“Great Hotel in an Excellent Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel InterContinental Frankfurt

Hotel InterContinental Frankfurt
Ranked #33 of 275 Hotels in Frankfurt
Southern California
“Great Hotel in an Excellent Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2010

We stayed for two nights in December to visit the Christmas Market. Good location – 5 minute walk from main train station. Very helpful staff – from the bellman to the desk clerk, everyone was friendly and accommodating. I asked for a quiet room in the City tower and received a room at the corner of the building on the 20th floor that had an excellent view of the river and the city. The room was large and very clean. The bed had a slight slope to one side, but was still comfortable. It was snowing outside and the entire hotel was pretty warm. We turned off the room heater for the entire time we were there and still had to open the window slightly to keep the room at a comfortable temperature. We never saw or heard anyone on our floor - it was very quiet. The price was slightly below comparable accommodations. I would return to the hotel when in Frankfurt.

• 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2010

My most recent stay was my second in two years. I remembered liking this place and wanted something familiar. Some comments on this board say that the rooms are dated and worn. That was not my experience. My room in the river ring was small, yet comfortable, well maintained, and clean. I enjoyed the lounge in the lobby and the restaurant in the city wing. It was a great value for a cold December Sunday night.

Shanghai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2010

Selected this hotel out of the few near the center and with availability of a room and a meeting room.
I booked through the hotel chain internet site. Received the confirmation on line, but never an e-mail with a definitive confirmation. The rate was a discounted advance purchase, so I thought my credit card was debited.
On arrival, the receptionist could not find the booking... not the best after a 12-hour intercontinental flight (plus delay...).
Luckily, the reception manager took care of my case and, after waiting what seemed a too long time (but I was exhausted...), she found a room and upgraded me to a Junior Suite. Nice touch.
The room was a bit strange with a double door separating two rooms, a sleeping room and a living room. At the end, I never used the living room and the feeling was to be in a normal, tiny room. A suite, though 'Junior', should give the sense of wide space. But, I was upgraded so no complain, just a comment if you consider to rent this kind of room.
I could not manage how to turn off the lights in the living room... So, I went to sleep with a sense of wasting energy.
The room are not so new, but decent.
The eating is with air conditioning, which, together with the low temperature (it was snowing), made the air really dry. Fortunately, there was a little body lotion to provide relief to my skin. But, the quantity was enough for a baby; have it spread on an adult's body requires the dosage capabilities of an alchemist.
During the night, I had the chance to appreciate how poor is the sound insulation of the room's door: some people chose to have a lot of fun in the corridor at around 4 in the morning and I could hear them like they were in my room. Upsetting...
Internet comes to an outrageous 20 Euro for 24 hours. They are a long way from considering internet connection as basic as a shower. Instead, they use the connectivity as an excuse to squeeze your wallet.
If you love meat, eggs and an overdose of proteins is what you need then you got the best breakfast. If you happen to have a more vegetarian taste, the choice is limited. Meat, cooked also in oriental cuisine, is dominant.
The environment is warm and the service was good.
If you want to read the news with your coffee, bring your own newspaper: the few available were gone.
The meeting room was impressive, with a generous view of the river. The service was good, but in one occasion, during a crucial moment of the business negotiation, I could have done without the waiter asking us if we needed anything.
The arrangement was good and everything went flawlessly. They even inform the restaurant that I was going to have lunch alone, contrary to the booking and adjusted the cost accordingly. Very thoughtful.
The experience was good, but not excellent. I left with the feeling that I could have had a better experience.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2010

Stayed here when stuck in Frankfurt due to snow. You can get some pretty good deals online for this hotel, which is good as the decent hotels are expensive (200 euro plus). However, its fair to say you get what you pay for. Riverside superior rooms are 20 years old and feel it, the staff admitted its getting 'tired'. I assume standard rooms are even smaller and just as old. No pool, an average gym and small lobby bar make the place feel more like a upgraded Travel lodge. If you can get a room for 150, its an ok deal. With the extras, we ended up paying more like 220, and for 270 we could have got a genuine 5 star with character and all the trimmings.. I didn't see the club floor, that may be better.

Its not a bad hotel and the suites are old but pretty spacious, just don't think 'Intercon' when you book.

• 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank rarely_stationary
Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2010

We have short brake with wife at Frankfurt, planned to see Christmas market and just relax.
Our flight was cancelled 2 times, but we finally came to Frnakfurt an d Hotel and we had excellent warm welcome, nice Club room and we felt very nice.
First night we stayed at Club lounge, lounge is small and not so private, open space where everybody can see each other and also here everything, but service was excellent and we enjoyed our stay reading and having drinks and small dinner + cheese, cakes, all food was excellent and we felt very nice.
Saturday morning we had early breakfast and had it in Club lounge, nice omelet, pancakes and fresh bread and all waht needed and after breakfast went to see Christmas Market, it was nice about 10 minutes walk away by river, Market was nice and large, eneded to real shopping street, lot of shops, lot of people, but nice feeleing and we enjoyed, also enjoyed nice sausage dinner in city and came late back to hotel, had nice eveneing with help of room service and movies and book and also good night sleep, beds was as always in Intercontinental hotels, very nice... our trip eneded with long flight, again because airline company strike our flight was cancelled and need to checkout early than we was planned so it was only 1 day at Franklfurt instead 3 days, but we had very lovely stay at Hotel, service, beds... everything nice, and at end Josephine made very friendly checkout for us and I am sure we come back.

Dusseldorf, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

i visited the hotel on my short business trip, and the stay was truly mesmarizing. i was greeted properly and was given a room in the 18th floor, the place was just awsome, one could see the entire city of frankfurt from the window, truly an amazing experience. they also provide a large spread of complimentary breakfast and it is just 5 mins of walk from the main station, the service was good and its very centrally located, i will realls recommend this place to anyone who is coming to frankfurt.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Cantu, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2010

was there for a congress and everything was perfect..:room size, restaurant, cleanliness, bath products....Unfortunately no wireless in the rooms (only cable, and paying)

Stayed October 2010, traveled on business