“Not Bad”

Savigny Hotel Frankfurt City
Ranked #126 of 271 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Stayed here for one night in September.

We transited Frankfurt by train (not a very attractive city) and picked this hotel as it is close to the station (no more than 10 mins walk).

Hotel itself looks fairly stylish, but dated in parts. No free Wi-Fi in the room; why do Accor do this? A rather slow PC in the lobby can be used free of charge, and there is also free Wi-Fi in the lobby. Staff friendly and helpful. No fitness facilities on site.

Rooms are comfortable and clean, although bathrooms are small. Decor is classical and this adds to a cozy feel.

Overall, if you need a comfortable hotel close the rail station (but not much else) this will suit you.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 16, 2013

This is the first time I tried the Mgallery collection after numerous stay in other Accor hotels. Indeed, it is one of the worst experience for my stay, to be more specific, upon my check-in, the service from the check-in manager (in black suit) is the worst I have experienced. He never assisted us with the luggage and when I asked about the borrowing of the trolley, he just leaves it at the entrance without any assistance, and we have to carry our heavy luggage up six steps before getting to the trolley.

Later, when we get on the elevator to room, we took a wrong elevator, and he just told us that "Haa, you take a wrong elevator" but without directing us to a correct one. Even he reacted the same when we took a wrong way again. Totally bad.

Our non-smoking room smells with strong smoking smell and the entire design is old-fashioned and the interior aged. Wifi is paid, and though free Wifi in lobby but very slow response. What an experience with my stay in Mgallery.

However, I must point out that the manager when I check-out offered a high-standard of service to us, and he even helped us for the luggage and also go with us to the parking for paying fee, this should be the services for a top series of Accor hotels.

Room Tip: Request for a real non-smoking room if needed.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Daniel C
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I have been in this hotel on business for many years and it has always been a very good experience.

It is in a lovely location, walking distance to Frankfurt Hbf.

The rooms are clean, quite large and quiet. The staff is very pleasant and helpful. There is a good buffet breakfast.

I recommend this hotel for business.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 13, 2013

The staff at the hotel were friendly and always helpful. I have no complaints about the room as it was cleaned well every day and was comfortable. The breakfast in the hotel was OK. Good location for business and to transport links. Can be loud at night but you cannot really expect anything else from a hotel in a city. All in all a decent hotel.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 1st floor and had no complaints about my room, however, others stayed on the higher...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 11, 2013

The hotel is situated in close proximity to the centrail railway/bus station which ensures good connection to the transport means but yet out of the boundaries of the notorious area. It is clean, has friendly staff and with excellent ratio price/quality. A perfect choice for business or short leisure. I would definetly choose the same hotel in my next visit of the wonderful Frankfurt.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2013

This is the best hotel near to Frankfurt Hbf. I've found (about 400m). Front desk staff helpful, even though I arrived after 2300, and hotel now comes with free wifi although in the room I had in the Westend Wing this did not work too well. Room was comfortable with ample space although the shower was a little past its prime. Relaxing atmosphere really helped after a busy day in Basel. The only weird thing was when I tried to have the breakfast no-one seemed to know how much it cost (I think it's EUR24), so I skipped it as I was running out of time by then.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Rooms were small but well appointed. Bathroom was small with good shower. They gave you disposable slippers/shower shoes in bathroom which was nice touch. No gym or pool. Free fruit at front desk. Great central location. Didn't try breakfast in hotel.

Front desk tried hard to please. They gave me free internet as an Accor platinum, so it pays to ask.
If you get a good rate, it is a reasonable place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Travelers also viewed these Frankfurt hotels
Hotel Villa Florentina
Innenstadt
NH Frankfurt Messe
NH Frankfurt Messe
#8 of 271 in Frankfurt

Been to Savigny Hotel Frankfurt City? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Savigny Hotel Frankfurt City

Address: Savignystr. 14-16, 60325 Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany (Formerly Hotel Savigny Frankfurt City - MGallery Collection)
Location: Germany > Hesse > Frankfurt > Westend-Süd
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access
#69 Luxury Hotel in Frankfurt
Price Range: $98 - $200 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Savigny Hotel Frankfurt City 4*
Located in the heart of the bustling financial district of Frankfurt, a few minutes walk from the exhibition centre, the central railway station and the cultural highlights of the city of Goethe, the MGallery Hotel Savigny Frankfurt City welcomes you with French charm and warm hospitality. Experience the ambiance of our 155 rooms and 4 function rooms with garden views. Enjoy the delicious cuisine in our restaurant, relax on the terrace and enjoy piano music at the bar at the end of the day. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Savigny Hotel Frankfurt City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Sofitel Frankfurt