Location was excellent, rooms good, spacious and spotlessly clean. As a HHonors diamond member, got access to the Executive Lounge which has to be one of the better ones we have visited in Europe' There was a different selection of snacks every evening, with the cheese board selection being especially good. Sabrina and Enrique were very friendly, helpful, professional and made us feel very welcome. Contrary to the many comments about the lifts, we found them to be quick and never had to wait very long for one.
We were disappointed in a few areas.
1. Breakfast in the restaurant:
Guests were not shown to tables so there was confusion about which tables were unoccupied.
There was little consistency in that sometimes we were offered juice and coffee, sometimes not.
The hot selection was not good. The food was normally cold, not replenished very often and much of it very greasy. The fried eggs were cooked in advance and left to congeal in a serving dish (unusual in Hiltons). The scrampled eggs always had a powdery texture, as if made from powdered eggs.
We decided to order from the kitchen. My wife's fried, over easy, egg could have been used as a football!
2. Front Door
My wife is disabled and uses a rollator. The revolving door was out of the question, so we had to use the doors at either side of it. They were quite heavy and there was never anyone to assist her. The valet parking attendants at the desk outside the hotel saw her struggle with the doors but never offered any help, even though they had nothing else to do. We were surprised that a Hilton of this category did not have doormen.
3. Lobby Bar
The bar staff were excellent, but there was no disabled access, which embarrassed my wife as she had to be assisted by the bar staff.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay and, if we return to Frankfurt, we would, probably, stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secluded within a large park, the modern Hilton Frankfurt City Centre is an oasis of calm and relaxation in the vibrant city centre. Frankfurt attractions and shopping locations are on your doorstep. Spacious rooms and suites feature fresh colours and panoramic windows offering views over the city or the park. Take your time to unwind at the restaurant VistaBar & Lounge and recharge your body and mind in the Health & Fitness Club with half-olympic indoor pool overlooking the park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Frankfurt City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Frankfurt Hotel Frankfurt
- Hilton International Frankfurt
- Frankfurt Hilton International