have been staying at "Hoechster Hof" for the past three days and I'm going to leave it today. It's a pretty nice place to stay. It's not as expensive as other hotels in Frankfurt. The staff is very polite and helpful. As I lost my purse somewhere in Frankfurt they really helped me to get all the necessary documents to get back home. So thank you very much! The room was clean what is really important to me. The breakfast is rich and I really liked the warm atmosphere in the breaktfast room. I'm pretty sure I will be back here for my next visit to Frankfurt.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Manila
Reviewed February 16, 2012

I have been staying in this hotel for the past 5 years for normally 10 days in a year vor the Frankfurt Ambiente Fair. I liked the hotel for it's value for money. The triple room is very huge which is very rare for the price. Very near 5 supermarkets, 2 drug stores, good restaurants. I also like the wide spread of the breakfast. I agree the place is a bit runned down..faded carpets but not torn yet clean. The staff is very friendly and efficient. What bothers me most is the heater that makes a sound for 5 nights at 3 to 4 am for 15 to 30 minutes. The heaters are out dated every time I complain even at 4 am they cannot fix the problem. It's time to change the heating system and renovate the hotel.

Room Tip: Get the triple room. It'd very spacious