“If you get a good rate... Take it, but Not great”

Hilton Frankfurt City Centre
Ranked #31 of 271 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed March 4, 2013

At the occassion that I could not stay at my favourite hotel around the corner, I checked into the Hilton. Its big and part of a chain that is highly diverse - hence it suffers the failings of such chains:
- mechanic but impersonal service
- staff lacks local insight and expertise
- no real ownership of you as a guest

The rooms are refurbished and a delight - but as usual with Hilton, everything costs extra and the breakfast is a steep EUR 33 per person, which I was not sure it is really worth. Wifi - available throughout the house is charged too.

Unfortunately, the obscure nightclub in the left part of the house makes too much beast noises to ensure a quiet night, until the place closes.

The pool/gym is actually part of one of the most oversubscribed and overrated sport clubs in Frankfurt. It tends to be the battle ground of the egos of the financial elite of this town and the guests of the Hilton that dare to venture in their space...

FAZIT - if you get a good rate, take it... otherwise shop around...

Room Tip: ask for a room near the business centre - away from the night club
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank I_laurentius
annikaschmidt, Executive Office at Hilton Frankfurt City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having stayed at the Hilton Frankfurt and thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us and other travellers through the tripadvisor website.

It is with great concern though to learn that not all aspects of your stay have been to your fullest satisfaction. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconveniences caused. We always strive to deliver service excellence and aim to exceed guest expectations if we can.
Being a large hotel chain does for sure not mean that we care less about guests and service delivery.
We sincerely regret having created such an impression during your last stay.
Despite your recent experience we would be delighted to welcome you back once again in order to proof to you that we can do better in delivering high hospitality standards.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Well I always had little problems with this hotels. Staying there quite a few times over the year, I enjoy it because of its ideal city locaction and because I enjoy my benefits as an HH Member. Unfortunately this hotel does not value you as such unlike most other Hiltons. But with the time I got used to the fact that I shall not expect too much when I check in and that was okay for me.
Usually there are problems with the unmotivated Front Office Stuff but this time they were fine. It was the breakfast service (or lack of service) that really dropped the ball. First of all it hardly gets refilled, not even at the breakfast rush hour time around 9-ish. Then when you finally find a table (yes you have to find it yourself because the very unprofessional breakfast "manager" (or poor excuse of a "manager" - some rude baldish guy I unfortunately dont remember the name ) is more interested in bureaucracy than guest relation. Maybe he should have rather work at a finance office instead of a hotel. As a frequent traveler I see a lot of people who are unqualified in what they do... but never before I saw such a "miscast". Okay whatever. Once you find an empty (empty, not really cleaned up for "ready" table) people seem to find pleasure in ignoring you. You have to get your plates, knives, forks etc. yourself. Not even then they care. Sure, get the coffee yourself as well... why not? Maybe if this hotel rethinks its staff, I dare to come back... but before that I will rather visit the Marriott, at least there they value you as a guest and not as a problem.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank BWLorenzo
annikaschmidt, Other at Hilton Frankfurt City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much, for your having taken the time to give us feedback on the breakfast service while staying recently at our hotel.
I sincerely apologize for this negative experience and I can understand how you feel let-down. I am further very concerned that you have had problems on your previous stays with us. We do value you very much as our customer and I can assure you we truly desire to correct whatever is not up to standard. I would appreciate it very much, if you could contact us via email frahi.gm@hilton.com so that I may contact you directly.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I spent six nights in Hilton Frankfurt Hotel. Central Area. Good for shopping and central district. Lots of restaurants around. Walk distance to Frankfurt Opera. But, very expensive during Ambiente Fair. The rooms shoul be renoved instead in the executive floor. Expensive internet service and very poor breakfast for 33 euros per person. I only stayed in this hotel to add points in my Hilton Honors Account. But as I have to go every year to Ambiente Fair I will check others hotels brands next year! Definetely.

Room Tip: For a better price Frankfurt has many many better hotels.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
annikaschmidt, Executive Office at Hilton Frankfurt City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your having chosen the Hilton Frankfurt during your recent stay in February and thank you for your time to share your valuable feedback with us and other travellers.

It is with great concern though to learn that not all aspects of your stay have been to your fullest satisfaction. For any inconvenience caused we would like to sincerely apologize,

Referring to your comments about our breakfast price, we are happy to share with you that in addition to the large variety on our breakfast buffet, we offer a selection of 'smaller' items such as a Continental Breakfast or various individual a la carte items in our restaurant as well at lower prices. Just let our service team know your preferences when entering our restaurant Pacific Colors. We regret though, that we have obviously failed to point out the available options for you during your last visit.

In general the value for price paid depends on the demand. Especially during fairs like the Ambiente our rates and the rates of our competitor hotels are usually increasing.
We hope for your understanding.

Despite your recent experience we remain at your entire disposal for further assistance with your next booking and hope to welcome you back.

Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

We were not able to check in for a bit since there was a movie crew in the Lobby! Then we were able to get in and check in was done quickly and we were whisked away from the lobby, later we wanted to have a pre dinner drink in the hotel lobby bar where we got asked to leave, because of the movie! Dinner was a choice of fish buffet and when we asked politely if we can have something else the guy was arrogantly telling us NO!

The room was fantastic! Better then most USA Hilton's! The mattress definitely not a Hilton Serenity! It was very firm!!!

The pool is nice but not usable for a leisurely swim since there are competitive unfriendly swimmer in it. The Sauna needs desperate renovations with mold on the ceiling! Beware its is also a coed Sauna! Locker Rooms were very busy!

Had lunch at the bar and food was just bad! I ate a Potato Soup for Euros 9 with some kind of sausage in it (was eatable) and a Caesars salad with turkey, where I had one bite and could not eat it since it was disgusting for Euros 16!

I would stay there again but never order any food!

The Club Lounge Gekkos is a lots of fun, but beware it is a smoking facility!

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear Marcus,

First of all thank you very much for having been our guest during your recent stay at Frankfurt.
We appreciate your feedback and the time to share your experience with us and other travellers through the tripadvisor website.

The situation in the lobby area when you arrived was kind of exceptional due to the tv crew being there. However this should of course not have influenced your stay in a negative way. Please apologize for any inconvenience caused. Also the situation when you were asking for pre dinner drinks should have been handled with providing various options.

Your experience with regards to our food and beverage offerings is very surprisingly to read as our chef usually prepares excellent dishes. We regret that it did not meet your expectations this time.

Despite your recent experience it is with pleasure to learn that you would stay at the Hilton Frankfurt again. We look forward to your next stay and the chance to proof to you that we can do better in delivering high hospitality standards.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This hotel is located right on the edge of the "circle" in downtown Frankfurt and is an easy walk to most shopping/dining/attractions/S bahn stops. I walked from the Hauptbahnhof and it took around half an hour... maybe a bit longer with a stop at Starbucks along the way. I was traveling light with a backpack though. With bags, a connection on S bahn would only have gotten me within a short drag of the hotel and a taxi probably only 15 euros or less. The front desk staff were extremely courteous at check-in, throughout my short stay and again at check-out. My room was clean, nicely appointed and had huge windows looking out over the city. My shower drained very poorly but this was a one night stay so I didn't bother reporting it until check out. The shower stall itself was large and the fixtures were very nice. I had a full sized tub in my bathroom as well. The price for the internet was very reasonable considering what I've been charged in other nice hotels in Europe. My stay was brief and I didn't sample too many of the amenities but I would definitely plan on staying again.

Room Tip: My room was above the street so when the windows were opened there was some street noise... but you...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your having chosen the Hilton Frankfurt as your preferred choice of accommodation during your recent visit. It is great to learn that you enjoyed stay.

Especially your parise about our front desk staff is a great motivation. We would be pleased to welcome you back in the near future. Hopefully you will have some more time to discover the beautiful city of Frankfurt.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

This review is a little bit late, but better late than never?

We stayed here 2 weeks before Christmas as we were visiting the Christmas Markets in Frankfurt, which in themselves were very very busy.

The Hilton, was very centrally located and we could walk to everything that we needed to in the city center. Valet parking very helpful when you have an 11 month old baby and a dog.

The Lobby in the hotel is huge, when we were there the service in the bar/cafe was so slow we actually walked away, they really couldn't be bothered with us and we were residents so don't know what the service would be like if you weren't?

We had room service one night and it was standard fare but delivered quickly and it came hot, what more can you want?

We had a corner room and there was plenty of the room for all of the family and a cot was provided as requested.

I really don't have anything bad to say about the hotel apart from the lack of cafe/bar staff. And having to go next door to a completely different company for the gym/swimming pool is a bit of an inconvenience but wearable.

If you get a good deal then I would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Corner Rooms are big and have a great view, ours was of the park.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear guests,

Warm greetings to Sydney!

Thank you very much for having chosen the Hilton Frankfurt for your stay in December and thank you for the time to share your valuable feedback.

It is great to read that you and your family were able to enjoy your stay. However there are some points you mentioned that we noticed with great concern. At this stage we would like to sincerely apologize for the lack of service experienced in our bar. This does of course not reflect our service standards you as a valued guest of Hilton may rightfully expect. Please be assurred that this remains an exception.

Frankfurt is also worth a visit in summer. The city is not that croweded as on weekdens during Christmas market season.
It would be a pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Really nice and convenient place for your stay. I booked a room on the 6th floor and had a wonderfull view to the city. Lobby is really nice. If you stay there, go to the club downstares, its really popular in Frakfurt. I hope they already finished their construction works, which were a bit annoying, but in general its a worth place.

Room Tip: Rooms on upper floors provide a nicer view (might be more expensive).
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank JurgitaD
annikaschmidt, Executive Office at Hilton Frankfurt City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Dear Jurgita,

Thank you very much for having stayed with us in March 2012. It is great to learn from your rating that you had an enjoyable stay at the Hilton Frankfurt.

Thank you also for the time to share your valuable feedback with us and other travellers through the tripadvisor website.
Kindly be informed that currently no construction works are undergoing. So, you can plan a hassle free stay.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back at the Hilton Frankfurt in the near future.