“Great hotel, big rooms!”

Turm Hotel-a Supranational Hotel
Ranked #109 of 271 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed just one night at Hotel Turm, but wish we had a reason to spend more! The room is bigger than your average European hotel room, with a sofa, big bed, large bathroom and huge windows! We visited in May 2013, so we had the windows open which proved a little loud at 6am when the town wakes up, but nothing so bad that would ruin our stay at all! It was such a refreshing change from the usual stuffy, small rooms! We highly recommend!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Being unable to sleep well in the worn down room, I woke up very early (5:30 AM) and went down to the lobby. I was polite and asked if I can have a coffee (there is coffee machine in the lobby). The personnel were smoking (in the non smoking area) and just said "NO!" and kept laughin. Then asked (again very politely) if I can find a coffee nearby at this time, but the answer was "Go outside, and walk .."

These people has to be fired IMMEDIATELY!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Vesselin H
Reviewed February 24, 2013

While the location of this hotel is excellent, close to center of Frankfurt and near all transportation. The rooms were very run down, dirty and the service was awful. When I asked for a taxi, the man at the front desk pointed to the street outside! The wait staff in the morning were rude and one even made jokes about the guests.
Do not waste your money on this horrible hotel.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank World_Traveler_DR
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Older European style hotel recently renovated. No AC and steam heat which is really fine considering the usual climate in the area. I personally considered the major attractions walkable but hotel is close to a UBahn and SBahn station (stairs and no elevator). Staff is very friendly and are competanly bi-lingual in English and German. Has a free parking area but I would recommend a compact car if you rent one as spaces are very tight. If you are a late arrival during a busy time you will have to go just up the street to a paid garage which is somewhat expensive. Very good, reasonably prices, resturants (a good variey of cuisines as well) in the area that are walkable and a EuropCar rental location about a 5-10 minute walk away. Take a rubber bath mat as tub is slippery. We have stayed here multiple times .Reservations are important!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 11, 2012

The hotel is a small one in modern style, with large room (at least ours) and bathroom.
Efficient staff and parking available. Close to an underground station, but also sufficiently close to the centre of the town to allow a not boring walk looking at shops, pubs and monuments.
The breakfast has a good range of choice. Our room had no air conditioning and because of the hot weather this August 2012 the room was warm and the fan was not sufficient. But leaving open the window of the bathroom and partially one of the room the situation was acceptable. It was the only not so positive thing of our permanence.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank fab49er
Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

A local (Offenbacher, not Frankfurter) friend booked me in to Turm as it was closest hotel to where she was hding a meeting at J. Goethes university. She has previously used Turm for out of town visitors attending similar meetings.
Entry & bar/dining area looked nice & "hip" but my room was a little small & disappointing - it was "Mona Lisa" style, presumably smallest room with single bed only (not stayed at hotel fir a very long time where single bed offered). No view from 3rd floor except for car park and sides of building. No air-con so had to keep window open for fresh air but closed at night because too noisy.
Entire 1st floor being renovated during my 4 day stay, noisy & dusty during the day but ok at night & in AM.
Tiny bathroom but able to move around and just enough room to dry myself after shower.
Breakfast reasonable, daily change of hot meat (bacon, wurst) and ok choice of cold cuts, fruit & cereal.
Not too far to walk to main shopping area (Zeil, Hauptwache) 10 mins, 20 mins to Römer and Main river.
I was given cheaper conference booking rate at 50% normal price (€55 instead of €110) and cheaper breakfast (€10 instead of €14) through my friend but chesper room rate for only 2 days that meeting was on. My friend negotiated another day at cheaper price and expressed he displeasure at not being informed rhat renovations were happening.
Reception staff varied - i had 2 nice friendly staff, 1 allowed me to check-in @1130 which I gratefully accepted, having travelled for previous 27 hrs, but another staff member was more gruff, birdering on rude.
I wouldn't have stayed there if not for my friend and I don't think I would stay there again unless proximity was again a factor. My friend was disappointed with them as she has been using them for several years. So an average mark despite discounted rates for me, wiuld have been poorer rating if I'd paid full price.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank fabsnake
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Spotlessly clean, friendly. Room bigger than the one my relatives were paying four times the price for round the corner in the Hilton. No air conditioning. Free parking which saved me a lot of money. Handy location. Would certainly use again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family