“best hilton in Europe”

Ranked #32 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Prague, Czech Republic
“best hilton in Europe”
Reviewed October 15, 2010

maybe the title is a bit like an advert, but believe me that hotel is ace. location is nice (close to shops and nice restaurants) the inside of the hotel is beautiful.. staff are friendly (like they are at every Hilton hotel)

the hotel restaurant is brilliant with nice food and atmosphere.

only thing that I didn't like was the excpenive mini bar at my roon (6eu for a botle of red bull that's just not nice...

overall I just recommencement this hotel to everyone that will visit Frankfurt or business or fun.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank angelowknd

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed October 13, 2010

The location of the hotel is very good. It is only two minutes walk to Zeil, shopping street, and 10 minutes to Romer, old town.

The service in the hotel is impeccible; one of the best receptions I have seen in my travels, especially, Peter.

The interior and exterior are rather standard Hilton style, glass and metal. Rooms are pretty big by European standards.

There is an adjacent gym with a pool.

Frankfurt is certainly not your tourist destination - there is very little to see there.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 11, 2010

I stay here at least 3 times a month, and having tried out most business hotels, it is certainly one of the best. Service is very good, and cant reccomend Markus at the executive lounge enough. My only little niggles would be that the roomservice is very "samey" if you stay here often, and the executive lounge is basically in a corridor. Other than that, well worth the money

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Sarnia, Canada
Reviewed October 5, 2010

I have attended the Automechanika in Frankfurt, Germany for the past 16 years and this was my first stay at the Hilton, Frankfurt....all I can say is WOW! I have stayed at the Sheraton - Airport (several times), the Raddison and Crown Plaza - Weisbaden and the Hilton is by far the best. It is rated as the # 2 Hotel in Frankfurt and I can't imagine what you would get at the # 1 rated Hotel? This Hotel was hard to top anywhere in the World (my opinion).
From the minute we walked in (Wife & I) we were treated like the King & Queen of England. Upgraded room to the Executive Floor, beautiful corner room with floor to ceiling windows on two sides and a great view of Frankfurt, the room was huge with all the amentities one would ever need. The bathroom was on a grand scale and would be considered very large to even NA standards (tub and seperate shower). In all my stays in Europe, I have found the rooms to be small in comparision to NA rooms, not the case here, absolutely fantastic.
While ALL the Staff were great in every way, the young man who checked us in (Yannick) was the best. Never forgot our names and greeted us by Mr. Parsley or Mrs. Parsley how is the stay, do you need anything, etc. this even after he was away for a week on holiday in Rome, he remembered us by name and he was just so genuine....he really did care about our stay. Yannick told us he was in the Apprentice program with Hilton and looked to make a career with the Company, they'll be lucky to have him a real "keeper".
I know where I'm staying in Sept. 2012 for Automechanika....the Hilton DT Frankfurt! Simply the best in Frankfurt, bar none.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Thank C.Parsley
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed October 3, 2010

As part of our trip we stayed 2 nights in Hilton Frankfurt . I've already stayed in the InterContinental hotel but wanted to try the Hilton . I booked by Hhonors points !

We arrived around 22:30 in Frankfurt Hbf by train from Copenhagen . I checked a map and thought we could walk the distance . We were three and had 4 pieces of luggage . We finally arrived after walking 35 minutes in the hotel . The man that checked us in was very friendly and helpful . We booked a room with an extra bed . And the man asked ' do you need an extra bed ' ? We were standing with three people and we looked at him and he didn't understand it . Of course we need an extra bed ! We are not going to sleep with three in one bed !

We got a room on the 5th floor but the extra bed wasn't there . When the bed came with 2 staff members they said ' Oh, the room is to small ' . They called reception and we got a " bigger room " on the other side . The room was exactly the same - maybe 10 cm bigger but there the bed did fit .

The room wasn't that large but it had a big bathroom . A big separate shower and a big bath ! The mirror was a little but dirty but there were amenities for three . The room itself was freshly decorated and had a LCD TV . It had a glass desk but internet wasn't free .

We didn't have breakfast but it seemed all right . But we did took a swim in the large pool . It isn't owned by the hotel but by a fitness organisation . We went to the entry but had to go to the other entry . The staff there wasn't friendly at all ! The place was full of people and the pool was almost overcrowded . So we went back to our room .

The location is perfect ! Just 2 minutes walking to the major shopping street and to the Hollister shop ! Restaurants are plentiful in the area .

We went back to the station by taxi - it drove 100+ km/h and was very uncareful and literally dropped us next to the station !

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Maxiiie
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed September 12, 2010

I've stayed here twice this month (5 nights in 10 days.) And some stays earlier this year. You would think that would count for something. Not at the Hilton in Frankfurt though... No special welcome or anything. When I did make a remark about this at check-out, staff was very fast with apologies. But that is a bit late. I'll look for another hotel next time in Frankfurt.

• Stayed September 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed August 24, 2010

I stayed as I did business in Germany. The staff was outstanding. They helped me obtain two distributors because of their support i.e. translation, making appointments, etc. The room was beautiful and had a wonderful view of the city. Local restaurants was not a problem and the Valets were proactive. I will stay here again!

Stayed June 2009, traveled on business