Dorint Hotel Frankfurt-Niederrad
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$269
$313
$303
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewss bahn stationbath showerbusiness tripnice staymini barvery nice hotelaldisaunagraveyarddefendingrewetoiletrieskettle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Was at Frankfurt Book Fair and all in town center hotels were booked or too expensive. This Novotel is close to an S-Bahn, one stop away from the HauptBahnhof, and is really easy to radiate from. Recommend, even if price is steep during fair.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I previously reviewed this hotel as 2*, mainly because I was (justifiably IMHO) annoyed at their policy of applying DCC (dynamic currency conversion) to credit card settlements in foreign currencies without asking permission. Despite that I went on stay here many times as it is only 100m from the company I have been visiting regularly in the Niederrad area of Frankfurt.

Suffice to say they have not pulled the DCC stunt on me again (they have asked, which i don't object to) and I am happy to redress the balance with a more favourable review of what has quickly become my favourite place to stay in Frankfurt.

I stay in Accor hotels often as I think they generally offer a good balance between quality and cost. Their loyalty points system is generous and they are almost always very friendly places to stay. This Novotel is one of the best. The staff are universally friendly and always recognise me as a regular.

The restaurant has improved immensely in the year or so I have been visting here. At least dinner here is now a real pleasure. Breakfast however remains a fairly mediocre and expensive affair with the signature Accor scrambled egg that looks and tastes like it's made from powdered egg. I'd only recommend breakfast if it's part of a package deal or somebody else is paying the bill. Drinks, as in most hotels, are ridiculously expensive but that is so universal it isn't really a discriminator and I'm not even going to hold it against them. Surely people only buy drinks in hotel bars if they're on expenses, right?

I usually stay in an "executive" room as I think they offer good value, being that bit nicer. These rooms are always equipped with a proper bath tub which I appreciate as it's something that seems to be disappearing from many hotels these days.

The beds are comfy enough. If I was being picky I'd say they were verging on too firm but, speaking as someone who likes a very soft bed, they are acceptable.

Internet access is important too me. The wi-fi here is decent if quite expensive at 9 Euro per day (possibly cheaper in an exec room). It has the nice feature that you can can use your login details on different devices e.g. smart phone & laptop ... just can't use both at the same time. The only annoyance is that a login expires after 24 hours. If you want 5 days access you get 5 separate login details so you have to re-log in through the web portal each day with a new user name & password. Not exactly a show-stopper... but still.

I should add that this really isn't a place to stay if you want to be in the heart of Frankfurt city. A bit of a walk will get you to a tram stop but it really isn't too convenient for the city centre. If you have business in Niederrad however, it's a good place to stay and that bit closer to the airport than a a city centre hotel (~18-20 Euro taxi fare).

All-in-all probably a good 4* experience but I feel inclined to award 5* on this occasion, at least in part to counter my previous 2* review which, on reflection, was a little harsh.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 22, 2012

My fiancee and I stayed here for one night during transit through Frankfurt. I am a Le Club Accor Gold member and our account was paid for by redemption of award points. We chose this hotel after I previously had a very good stay here two years ago.

The hotel is located in a quiet, safe suburb midway between Frankfurt city and the airport and is only ten minutes from the airport by road. It is very easy to reach by S-bahn and the station is a ten minute walk away. The surrounding area is commercial with many office buildings.

The room was large and well appointed with modern decor. However the bathroom was not very clean as we noticed a dirty residue in the toilet bowl and a small blood stain on the bathroom wall.

Disappointingly the wifi was not free and, because the service is provided by a third party, the fee could not be paid by my reward vouchers. During our holiday we had previously stayed at five other properties, including Mercure hotels and private B&Bs, and all provided free unlimited wifi.

Our room booking included a free shuttle to the airport which was delivered in the form of a taxi voucher and was a nice touch. On check-in the staff seemed unaware of this, but called us later when they became aware of it. Overall however, the staff were friendly and helpful.

Despite these minor annoyances the location, design and decor of the hotel are good enough that I would stay here again. Novotel really must re-think its charged wifi policy though.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Michael M
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I was literally in this hotel for 5 short hours (due to getting in later than expected and my early am flight). It's a short 10 Euro cab ride from the train station and a 20 or so Euro to the airport. The room is typical of several other European hotels in which I've stayed and was very reasonably priced (less than $100). The room was clean and a descent. The guy at the front desk was nice and had my cab ready for me in the morning.

The only thing that I would call out is that the TV in my room didn't work (something I forgot to mention when I checked out -- sorry). Not a big deal since I was there for such a short time.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We were checked into a room that had bad odour due to a linkage from the Air condition. The air conditioning was not working and no one informed us until I had to confront them when I found out the other rooms had air conditioning. We were then changed to another room on our last night. The work men kept banging their tools.

I regret my stay over there. The service in this hotel was below par. Unlike the other Novotel I have stayed in from the 7th of August till date on this family vacation.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family