“Business meeting in the hotel bar”

INNSIDE by Melia Frankfurt Eurotheum
Ranked #36 of 270 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

A nice place located at the top of a highrise, with beautiful views of Alter Opera and Frankfurt.

However all six drinks we had were poorly made, watered out.

Clean place, and even with a good view from the rest room.

• Stayed: January 2013
Martina M, Manager at INNSIDE by Melia Frankfurt Eurotheum, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for staying at the INNSIDE Frankfurt Eurotheum and that you took the time to tell us about your experiences at our house. We are glad that you were almost satisfied with our services. Please accept our apologize about your impressions in our bar. Our 22nd lounge&bar is a famous place here in Frankfurt and we hope we can convince you about our high-qualitiy bar culture during your next stay in Frankfurt.

Best regards
Martina Müller-Frasch

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Being located in the same building with the European Central Bank the hotel feels very safe. It starts on the 22nd floor offering fantastic view from the rooms and elevators. My room overlooked the Opera and the square in front of it.
Most of the elevators have glass exterior wall. You may even feel dizzy going up or down.
The rooms are spacious with a tiny kitchenette and a walk-in closet. The shower cabin is transparent and located practically in the centre of the room. The interior design does not seem to match the price. The room was really expensive (not sure if it was because I stayed in Frankfurt during the fair).
Breakfast is good.
Staff is really helpful.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 4, 2012

this is a modern, high-rise building hotel offering quite amazing view on Frankfurt. Rooms are spacious (with small kitchen facilities) though furnished in a cheap way. hotel offers very rich buffet for breakfast which combined with the 22nd floor view makes it an experience. now, the same place is a great bar in the evening which unfortunately serves horrible food (uneatble)! staff is ok and prices when early booked also good.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Stayed in this hotel for 4 nights. Located on the main street, 2 min walking distance from the famous eating lane. Due to its location, and since the hotel extends vertically 22nd floor onwards, typically rooms are either facing the opera or the twin towers of DB. Rooms are spacious (compared to other typical European hotels) and service is good. Please ask for a wifi enabled room as the speed and connectivity is pretty good. Breakfast buffet provides reasonable options and quality of food is fine, though is slight overpriced unless u have taken an inclusive package.

Room Tip: Avoid taking rooms facing the corporate tower (which is inter-connected on the ground floor) , anoth...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here in mid-May 2012, right when the Blockupy Frankfurt protests were happening, which was probably the reason why I got such a good rate. The rooms for this hotel are located on the topmost floors (they share the building with the ECB, if I remember correctly). Location was great--in the middle of the financial district and a two-block walk to the Old Opera plaza. About a ten-minute walk to the Zeil, the main shopping street. Five-minute jog from the River Main. I didn't find it necessary to take the U-Bahn anywhere. About three blocks or so from the Fressgass, where a good amount of restaurants are.

I was put in a room on the 28th floor. No problem at all since the elevators were fast, and 3 out of 5 of them were glass elevators, so you could see the entire Frankfurt skyline at your feet as you ascended to or descended from your floor. There was always a security guard on duty in the lobby (I'm assuming because it's an ECB building). Check-in was on the 22nd floor and was efficient and quick; check-out took a little longer as the reception area was tiny and only two people were working behind the desk. However, service was always excellent and polite, and all employees I encountered were extremely helpful.

My room was essentially a mini-suite, complete with a kitchen sink and mini-fridge (I don't remember whether there was a hot plate for cooking though). One entire wall consisted of windows overlooking the river and much of the skyline. The shower/bathtub and toilet areas were separate; the tub was huge and luxurious. Bed was clean and comfortable and faced the windows. TV was mainly channels with German-language programming (no surprise there). Only English programming was Bloomberg and one other financial news channel--I learned WAY more about Facebook's IPO than I cared to on this trip.

Housekeeping was great. When I stay at hotels, I usually don't require my room to be cleaned every day of my stay since I don't tend to make a huge mess. Most times, other hotels' housekeeping staffs just go about their merry way. This time, after two days of having the "Do Not Disturb" sign on my door, I removed it briefly; not five minutes later, someone knocked on my door wanting to clean my room. I opened the door, a guy announced he was from housekeeping and asked if I need my room cleaned. I said no, but requested more toilet paper, and he RAN to get some more right on the spot. I left a little later, forgot to put the "Do Not Disturb" sign back up, and returned a couple of hours later to find my room tidied up.

In short, I highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 26, 2012

For our final two nights in Germany we had decided to try something different. We chose to stay here from other reviews that we read and were happy with the choice.

This hotel is a bit different since it's located at the top of a building containing European Central Bank offices and security measures that are noted in other reviews make this hotel unique.

If you are arriving by car it's helpful to know that there is no parking directly in front of the hotel. Even for unloading luggage. From the front of the hotel, turn right at the first turn and follow the road for about half a block to a parking garage on the right. Look for the button labeled for the hotel and press for entry. You'll be directed to follow the signs through the parking garage to another security gate to gain entry to the hotel guest parking area. There is a private elevator that will take you up to the sky lobby on the 22nd floor.

Inside the room there was a great view of the Frankfurt skyline. A unique double window system allows you to fully open your window to get fresh air without the possibility of falling out by accident. Another very important item to consider is that the tubular shaped shower stall is located right in the room. Many may not like this but we made fun use of it and our 4 year old got a kick out of it. If you are going to share the room with another person make sure you don't mind them seeing you naked.

The workout area had an awesome east view for watching the sunrise as we worked out. The sauna also had a window overlooking the city.

The breakfast buffet was pretty nice and since we had signed up for a free Melia reward card it was half off.

The immediate area around the hotel is kind of dead after the business day but only a few blocks to the north is a very busy shopping district with many restaurants. Also, just a short distance to the south is the Theater district and riverfront with running trails and river cruises.

We didn't have any problems during our stay and would stay here again or recommend to friends traveling to Frankfurt.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jim H
Reviewed October 21, 2012

The hotel starts at the 22nd floor of an office building. We had an incredible view of the city, and enjoyed dinner in the 22nd floor restaurant / lounge. It’s a relaxed but chic atmosphere, with a limited, but good menu, and a friendly waiter (wish I remembered his name).

The security in this hotel is excellent and I would recommend it for women travelling alone. The elevator system is interesting… a key-card accesses your floor, but you swipe the key-card outside the elevators, and it assigns which elevator will take you to your floor. No elevator stops at 2 floors on one trip, so it’s just you going to your floor.

Some of these hotels have bathrooms out in the open, but ours was closed (which we wanted). If this is an issue, make sure to request a closed bathroom

The room was a sleek, clean, modern apartment. Very comfortable, with automatic blinds to partially or fully darken/privatize the room. Mini-fridge, microwave, stocked kitchen utensils/pans/dishes/cups.

We would absolutely stay here again

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple