“value for money”

Ranked #148 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
delhi
“value for money”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

very nice deal at Euro 45 a night in frankfurt was very good. Located a little outside the main area but nicely connected by tram and U bahn. Good italian restaurant at the ground floor and nice bakeries around the main street was real good options for food.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Bucharest
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Our double room had one larger single bed and one extensible coach which was not what we booked. After one night the couch broke and we were brought a folding bed which was terrible. I ended up sleeping with my husband in the single bed which was very uncomfortable. The same type of room was also given to our friends so I do not think our room was the exception.

Otherwise the room was very clean and it looked well for a budget hotel. The breakfast was varied enough and it wasn't excessively expensive.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank adinarc
Leeds, UK
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I stayed in a club room at the Golden Lead hotel. This was quite a large room with a queen sized bed. The bed was very comfortable, although only one pillow was provided and I would have preferred two. The mini-bar had a few drinks inside and a choice of four snacks, which were reasonably priced (as mini-bars go). There was also a comfortable settee, a chair and table and nice artwork on the walls, as well as a decent size TV. All in all, the room had a very nice ambience.
The view from the window was of the inner square of the hotel, which was actually surprisingly pleasant and green. The downside of this arrangement was that, inevitably, on a Friday or Saturday evening some of the party going residents wanted to advertise their existence well into the early hours of the morning, and so I discovered it’s best not to try and sleep with the window open!
The bathroom was big with a very spacious shower cubicle, but no bath. The shower itself was a good strength handheld power shower, with a fixed bottle of shower gel in place. Unfortunately this was all but empty, so good job I had my own. Another fixed bottle of liquid soap was by the bathroom sink.
I arrived at 11 PM at night but by that time the restaurant and bar were shut. However the staff very generously agreed to put together a small snack for me. In fact the service at the hotel was friendly and thoughtful throughout. For example, it was raining on the Saturday and I was offered an umbrella as I went out. A free safety deposit service is available at reception, although the impression I had was that the number of available boxes is limited as, when I enquired, the receptionist had to check whether there was one available.
The hotel is located to the east of the city, near the east station. This is away from the plethora of nightlife and restaurants that inhabit the more central areas of the city and so night-time itineraries need a slight degree of planning. That said, if you have a car, I understand there is an underground parking facility, and if not you can take the U6 underground line to the “Ostbahnhof “ station. The hotel is only a five minute walk away from there. Alternatively, Tram 11 goes very close. The one-way fare from the central station is two and a half euro’s as of October 2012 and the only takes about 20 to 25 minutes in total (you take the U4 or U5 from the train station and change to the U6 at Konstablerwache).
My two word summary for the Golden Leaf hotel would be “Great Value” and I would certainly recommend it if you are looking for nice, three and a half star accommodation, with a friendly ambience at a reasonable price, as long as you are not too worried about a central location.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Smaug
San Diego, California, USA
Reviewed October 23, 2012

This hotel is in the east of Frankfurt near the old east train station (not close to the main train station). There is a tram running to the main attractions of Frankfurt, as well as the Train Station and the Financial District. It takes about 15 min to the main station.

The rooms were spacious and equipped with a kitchenette, Mini Bar with reasonable prices. The bathroom seemed small and there was a shower only but it was definitely a good deal. I can recommend this hotel if you get a good deal.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Washington, D.C
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I booked this hotel through cheaptickets. It is definitely a budget hotel. The kitchenette is small and efficient. The room was clean for the most part. We needed an extra bed for one night and we were charged nearly 20 euro even though the advert stated that we would be charged 8 euro a night. By the way...that extra bed is a tiny rolled out couch from the 1970's

The customer service staff was so unpleasant we actually started to look for another hotel! One of the attendants mocked me for asking a basic question about the telephone usage rates. The conversation was IN ENGLISH. I tried to explain that his unit of measurement is not used where I'm from but he persisted with his answer, then abruptly hung up on me. I later saw him MOCKING me to another attendant when I was standing in the lounge, as if I wouldn't be able to understand that he was talking about me because he was whispering in german. This particular guy is short, balding in the middle of his head, and has a nasty smirk on his face most of the day.

There was a very kind female attendant that attempted to help me get a German phone number, and the late night attendant was very helpful as well.

However, this could not make up for the general nastiness. Just this morning I tried to call the hotel from another place, and because the number I am using in American, they let the phone ring...once someone picked up then hung up again. Finally I used my German friends phone and "miraculously" I was able to reach them. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do yourself a favor and avoid this one. There are much better budget hotels in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank BiafraBelle06

Travelers are raving about these Frankfurt hotels

Reviewed October 10, 2012

The hotel is in the eastern part of Frankfurt, about 35 min from the Airport and 15 min from the CIty Center. A tramway station which brings you directly to the city center is about 5 min away from the hotel. The hotel room is big enough and has enough storage space and a mini kitchen. The hotel is very close to railway tracks, the trains are sometimes very loud. Big minus: No free WiFi in the hotel (9,- € for a day ticket). The hotel staff is ok, not more not less.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank oxxyalmy
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I stayed here whilst attending an exhibition at Frankfurt Messe.
On arrival the staff were quite abrupt, but I'll put that down to a difference in language and give them the benefit of the doubt.
The room was ok, and clean. But the bathroom was a bit dated and also quite small.
Cost was relatively cheap, but this is down to its location which is not brilliant.
Next time I was visiting an exhibition I would try and stay in a hotel nearer and save on hire car costs.
If I stayed in Frankfurt again this hotel would not be my first choice.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business