“Nice start of Cosmos Tour”

Leonardo Royal Hotel Frankfurt
Ranked #43 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Plano, Texas
“Nice start of Cosmos Tour”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We flew to Frankfurt for a Cosmos Central Europe tour got here a day early to unwind from Texas to Germany time change. Staff very helpful and let us check in at 10 am which was great after overnight flight. Large, clean room well equipped with heat very comfortable. Good included breakfast with more variety and choices than expected. . Ate in Bierstube, split a mixed grille was good and got introduced to great German beer. Yes it is outside the city yet there is great bus service to Frankfurt which we used.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Phil
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We joined a european tour and this was part of the package tour. Located quite a distance from the city center and the hotel is quite old. Rooms size is okay and tolerable. The only good point i can say about this hotel is there is a bus stop in front.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mitan

Travelers are raving about these Frankfurt hotels

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed at this hotel Sept 2012 it was the start of a Cosmos Tour. The rooms were good. The hotel itself is very isolated with no facilities close by. The food in the hotel pub was microwaved, terrible and very overpriced.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Leonardo Royal Hotel Frankfurt, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Pockets08,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay with us. I am pleased you liked your room accommodations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and we strive to provide competitive rates within the area. We would like to apologize that you felt the prices and quality of food served were not satisfactory. We greatly appreciate your feedback as this gives us the avenue to improve on our guest satisfaction. We hope that you give us a chance to change your perception of our hotel.

Thank you again for your comments.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHG Care
Nyon, Switzerland
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for a conference. The hotel was a very acceptable corporate hotel though with the decor of 1980s USA. Watch out for the WiFi though - there is a cheaper rate if you only want to collect mobile devices. (The reception staff didn't inform me so I ended up paying more for a "PC connection". Though why there are 2 rates is another question!)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Holbrook, New York
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I spent 2 nights here at the end of a Cosmos tour. The hotel is a huge building with a fanstastic staff. Rooms are very large with fantastic views of the south of Frankfurt. It is walking distance to bars and restaurants of Alt Sachsenhausen and a few additonal minutes walk to the river. Breakfast buffet was very nice and there are 2 large rooms serving food. I was glad to see personal safes available, you just need to check in at the front counter to get a small "coin" that needs to be inserted to the safe. There are large glass doors that are near the elevators, so it deadens the noise from the room corridors so a light sleepy like myself can hear no noise from the hallways.

There are 2 good restuarants a short walk up the hill. One traditional German restuarant and "touristy" Italian restaurant just another block further up the hill. A group of ate at the Italian restaurant and I would only recommned it if you are tired of German food and wish to get somehing a little different. I wish I had goen to the German restaurant as I understood service, food and prices were better.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
6 Thank TravelCrazyMan
Arnhem, The Netherlands
Reviewed October 6, 2012

The hotel made a bad start with me. I tried to book through their website: I couldn't. I sent an email to book a room: no response (!!). Usually I would have stopped here, but I did need a room so I used a booking site.
From there on things got better: a smiling, polite (for German standards remarkably polite, for International standards extremely polite), pleasant reception desk staff, a foom at the 21st floor (wow.. a View!!), and a reasonably sized room. And just when I thought this hotel would score high marks ... I connected to the internet. Some hotels still charge for internet connection. Some even charge a lot of money. This one has several rates (low/high bandwidth, one or 24 hours). I chose the expensive one, high bandwidth and 24 hours. The bandwidth wasn't high and the connection frequently dropped and it cost 17 Euros (cable or wifi; no difference in price or quality). Slightly annoyed I slept and went for breakfast. Breakfast wasn't included in the rate but would be charged to my room. It cost 18 Euros; definitely 100% overpriced. Nothing in the breakfast was exceptionally good, or remarkable. It was just expensive. Annoying really, as the price of the room itself was prefectly acceptable. Just the additional cost are ridiculously overpriced.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank HaPi_42
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Leonardo Royal Hotel Frankfurt, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear HaPi_42,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns and for staying with us. I am pleased that you have mentioned our pleasant staff. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering superior service and are happy doing so. However, I would like to apologize apologize for the difficulties you had experienced with our internet connection. We strive to provide service rates that are competitive in the area. It is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our valued customers, but to instead provide good value, comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Your feedback is of great importance to us and allows us to monitor and improve our service continually.

To better assist you on your next stay, please do not hesitate to approach the Manager on Duty.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHG Care
Jakarta
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The room is quite big and my room has a small balcony with nice view of the city. As usual in most European hotels, the basic amenities are quite standard and pretty adequate. The room itself is clean, I love the bed since it's really comfortable with many choices of pillow you can request at the reception.
Breakfast has good enough selection of food, pretty good actually.
You need to pay for the internet connection, and it's better to go to coffee shop or elsewhere if you need to use the internet because the price is quite expensive.
Location wise is quite good since it is near the city center but not within walking distance.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family