“Amazing views from suite”

InterContinental Frankfurt
Ranked #34 of 268 Hotels in Frankfurt
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing views from suite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

The rooms are a little dated, but are made up by the friendly and helpful staff. Club floor offers a very nice breakfast with hot items made to order. Evening canapés and food of good quality, as is the drinks offering. Location is a short walk from the main station and the river views are very calming

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
IC-Frankfurt, General Manager at InterContinental Frankfurt, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Sam M
we thank your form your praise on TripAdvisor. We look forward to have you back as a regular customer. With best regards Martin Driskell, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brussels, Belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

Location is very good very near by Airport but still near by the water. Staff was polite but really not warm or smiley. No IHG recognition. Breakfast really basic. Room quiet large with nice view but bathroom very small. Very clean and room service very efficient and good. Bed was very nice, so I slept very well which is one of the most important thing when you travel and work a lot. Worse I have to pay to have high speed INTERNET. Not normal for business hotel. Basic internet is outdated. Need to be refurbished.

Room Tip: Ask to have access to IHG CLUB FLOOR if possible. Ask to have a nice on the water.
1 Thank Ambre C
Dear guest Ambre C
thank you very much for writing on TripAdvisor. We apologize that you did not really enjoyed your stay. Your mentioned point about breakfast, did you have it in the Lounge or the restaurant? Also your mentioned point regarding internet. With our basic internet, you can do all major task, like browsing, emails, chatting. Just if you want to download big files high speed is recommended.
We look forward to welcome you back tot the InterContinental Frankfurt. With best regards Martin Driskell, General Manager
Heraklio, Greece
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

Moderate rooms, look quite old. It is noticeable how small the bathrooms are, unlike other Intercontinentals. Nice stuff for Germany. The location is quite good for business purposes, but I am not sure it serves well while you visit Frankfurt for tourism.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
IC-Frankfurt, general manager at InterContinental Frankfurt, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear guest EPROHeraklio_Greece,

We hope you had a safe journey home

best regards
netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

Stayed at this hotel many times. We always make sure we have a club room with the club lounge benefits. The club lounge is in my opinion one of the best intercontinental club lounges in Europe. Great services, good breakfast, lunch and diner offerings. The rooms may be a bit old fashioned but are clean and well maintained.
The hotel is in a good location near the Main river and a short walk from the city centre. Lobby is big but, eventhough it's luxery, not really welcoming. A big turn of for me are the security men who are dominatly present and don't smile or respond when you say hello to them. Meanwhile, everybody can take the elevator to the rooms without using a keycard for the elevator.
In the evening the airconditioning seems to be less powerfull then during the day which has.a negative effect on a good nights sleep.
Overall a good hotel with potential with some improvements to be made

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
IC-Frankfurt, General Manager at InterContinental Frankfurt, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear guest paul_nl,

We are very happy that you appreciate services in our Club Lounge.
It will be my pleasure to pass on your comments to the team.
Thank you also for pointing out your comments regarding security. We will make sure to take particular notice of this issue in future.

We hope that you had a pleasant trip back home and we look forward to welcoming you back soon to the InterContinental Frankfurt.
With kind regards
Martin Driskell
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

This is a great hotel for intercontinental ambassadors. You pay for a club studio room and get an automatic upgrade to the a panoramic suite - the best rooms in the hotel.

And these two room suites are absolutely stunning. Huge lounge room with a couch, desk and chairs, two bathrooms, and genuine panoramic views of the river from the corner of the hotel. I have never stayed in a better city hotel room and I have stayed in a lot of city rooms including suites that cost three times as much.

The club lounge was nice had a good range of food and drinks - although our room had a better view. If you are going to have breakfast at the hotel it is worth paying a club room.

Hotel location is right on the river but a little bit away from the action. It was a very pleasant ten to fifteen minute walk to get to the tourist attractions.

Service was excellent - when you could find somebody. A couple of times (including our arrival) staff were nowhere in sight which was a bit strange. But when you did talk to somebody there were very keen to help. They even sent somebody up to our room to help us find a show on German TV.

Overall a great place to start or finish a European holiday and we would love to come back and stay longer.

Room Tip: Pay for a club studio room and be an intercontinental ambassador to get an awesome suite
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
IC-Frankfurt, General Manager at InterContinental Frankfurt, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear guest Mickp99,

Thank you for leaving your impressions on Tripadvisor and taking the time to give us your detailed feedback. We are proud that we made your stay home away from home.
best regards
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

It's located in the city centre within a walking distance from Frankfurt am Main train station.
But I had difficulty to find the hotel just because it was the first time for me to stay at the hotel and I was not familiar with the area. It took about 30 minutes to reach from the station, but probably less than half if you go the right direction.

The hotel staff was very helpful and friendly. Their service was quick and just right. The room was a bit dated but very well maintain and comfortable. Internet access was complimentary for a guest with membership.

My overall experience was satisfactory. You won't go wrong with InterContinental for sure.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear guest thin8,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed stay with us and that you feel you received great service.

Thanks again for staying with us.
We hope to see you again soon!
With kind regards
Tumwater, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

I travel an extensive amount and when I am in Europe I have just come to accept the fact smaller and less is the norm. However, at least for Germany this place has reset that belief. Normally I stay in Holiday Inns and Expresses. This is my 2nd experience with and Intercontinental and I am extremely impressed. The first was yesterday in Venice. A nice hotel and good staff but they could take a lesson from Frankfurt's playbook.

It started with my check in. Just walking in to the place I knew I was going to be happy. I loved the lobby, very spacious and well done one of the nicest I've been in. (I've never been in Trump Towers) But compared to the hundreds of normal people hotels I've stayed in, this is up there with the best.
You never get a 2nd chance to make a first impression. Annika (probably spelled wrong, I'm sorry) should be the poster child for how to do it right. She is very warm and enthusiastic. I have been a platinum Priority Club member for years and have always enjoyed the perks that come along with it. However, I did not know about the Ambassadors program that the Intercontinental offered. Annika's enthusiasm for the program was impressive. You could instantly tell she wasn't just offering a sales pitch because she is expected too. She really was a believer. I was a little set back by the $200 annual fee but by the time I got to my room I was sold on it. And even if I only enjoy the benefits the 3-4 times a year that I am in Germany I will feel it was money well spent.
I love my room, very spacious and well done. It is on the 10th floor with and extraordinary view of the river. And with the exception of the one party barge that went by it is very quiet and tranquil. Unfortunately the pictures don’t do it justice but you get the idea.
I have nothing bad to say about the Holiday Inn that I normally say at in Frankfurt, but as long as this place has a room available I won't be staying anywhere else.

Signatures, the attached restaurant was up to par with this hotel too. highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Go high and ask for a river view.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
IC-Frankfurt, General Manager at InterContinental Frankfurt, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear AHornbach,

Thank you much for the very positive and detailed commentary.
Very happy I pass on the kind words to the whole team and I hope to welcome you back at the InterContinental Frankfurt
Best regards Martin Driskell